Robespierre
nasir6371
LoveSlug
El Gunner
Arquitecto
42 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

UEFA Champions League QF 18/19: Tottenham Hotspur FC v Manchester City  - Page 15 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League QF 18/19: Tottenham Hotspur FC v Manchester City

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Son needs a separate section about being the clutchiest guy around

Might have the best shooting technique in the league

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League QF 18/19: Tottenham Hotspur FC v Manchester City  - Page 15 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League QF 18/19: Tottenham Hotspur FC v Manchester City

Post by Doc Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Doc wrote:Wait, how was Spurs lucky and more importantly, you're just gonna ignore their underachieving, choking and Spurs-esque planning pre Poch?
2 shots on target 2 goals

Var ruling out a goal that was inches offside

Llorente scored with his bum

They were lucky today. No shame about it. Every champion team needs luck on their side in these types of games. But if I were a city fan I'd be sooooo pissed

2 shots, 2 goals can also be called efficiency. Llorente also scored with his hip, not his bum. He also out jumped two City players on a decent cross.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 pm

I thought City are favourites for the title ? @Frenzy

#NumptyGuru
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Doc wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Doc wrote:Wait, how was Spurs lucky and more importantly, you're just gonna ignore their underachieving, choking and Spurs-esque planning pre Poch?
2 shots on target 2 goals

Var ruling out a goal that was inches offside

Llorente scored with his bum

They were lucky today. No shame about it. Every champion team needs luck on their side in these types of games. But if I were a city fan I'd be sooooo pissed

2 shots, 2 goals can also be called efficiency. Llorente also scored with his hip, not his bum. He also out jumped two City players on a decent cross.

Thank you.

Not a great goal and rather what I would call a William Gallas-esque goal but not a fluke by any means and will be remembered in sending Spurs through the semis in the Etihad.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:26 am

Wow.

This week in the CL has been mental.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:55 am

Two shots on target, two on goal? Did I miss something? Stats said Spurs had 7 shots on target
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:58 am

CBarca wrote:Two shots on target, two on goal? Did I miss something? Stats said Spurs had 7 shots on target

2/2 in the first half, maybe?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 am

have to say how is son still at spurs. the guy is deadly in front of goal and shows up in the big games. yes kane is a better player but this guy is better than 2nd fiddle at spurs ffs.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:33 am

Probably because no one wants to buy players from Lewy, and he would likely cost more than 100m Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:34 am

He wanted to leave start of last season but Poch convinced him and promised him way more playing time

Been singing his praises since Leverkusen days, admittedly because I used him on FIFA back then and he was better than Ronaldo for me Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:36 am

BTW, how many will city score against spurs this weekend? I'm thinking 5-0 at least
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:47 am

sure I saw a post around here earlier where Arq was praising Laporte, just want to say he put in one of the all time worst defensive displays I've seen in a CL Knockout, put in a performance that Phil Jones would be envious of
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:49 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:BTW, how many will city score against spurs this weekend? I'm thinking 5-0 at least

There's no way in hell they keep a clean sheet lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:56 am

Idk I think City will be out for blood and spurs will still be hungover
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:04 am

nobody cares

CL is the biggest stage of them all and it won't make it sting any less for City and their fans

I for one hope they smash Spurs though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Idk I think City will be out for blood and spurs will still be hungover

It's not that serious lol, they'll want to win the game but i doubt they'll be that angry or anything.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:24 am

Son signed an extension with Spurs last summer. Spurs didn't have to offer it, knowing there was a very decent chance Son would not win a gold medal at the Asian Games (?) and thus would have to complete his mandatory service. I'm not sure if the deal would have included payment for Son during this time or not, but the fact remains: Spurs showed faith in Son when it would have been easy to try and get away from his predicament.

As far as I can tell, Son is very happy at Spurs. He's on a contract until 2023 and gets regular playing time. He's not second fiddle to anyone. I don't see him leaving unless there is an exodus at Spurs and they go back to being a 5th/6th place team
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:41 am

People are praising that Spurs did it without Kane. Before the game, the TV channel showed an interesting stat that shows the comparison of no. of wins, goals scored, conceded, etc for Spurs with and without Kane. Spurs without Kane had been better in all categories.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:58 am

You're telling me you rather have Llorente up front than Kane? Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:20 am

I have just shared an interesting stat that seemed to be correct after a tough CL tie

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 am

Sure, but the stats can lie.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:44 am

My recurring nightmare as   fan in this VAR era: what's happened on 93' of City-Tottenham.
The most important goal of the season scored on last minuted, deleted with the goal checking after you're gone mad with joy. Brutal.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:49 am

Robespierre wrote:My recurring nightmare as   fan in this VAR era: what's happened on 93' of City-Tottenham.
The most important goal of the season scored on last minuted, deleted with the goal checking after you're gone mad with joy. Brutal.

I celebrated that Sterling goal wildly. Not even a City fan. I can't imagine how City fans felt.

Worst nightmare indeed.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 pm

neuro11 wrote:People are praising that Spurs did it without Kane. Before the game, the TV channel showed an interesting stat that shows the comparison of no. of wins, goals scored, conceded, etc for Spurs with and without Kane. Spurs without Kane had been better in all categories.
A lot of those wins were close games that Spurs won on the last 10 minutes with some luck. Don't think spurs fans enjoyed being kane-less and living to the edge of the seat.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Robespierre wrote:My recurring nightmare as   fan in this VAR era: what's happened on 93' of City-Tottenham.

I celebrated that Sterling goal wildly. Not even a City fan. I can't imagine how City fans felt.

Worst nightmare indeed.

You had an opposite Sissoko moment:

He says: "I was on the bench, I saw the goal of the 5-3, and I was so in all my states that I returned directly to the locker room. I was alone, no one had accompanied me, no TV screen was broadcasting, and in my head we were eliminated. This is one of the staff members who entered the locker room at the end, and who launched me:"Incredible, we did it!" I said, " How did we do it?" At that moment, he told me that the goal had been canceled! So, I put on a T-shirt, I forgot my wound and I ran outside to join the others, not to miss the celebration of such a historic moment. It was an incredible emotional shock. "
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Worst nightmare indeed.

You had an opposite Sissoko moment:

He says: "I was on the bench, I saw the goal of the 5-3, and I was so in all my states that I returned directly to the locker room. I was alone, no one had accompanied me, no TV screen was broadcasting, and in my head we were eliminated. This is one of the staff members who entered the locker room at the end, and who launched me:"Incredible, we did it!" I said, " How did we do it?" At that moment, he told me that the goal had been canceled! So, I put on a T-shirt, I forgot my wound and I ran outside to join the others, not to miss the celebration of such a historic moment. It was an incredible emotional shock. "

That's what scientists call as a near-death experience .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15