S
nasir6371
Glory
Vlad the Impaler
45 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Who will qualify to the semi-finals?

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Vote_lcap45%UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Vote_lcap55%UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 11

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Empty Re: UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:39 pm

That being said I sincerely hope Barcelona go through.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Empty Re: UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Post by Doc Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:04 am

I really don't care how Utd to do it, just beat Barcelona please. @Firenze I am holding you responsible. I didn't let you down last season, time to return the favour brother.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:45 am

Don't get your hopes up. Barca will own both legs, no sweat.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:56 pm

No Barca fan is worried. United will get 7 clear chances in the two legs to score but wont take their chances. Barce to have 4 clear chances and are going to score 5. Every Barca game is the same.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Imagine if Barcelona don't go through, I will partake in the banter along side Fraudrenze destroying La Liga.

That being said, Barcelona please destroy them, I really want Liverpool to play against Messi in his prime and possibly watch that match in Barcelona.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:43 pm

Messi is not in his prime.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 pm

Good for the rest of us then lol
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:53 am

Banter aside, the way I see it, we have a realistic shot and Barca aren't to be feared as some supernatural team now.

They are favourites. I mean, we are 5th in the league and were in a shambles a few months ago. It's a healing process we're in currently. But we've beaten some very strong sides since Ole came in, in dominant fashion.

This is the team that beat PSG and Juventus this season (I've said it before but Juve would have been eliminated if it were a two legged tie) I get that people like to shit on us and say we got lucky (which IMO only flies over 1 game, not two, and we were competitive with Juve in the first game and the same with PSG until 3 key players went off injured) so yeah, what I don't like is that people seem to think we're going to turn up and get ran over. The tie will be competitive. If Lyon can make a tie of it, so can we.

Juventus get rated as a team that can win the CL this season but we have little chance vs Barca? even though we've beaten two of the supposed favourites in the tournament?

Barca 60 - United 40 on going through. Ole's underrated as a tactician, he will do his best to counter them. This is based on our ideal 11 being available.

Expecting a CL classic.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:57 am

I wish United could win but there is very little chance. Barca are gonna thoroughly dominate.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:07 pm

I think we are odds on favorites for a few reasons.
The desire to win the competition seems huge. Seeing Madrid win 3 on the trot must have hurt and the players seem extra motivated in the CL. Our Cl performances have on average been much better than our league performances.

Messi and Suarez are rested. Suarez got a convenient knock and gets a 2 week rest after a hectic 3 months. Messi came back after the first game. As supposed to previous seasons, when our stars have looked very tired in March and April.

Our style of play. We are now better suited to win continental ties as opposed to when we were at our peak. Its not Cruyff football and I personally dislike it. But its winning football at CL level. And a prime example was the way we took apart Betis. Played without the ball and put on a counter attacking clinic.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Firenze wrote:Banter aside, the way I see it, we have a realistic shot and Barca aren't to be feared as some supernatural team now.

They are favourites. I mean, we are 5th in the league and were in a shambles a few months ago. It's a healing process we're in currently. But we've beaten some very strong sides since Ole came in, in dominant fashion.

This is the team that beat PSG and Juventus this season (I've said it before but Juve would have been eliminated if it were a two legged tie) I get that people like to shit on us and say we got lucky (which IMO only flies over 1 game, not two, and we were competitive with Juve in the first game and the same with PSG until 3 key players went off injured) so yeah, what I don't like is that people seem to think we're going to turn up and get ran over. The tie will be competitive. If Lyon can make a tie of it, so can we.

Juventus get rated as a team that can win the CL this season but we have little chance vs Barca? even though we've beaten two of the supposed favourites in the tournament?

Barca 60 - United 40 on going through. Ole's underrated as a tactician, he will do his best to counter them. This is based on our ideal 11 being available.

Expecting a CL classic.

This is a far cry from what you were saying last week: 3rd best team in the world right now.

Man U definitely has a shot. Barca are not supernatural. They are definitely going to have to win by more than one goal in Manchester if they are gunna come out on top.

The thing is, and this isnt ground breaking information, that when you have Messi on your team, especially at home in a 2nd leg, your odds of going though are higher than what can be quantified w statistics.

I want man u to win, but I'd give it more of a 70/30 than a 60/40
80s_Stallone
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 pm

No disrespect but they got dicked in midfield by washed up Alves, Di Maria + Bernat and Marquinhos without Nerman even being there. PSG have 0 true midfielders, only fullbacks and wingers who are comfortable on the ball and United couldn't deal with that already. Laughing Busquets, Arthur, Rakitic, Coutinho, Messi is a completely different story. I would be surprised if United touch the ball.

Of course this is football and we all love it because things like Pogba scoring from a freekick and Matic from a corner while Messi and Suarez missing 2 dozen chances can always happen but if this game is played 10 times, it will definitely NOT pan out in 4 or even 3 United victories (the above mentioned 40 % or 30 % chance for United). United's record in general against Spanish sides (sides that can play with the ball) is atrocious. If we go out against them now after Madrid won it 3 times in a row, we should just give up competing in the CL alltogether as it would be proof enough that this ain't our competition.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:34 am

futbol wrote:No disrespect but they got dicked in midfield by washed up Alves, Di Maria + Bernat and Marquinhos without Nerman even being there. PSG have 0 true midfielders, only fullbacks and wingers who are comfortable on the ball and United couldn't deal with that already. Laughing Busquets, Arthur, Rakitic, Coutinho, Messi is a completely different story. I would be surprised if United touch the ball.

Of course this is football and we all love it because things like Pogba scoring from a freekick and Matic from a corner while Messi and Suarez missing 2 dozen chances can always happen but if this game is played 10 times, it will definitely NOT pan out in 4 or even 3 United victories (the above mentioned 40 % or 30 % chance for United). United's record in general against Spanish sides (sides that can play with the ball) is atrocious. If we go out against them now after Madrid won it 3 times in a row, we should just give up competing in the CL alltogether as it would be proof enough that this ain't our competition.

Yea and we had a midfield that had 2 decent at maximum academy players and a flop summer signing. Barca is a tier above us right now and we may well get beaten convincingly, but to say that, you don’t have to shit on our win.

And p.s was it deliberate omitting Verratti's name so that you could fit your narrative of PSG having 0 midfielders, Wink as far as I remember he started both games.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:37 pm

futbol wrote:No disrespect but they got dicked in midfield by washed up Alves, Di Maria + Bernat and Marquinhos without Nerman even being there. PSG have 0 true midfielders, only fullbacks and wingers who are comfortable on the ball and United couldn't deal with that already. Laughing Busquets, Arthur, Rakitic, Coutinho, Messi is a completely different story. I would be surprised if United touch the ball.

Mate, United lost to Montella’s Sevilla

You’ll be fine.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Right, I forgot they lost to Montella. Oh boy, not sure if Man Utd is the Prince that was promised in this one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:09 am

Nobody in their right mind promised anything regarding this Man United. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:13 am

I promise goals and an entertaining, close game. Good for neutrals.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:42 pm

Firenze wrote:I promise goals

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Rbd6KlOrynFutULBYZbt_bC4TX0jdEkPxlp9tq49xS9G9rgtNxdqLKeUImWUN-NiRDxiVf7g6iLTf1HGMq2HEZtlz7mIBAEbQZR4OYo=w450-h266-nc

Firenze wrote: close game.

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Tenor

Firenze wrote:Good for neutrals.

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Rbd6KlOrynFutULBYZbt_bC4TX0jdEkPxlp9tq49xS9G9rgtNxdqLKeUImWUN-NiRDxiVf7g6iLTf1HGMq2HEZtlz7mIBAEbQZR4OYo=w450-h266-nc

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:40 am

lot of crow about to be eaten tonight UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 BjH2AFP
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:48 am

Firenze wrote:lot of crow about to be eaten tonight UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 BjH2AFP

Yeah by you

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Giphy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:50 am

Firenze wrote:lot of crow about to be eaten tonight UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 BjH2AFP

Would be pretty disgusting to root for you tomorrow but GL rivalry aside, I do hope you pull off an upset

But I feel it's very unlikely since you are by far the weakest team left in the competition. So this should be pretty straightforward for Barca I think. Even more so than Lyon.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:25 pm

No Herrera tonight is big though Sad

need Mcnumpty and Fred to step up

Matic is out too I think, so two of our 3 midfielders
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Excuses piling in early

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 Giphy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Going for  a 1-3 win for Barca tonight

Messi brace and Smalling/whichever Numpty starts for them at CB, own goal
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:44 pm

1-3 sounds like a good prediction.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Wait is over folks. World's best Vs Manchester's second best.

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 4 GOrhSJKnnZpiJI7sg6ULLkai2Mkrra4fyPZM2w2w7U_lCz1jFWGyJpHOK_lyBRg1Ih5HDepEn2-mUNeRhHMz-ebZxFlZXxBSlHb3XJd1io98UQ=w400-h225-nc

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next