Zamuro
Ganso
Interista809
shinigami99
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Paraguay makes Copa Final, in spite of not winning any game yet - Page 2 Empty Re: Paraguay makes Copa Final, in spite of not winning any game yet

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:51 am

Sushi Master wrote:Uruguay (who you have to admit have been playing sexy football).

.....what?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Paraguay makes Copa Final, in spite of not winning any game yet - Page 2 Empty Re: Paraguay makes Copa Final, in spite of not winning any game yet

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:54 am

It's very tight, yet they attack a lot and have a shitload of chances at least. Suarez does magic, etc.

Compare that to Paraguay's constant harrasment of the referee, the techinical staff being overall assholes, them being drained by the 80th minute and resorting to violence and cheap tactics to resort to penalty kicks... It's much better football.

Put your bitterness aside and you'll find they've played some of the best football in La Copa.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:55 am

Sushi Master wrote:It's very tight, yet they attack a lot and have a shitload of chances at least. Suarez does magic, etc.

Compare that to Paraguay's constant harrasment of the referee, the techinical staff being overall assholes, them being drained by the 80th minute and resorting to violence and cheap tactics to resort to penalty kicks... It's much better football.

Put your bitterness aside and you'll find they've played some of the best football in La Copa.
That's not saying much Razz

I may be bitter but they haven't been playing good at all really, they've scraped by each game, it took peru to get to 10 men and a goal keeper blunder to get past them.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:03 am

Peru have been playing some good football, though.

The big sides haven't been horrible, just completely bad at finishing.

At end of the day, The Copa can be summerized as tactics being superior to talent.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 am

Adit wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Adit wrote:sums it up about this copa,like i said in the beginning of copa,this was never been a serious competetion.You could find 2 or 3 U-23 teams within the only 16 team ,not to say Brazil were experimenting their squad and they showed no intentions to bring the copa to brazil ,from the start.

where is the quality of football some one promised?
That's an awful excuse, honestly.
first of all im not a brzil fan.why on earth brazil played with ganso,neymar and pato as attackers? It was almost a U-23 team.Any one can see brazil were trying to build for WC,and they took this copa as serious as mexico took this tournament,slighly more may be.

Concacaf (blocking the Gold Cup squad) and Wenger (not allowing Vela) is what faulted Mexico's effort. If not they would of sent the same squad from the Gold Cup which would of made thing's more interesting. No need to bash them for it
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:12 am

what about costa rica U-23. why should they even send teams if they can only send U-23 squads again?

These U-23 squads and low quality football made copa a joke of a tournament.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:13 am

The CONCACAF teams sucked and prefered to send their senior teams to the Gold Cup. Costa Rica did nicely, even then. Too bad Japan wasn't around, that would have been something.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:17 am

Suarez will score another brace. Uruguay will win it 2-1. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 am

@Adit; It is funny how you continue to jump my argument and resort to some flaming tactics to prove you are write.

I can't see how only two U-23 squads would make the whole tournament a joke. And am yet to get any solid facts proving the "low quality of football".
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:29 am

Lord Spencer wrote:@Adit; It is funny how you continue to jump my argument and resort to some flaming tactics to prove you are write.

I can't see how only two U-23 squads would make the whole tournament a joke. And am yet to get any solid facts proving the "low quality of football".
peace bro,if you find im arguing.
seriously,this has been way worser than world cup games.You said international matches are becoming more conservatinve and defensive.Its true,but football played in copa wasnt conservative football nor defensive football it was random football from poor coaching and poor teams filled with U-23 players.

World cup was miles better than this copa.In the world cup i have seen japan playing the best defensive game of their entire history,Germany playing one of the best counter attacking systems i have ever seen,spain playing conservative possession football,brazil fielding their best defensive side ever,portugal with a world class if not one of the best defense i have seen in last 10 years,Holland with typical german football of 90s.look they were all wonderfully organized teams.Just because they played conservatively and boring doesnt mean the quality was bad.

Then again which team gave us a impression in copa america? Uruguay was miles better in the world cup.Argentina and brazil are nothing but complete crap.Brazil playing random football and argentina with a not-suited style.Comparing World cup teams and these unprepared teams are really not fair.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:33 am

I think mexico and costarica shouldnt have participated in copa if they cant send a decent squad.Them sending U-23 was a slap in the face of copa.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:40 am

Adit wrote:portugal with a world class if not one of the best defense i have seen in last 10 years,
Are you insane? Or have you not watched many defensive sides recently

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:44 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Adit wrote:portugal with a world class if not one of the best defense i have seen in last 10 years,
what part didnt you understand ? How many legit goals portugal conceded in the entire tournament? 0?

I cant remember may teams reaching portugals goal area.1 goal they conceded was against champions spain and that was an offside goal.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:47 am

Adit wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
what part didnt you understand ? How many legit goals portugal conceded in the entire tournament? 0?

I cant remember may teams reaching portugals goal area.1 goal they conceded was against champions spain and that was an offside goal.

They didn't face any attacking sides really, Brazil was pretty defensive and Spain won most of their matches by a slim margin. If they played a team like Germany and held them off, I'd be impressed, but to call them one of the best defenses in the last 10 years is ridiculous

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Adit wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

They didn't face any attacking sides really, Brazil was pretty defensive and Spain won most of their matches by a slim margin. If they played a team like Germany and held them off, I'd be impressed, but to call them one of the best defenses in the last 10 years is ridiculous
you like nit picking right? so they aint ipressive because they only faced spain and brazil not germany.what ever floats your boat bro.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:07 am

Of course this was not better than the WC. But so was the 2007 Copa.

My point. Football is slowly turning into a grinding contest. The 2006 WC was miles better than the 2010 WC. And the 2007 Copa was miles better than this Copa.

I can only predict that at this rate, the coming Euro will be worse than the last, and so is the coming WC. Sure I like tactical football, but this is not tactical football. Inter's 2010 campaign was tactical football. and so was Italy's 2006 triumph. This is defensive crowding, play acting, ref swarming mayhem. The laws of the game need to change quick, or football will lose its magic.

You argued before that the Copa in general is a shit tournament. This Copa might support your argument, but make no mistake. The last copa was fantastic football. This copa is just the continuation of the general trend affecting football in general.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:16 am

They haven't won a single game? They qualified with 3 ties??
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 am

So it may have been a disappointing CA, but seriously, for continental tournaments, it's still
Euro>CA>????
Im a Colombia fan, but congrats to both Uruguay and Paraguay for demonstrating that Brazil V. Argentina is a given, and best of luck to both. The copa america, say what you will, is way more interesting than the promised USA V. Mexico gold cup, the Afcon which is won by a mediocre Egypt, or the Asian cup. So to all those bashing the CA, it's STILL the 2nd best continental NT tournament.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 am

free_cat wrote:They haven't won a single game? They qualified with 3 ties??
Yeah.

You can't complain on it being a 2 horse race, pretty much anyone in the Cup could have gone to the final if they worked their socks off. Totally unpredictable which brings excitement, IMO.

The underdogs doing well every now and then is a breath of fresh air.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 am

Sushi Master wrote:
free_cat wrote:They haven't won a single game? They qualified with 3 ties??
Yeah.

You can't complain on it being a 2 horse race, pretty much anyone in the Cup could have gone to the final if they worked their socks off. Totally unpredictable which brings excitement, IMO.

The underdogs doing well every now and then is a breath of fresh air.
Thank you!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:31 am

I wonder what Xavi thinks of Paraguay.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Disgrace, f+++ing disgrace... (Drogba voice)
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:16 pm

I don't know what you guys complaining about, but the copa america has been amazing imo. I truely enjoy watching these small countries beat the more prominent footballing countires and while making a name for themselves.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:26 pm

quit crying,the top NT havent dropped their quality,the smaller teams got better.They also had amazing luck,like Paraguay and Peru
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Paraguay makes Copa Final, in spite of not winning any game yet

Not the best promotion for Copa America that.
I don't see how that's a detriment for the Copa America? like I said before, Atletico had a very similar Europa League victory run and no one was commenting "**** competition" like some people are here.

Another argument seems to be that all the 'top teams' have been disqualified therefore the is no quality.Right, the only quality left is that of the of those teams that supposedly beat the 'better' ones. Some people would call the fact that underdogs regularly beat favorites the definition of a competitive league.

I'm tired of defending the oldest international competition and one of the most prestigious ones, if you don't like it then don't watch it, it's really your loss. (not directed at art, rather at the general populace)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:13 pm

I dont believe small teams improved drastically to match brazil and Argentina,more like big teams dig their own hole in this copa."Top" teams suffered from poor coaching not by small teams playing "great".
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next