Luca
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
RealGunner
15 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:37 am

He should be happy, he can tell his grandchildren he was the centre piece around the great Danny Green trade.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:53 am

Luca wrote:
Freeza wrote:Remember when a lot of people said both teams won that trade?

Spurs made a win-now trade without getting a single good young asset, and now they're involuntarily tanking basically Laughing

Really? I remember it being pretty objectively clear that Toronto got the better deal, only thing being it’s more than likely a one year signing. The sentimentality behind moving DeMar is what made people in Toronto salty at first.

I still can’t help but feel bad for DeMar, he was so well liked here.

People at the start of the season def said they’d both won the trade.

I thought it was shit from the beginning. Never liked DeMar as a player.

It’s just they could’ve gotten a lot of different stuff in other trades. Instead they got an old useless player an Toronto’s worst prospect who they don’t even play.

Pop don’t want to rebuild though. So he took this trade.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:03 am

How anyone can like Patrick Beverley is beyond me.

Hate that dude
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:05 am

Crazy game between Mavericks and Clippers
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 pm

So, the Bulls have missed half of the rotation guys and just as they're starting to come back, Hoiberg gets fired. If the FO had got a decent replacement lined up maybe this would make some sense, but it's the assistant coach who's given a deal until summer 2020. Absolute shambles.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Bulls are a complete joke. Not that Hoiberg was a decent coach mind you, he's not.

But at least give him a chance with all his guys healthy. They're tanking too ffs
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:31 pm

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status/1069623186977955841

Dead at this rofl Solo is shite but that definitely made me laugh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:14 am

Jokic best center in the league :bow: . What a performance tonight against the best team in the league.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:50 am

Anyone who thinks Jokic is better than Embiid doesn't understand Basketball tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:35 am

Not even sure that Jokic is better than Capela tbh, who has taken another step up this season offensively.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 am

Jokic is def better. Mainly because offense. No way Capela can be an offensive focal point the same way.

Capela is a perfect fit because he's got two generational playmakers feeding to his strengths.

___

That said, Embiid is just so far above everyone else as a two-way center.

He's the best defensive center in the league, and I'm not sure it's particularly close anymore. Combined with him being a beast offensively, the discussion should start and end with him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:32 am

^^what Freeza said
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Jokic makes his teammates better with his passing, that has to count for something. A couple of sublime assists last night that he made look easy. Embiid is much better 1v1, though, and so good at what he does that I think I have to consider him the better player. Kinda prefer watching Jokic, though.

Btw, quite the collapse by Houston last night, it seems. Scored only 29 pts in the second half.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Mike Malone might actually be the star of that team. He has had them play some incredible basketball ever since he took over.

They've got a great well-rounded roster without clear superstars. Everyone are perfect for their roles. Harris, Barton, Murray, Millsap, Hernangomez. Even Plumlee is great for them. Offers them a polar opposite to Jokic.

His firing in Sacramento is still the worst coach firing I've seen in forever.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 pm

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1069767249089708032
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Gobert is a better defensive center. Just not this year.

Obviously I'm not saying Gobert is a better player, Embiid is the best center right now. Jokic just isn't at his level on defense. Offensively similar value in different ways, but Jokic needs to be more assertive.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:57 pm

CBarca wrote:Gobert is a better defensive center. Just not this year.

Obviously I'm not saying Gobert is a better player, Embiid is the best center right now. Jokic just isn't at his level on defense. Offensively similar value in different ways, but Jokic needs to be more assertive.

I don't think Gobert is better anymore. Embiid was at that same level last year and has improved this year after his minute restriction has been completely removed.

The top 5 last season in defensive rating (more than 50 games played with +25 minutes per game):
1. Joel Embiid 96.8
2. Rudy Gobert 97.4
3. Marcus Smart 99.0

Roberson and Andre Ingram were both better, but played 39 and 2 games respectively.

It's pretty clear those two were best in that stat.

In defensive field goal percentage Jokic was second worst, allowing 54.1%. Only one worse was Zach Randolph.

The top 3 Centers in this category were:
1. Anthony Davis = 39.8%
2. Joel Embiid & Al Horford = 40.9%

Gobert was at 45.4%.

Defensive win share Gobert is at 3.9 WS and Embiid is at 3.8 WS

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:22 pm

It is a bit satisfying to see Rockets still lose games with a full team now. Bbutt iT’s aLl MeLo’s fAULt. Melo could actually help us at this point Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Talking of centers, I was watching my first Memphis game of the season the other night and the rookie Jackson Jr was impressive. He's barely 19 but played with a lot of maturity and knew what to do in the paint. Basically looked like he'd been in the league for a few years already.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Embiid has always been better than Gobert defensively, Gobert is great at defending the rim but is lacking elsewhere.

He got massive hype because of his numbers against a relatively soft schedule but Embiid is much better in pretty much every aspect and at the rim is the only area the two are comparable.

Honestly health is the only thing stopping Embiid from being the best two way center since Olajuwon.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Z7DEujS7A

You guys buying this?
Think it was a case of them just clutching at straws trying to give an answer to the public that doesn't suggest psychological breakdown.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:54 pm

@Warrior and everyone else.
Hassan Whiteside is on the trade block
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:22 am

El Gunner wrote:

You guys buying this?
Think it was a case of them just clutching at straws trying to give an answer to the public that doesn't suggest psychological breakdown.

Obviously not buying it, it's just another step on his way to early retirement.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:11 am

He's like the reverse Greg Oden, but in the mental frailty instead of physical ailment form

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:31 am

The fun thing to say is that it's a mental breakdown and they shopped for doctors for a diagnosis.

But he also received a diagnosis that is plausible from a medical professional.

The human body is incredibly weird, and diagnosing is much more difficult than people would imagine for many conditions.

Personally, I think that it's mental. With that being said, I think it's very possible that it's a medical condition. I don't think there is anything to buy, I think it's an unfortunate situation that Fultz is going through and I hope the best for him, whether it's physical or mental. Feel bad for the kid. With that being said, couldn't have happened to a nicer franchise.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:21 am

PG went off tonight, Thunder are now 16-3 over their last 19.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next