Warrior
Luca
lucianomoggi
rincon
S
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Juventus' Champions League Campaign 2018/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Juventus' Champions League Campaign 2018/19

Post by juve_gigi Wed May 01, 2019 7:19 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Still find it rather unbelievable that you would sacrifice your young superstar Dybala to accommodate a 35 year old.

And all you fans go along with it as it wasn't absolute madness and counter to everything that made your club strong over the last decade.

This is an admittedly exaggeration, but honestly it seems like you're choosing the AC Milan path in terms of squad building.

Dybala neither starts for Juve or for Argentina. He needs to be the central piece in attack in order for him to succeed, so if Messi or Ronaldo are around he can't play to his characteristics and suffers as a result.

Ronaldo has won 5 Champions League trophies and a European Championship, Dybala has won nothing. So I'm okay to sacrifice Dybala to get two young studs like Chiesa and Felix who will compliment Ronaldo and help him win his 6th Champions League with Juventus.

juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Juventus' Champions League Campaign 2018/19 - Page 3 Empty Re: Juventus' Champions League Campaign 2018/19

Post by Luca Wed May 01, 2019 10:54 pm

Dybala leaving would be much more a consequence of Allegri than it would be Ronaldo.

Last season the situation with Dybala and Allegri was rocky, the worst of which being him being healthy but benched versus Inter (equivalent of Messi being dropped from el classico) and his red card in the CL against Real.

This season has been worse, I don’t think it’s a consequence of Ronaldo but rather a string of poor performances and players like Bernardeschi simply being more effective for how Allegri has chosen to play. Not saying I agree with it, but saying that Dybala is a sacrifice of Ronaldo simply isn’t correct, the writing was on the wall before Ronaldo arrived. Sadly the situation didn’t exactly improve this season.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed May 01, 2019 11:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Still find it rather unbelievable that you would sacrifice your young superstar Dybala to accommodate a 35 year old.

And all you fans go along with it as it wasn't absolute madness and counter to everything that made your club strong over the last decade.

This is an admittedly exaggeration, but honestly it seems like you're choosing the AC Milan path in terms of squad building.

Just want to precise, since 3 years i've only been satisfied by Pjanic and Bernardeschi. Rest have been changes that annoy me both on and off the field. We are losing the Juve identity, slowly but surely becoming a brand that thinks money first, i can feel it.

Let's not forget something very important, before buying Ronaldo we were in the middle of a squad rebuilding process. For marketing reasons it was decided to go all-in for Ronaldo and throw that project in the bin. Imagine rebuilding your house and you buy luxury decorations instead of repairing the cracks in the foundation.

Ronaldo himself is not the problem (MOTS imo) but the complacency from his presence is a major problem.

Basically i agree with you, we are taking a dangerous path. Too much success in the league has blinded the management and also some fans like myself. A complete re-evaluation of the players is needed, not necessary transfers but NEW ROLES FFS. 2 times in a row our season ends in CL QFs, hopefully it rings a bell, it's time to wake up.

About Dybala... whatever really... as if everyone involved is wasting their time if he stays. But i think a new coach would give him a boost. Or a new tactical approach could maximize his strengths (same for Pjanic)...
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed May 01, 2019 11:24 pm

In: Ramsey, Ndombelé/Sergej, Manolas/De Ligt

Out: Douglas, Khedira, Barzagli

Just that would be fine

After that please use a strategy that makes more sense, so our players can play up to their real potential. This is Allegri's responsibility, not sure if he can do it, he seems deeply entangled in his ideas.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 05, 2019 12:55 pm

It's not so dramatic. I generally want Dybala to stay, he is a fantastic player with obvious talent that has given us unreal performances. His attitude problems get totally overblown. He came as a kid and has been a professional and played everywhere Max has asked him to. Every season a new role and he always goes hard. Maybe too hard even, he could have more calm and clarity. Maybe he doesn't like all the work he has to do, maybe he does, regardless he sure has not let this issue get to the field.

That said, his ideal position might be against what Max wants. We already discussed this here last season. It's not about Ronaldo coming, it's about the tactical necessities. To get the best out of Dybala you need a striking partnership. The 4-3-3 is not made for him. Then Ronaldo, who is obviously better, came and should (has to) play.

This season when we play without Dybala our team suffers from lack of creativity through the center. So even a Dybala that "doesn't fit" is crucial, but that is only because of the incompetent midfield we have. So if Dybala is sacrificed to make a more functional team then so be it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Juve could absolutely kill for a James type player. IF he goes to Juve, he is gonna be absolutely fantastic.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 05, 2019 1:54 pm

I think so too
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 05, 2019 2:00 pm

I think Dybala's problem is a role problem. You already have good dribblers in Cancelo, Douglas Costa, even CR7 to an extent. Scoring wise, Ronaldo is gonna do that for you. Mandzukic is a better partner for CR.

Dybala doesn't offer enough from a creative standpoint. He's a poor mans Messi without the final pass and athleticism. Still a good player but Juve should move on.

James's best qualities is his end product overall and his forward passing to create chances.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone Fri May 10, 2019 3:48 pm

We need a true DM and better passes in MF. I think our front 3 are fine. I would much rather invest in 2 CMs than invest any more in the front line (keane is blossoming as well).

James would really be a great addition. Can't belive I hadnt thought of him (not truly a cm but...)
80s_Stallone
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Maybe someone should create the thread for new season

Thoughts ? Me i think it looks good, since we need muscle in midfield it's ok to field Emre Can. Bernardeschi would start as deluxe sub but i can see him outperform Ramsey on the long run, especially as TQ
Juventus' Champions League Campaign 2018/19 - Page 3 228ad010
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Too many attackers on the bench and prob not enough midfielders to play full time 4

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:24 pm

Emre Can out of the CL list. I am not his biggest fan but that's honestly shocking.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Expected for me. He doesn't fit fast passing football at all. When he has been tried it has looked hopeless.

He was always a donkey, if for Allegri he wasn't good enough to play outside of a specific very defensive role, then for Sarri it's out of the question.

Rabiot/Matuidi - Pjanic/Bentancur - Khedira/Ramsey

is enough
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:13 am

I believe Sarri wants to create a more attacking minded team and that is the problem why Emre Can is left out ,

Sarri wants two playmakers on the center something we have seen with Real Madrid using Kros + Modric

we may be using Pjanic + one of Rabiot or Ramsey

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Pjanic - Ramsey is recipe for disaster, we would get run over.

Oh and Hi, how have you been Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:38 pm

Warrior wrote:Emre Can out of the CL list. I am not his biggest fan but that's honestly shocking.
Hahahhaa
Ok let me laugh a bit more
Hahaha
He should have stayed at Liverpool but not sure then if we would have signed Fabinho

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:29 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Pjanic - Ramsey is recipe for disaster, we would get run over.

im good, i hope you doing good too

about the quote above I believe that when you have a pair of strikers who can go for headers (Ronaldo+Higuain) you dont really need Khedira instead you can add a profile who adds more playmaking qualities like Kros+Modric pair supported by Casemiro

Ronaldo -------- Higuain -------- Cuadrado
--------------Matuidi ----Ramsey/Rabiot ------
---------------------- Pjanic ----------------------------
Sandro --- De Ligt --- Bonuci --- Danilo

i thought Sarri is attacking minded coach? well this is how you attack

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:12 pm

Oi!!

Great to see you back!!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:59 pm

Of the 3 current starters i think only Pjanic is a real starter, Ramsey and Rabiot will be integrated quickly enough imo.

It's a liability in defense because there is no DM, but we should be able to have more dangerous possessions with players who can retain the ball better and pass the ball better. On paper it's our best midfield in last 3 seasons, not that it's a high target....
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:23 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Oi!!

Great to see you back!!

Good to be back Hans Smile, ty

Today was proved that this team is far from what Sarri wants. He even said it on the press conference. We'll get there but please let it be sooner rather than later
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 am

Warrior wrote:Of the 3 current starters i think only Pjanic is a real starter, Ramsey and Rabiot will be integrated quickly enough imo.

It's a liability in defense because there is no DM, but we should be able to have more dangerous possessions with players who can retain the ball better and pass the ball better. On paper it's our best midfield in last 3 seasons, not that it's a high target....

We have a pure DM and his name is Can. The problem is if he plays and we want Rabiot, Ramsey and Pjanic we have to play 4-4-2 diamond but there is no space for Costa like that... With these player 4-2-3-1 is the way to go.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:28 am

Khedira should play only if Dybala plays so he can go for headers

i dont think we need khedira on the team when we have Ronaldo-Higuain playing forwards

instead of khedira we have to play one of Rabiot or Ramsey

if this doesnt happen , Fck Sarri

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:33 pm

Khedira + Dybala works well

just dont play Khedira when you have Ronaldo+ Higuain

im happy the coach played Ramsey and Rabiot they need more playing time

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:43 pm

its funny to hear debates questioning if Juventus have become better as if Juventus was not good enough before

we had players like Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba, what more than that can you do? we were superior to all the other clubs except Barcelona we should simply continue to keep it strong as we already was and i believe Juventus are managing to do it

Dybala, Bernardeschi, Higuain, Ronaldo, Pjanic so many great players we tried to transfer

i think Juventus have made a really good effort to keep it strong and im happy to be Juventus fan

gone are the days of Amauri

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by C Ronaldo Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:37 pm

Dybala sure knows how to kick the ball

C Ronaldo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3