RealGunner
Kaladin
McLewis
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Champions League Campaign 2015-16 Empty Champions League Campaign 2015-16

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Not gonna say much now as I still can't believe what I just saw, but this thread was needed.

Oh and Florenzi scored probably a top 10 goal in club history. That is all for now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Champions League Campaign 2015-16 Empty Re: Champions League Campaign 2015-16

Post by Kaladin Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Rudiger, another coup from Saba, Romagnoli hardly missed if him and Manolas keep this up
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:47 pm

Considering Romagfraudli had 5 odd appearance for Roma, that wasn't difficult :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:07 am

RealGunner wrote:Considering Romagfraudli had 5 odd appearance for Roma, that wasn't difficult :coffee:

RealGunner wrote:------------------------------------Ter Stegen------------------------------------------------

-------Zimmermann-------Papadopoulos-----------Juan-------------------Alaba------

-----------------------Wilshere-------------------Thiago-------------------------------------

Gotze---------------------------------Isco---------------------------------Hazard---------

------------------------------------Neymar-----------------------------------------------------

RealGunner wrote:-------------------------Ter Stegen----

---Zimmermann-------Papadopoulos-----------Juan-------Alaba-----

RealGunner wrote:

-Zimmermann----Papadopoulos-------Juan
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:23 am

ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:37 am

Hell with Castan appearing to have problems again with injury, we're going to need Rudiger more than we thought. I still would like a ball-playing CB back there that can bring the ball out of the back, but beggars can't be choosers when we've done what we just did yesterday.

True to form, we're gonna look like shit against Sassuolo. That's my prediction.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:19 am

Considering Chelsea were interested in Rudiger and he is rated highly by Low (Not always a good thing) I am not surprised he is doing well.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:28 am

The real Roma showed up today. Took a couple of weeks, but it happened as it usually does.

It's like Rudi wants to get sacked or something. He's doing nothing to save himself from the criticism he's getting.

Criminally awful performance. Sabatini has just as much blame for leaving this time without a serviceable striker. Totti is 39 and Dzeko is not a machine. There needed to be a 3rd option or a Plan B, but of course these guys don't believe in backup plans apparently.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Damn McLewis! What's going on with our team? Ever since that drubbing by Bayern Rudi has gone completely AWOL. This is turning into Luis Enrique 2.0. Rudi has lost all his confidence and control of the team.
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:09 am

Rudi has no plan B, brah. That's the biggest problem with him and it will lead inevitably to his departure, no matter what he does.

That and Sabatini simply didn't see it necessary to actually give us depth in every area. We offloaded too many strikers honestly. That's the biggest issue I have with him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:38 am

Rudi squandering a chance to really get the vultures off his back tonight. A win in Germany would've been epic and to play the way we played would've done him a world of good....and then he decided to cack it up by making stupid subs. Falque was good, but the others were pure doo doo.

Good managers know how to get their team calm so they can close out games. That's all we needed to do today. I think this is down to inexperience of a lot of player who have no experience managing and seeing out a game of this magnitude as well. Simply too much inexperience and naivety from both coach and players today. Rudi's right at least: Everyone's to blame.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 am

Rudi decides to set up a high line vs Barca at the Nou? Don't get it tbh, seems like he took a page from Leverkusen's book lol. Last year, the Bayern game destroyed Roma mentally, they were never the same the rest of the season. Will the same happen? Who knows, but Rudi's job is to not let that repeat itself, if things turn out for the worse (and it seems like its gonna, with Saba and Rudi exchanging heated words) then Romanistas may have to bid Rudi farewell.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:26 pm

It would be harsh to sack Rudi after a game like this. I can see if this was Sassuolo away from home or something like that, but we had no chance in taking points off that side.

That said, he was absolutely daft to play a high line against the best attack in the world in their own backyard. That was absolutely suicidal and I really do feel for our defenders that had to suffer through that as well as Szczesny, who could do nothing on many of those goals.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Rudi will go if we dont get out of the group or we dont win the Scudetto.

Dzeko could have scored more though..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:37 pm

I think what Roma missed more was speed of Salah and Gervinho on counters.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Agree. There was also no steel in the midfield, which Nainggolan usually brings along with De Rossi. Our only hope was to be able to defend compactly and then hit Barca on the counter, but instead we played as open as was humanely possible and they decimated us on 1-on-1 take-ons, among other methods.

The loss was bad, but it's the aftermath that matters now. These lads need to keep their heads against Atalanta and especially against BATE. If we can do that, then I'll consider us mentally stronger than we were last year when this happened.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:03 pm

As far as I'm concerned: Mission Accomplished.

All that's left is to get more popcorn. The knockouts will be entertaining to say the least.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:12 am

I wish we had crashed out. Enough of Garcia..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:05 am

McLewis wrote:As far as I'm concerned: Mission Accomplished.

All that's left is to get more popcorn. The knockouts will be entertaining to say the least.

For the life of me I never understood this logic. Don't get me wrong I completely respect your opinion, but I just can't understand it no matter how I spin it.

To me, the mission is only accomplished when I win the trophy, anything else is just a failure. Now, I understand why clubs think that way, it's because of the money they get. But as a fan? I really don't see a difference between crashing out from the CL final or the group stages. It's absolutely the same to me.

Real Madrid has been in the semi-final of the CL for 5 straight years, winning the CL only once. To me that translates to "One CL and 4 failed attempts".  

History remembers winners, not the runner-ups.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:11 am

FML my dad's on GL affraid

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:15 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
McLewis wrote:As far as I'm concerned: Mission Accomplished.

For the life of me I never understood this logic. Don't get me wrong I completely respect your opinion, but I just can't understand it no matter how I spin it.

To me, the mission is only accomplished when I win the trophy, anything else is just a failure. Now, I understand why clubs think that way, it's because of the money they get. But as a fan? I really don't see a difference between crashing out from the CL final or the group stages. It's absolutely the same to me.

Real Madrid has been in the semi-final of the CL for 5 straight years, winning the CL only once. To me that translates to "One CL and 4 failed attempts".  

History remembers winners, not the runner-ups.

We Romanisti are a special breed of fan, as you saw at the final whistle on Wednesday.

It's honestly rather simple. While I'm pleased that we progressed, as this guarantees the club vital funds to use in January to patch up our squad, I'm extremely disappointed with how we progressed, as are many fans. This disappointment goes so deep that we are basically just treating this like a business transaction at this point. We are disillusioned by the football this team is playing right now. That's really the long and short of it. My reaction of indifference isn't unique.

So yes, I feel like we achieved exactly what we set out to do, albeit in ugly fashion. We are ambitious, but to say that our objective is to win this competition would be absolutely farcical. We are not (as Barca painfully reminded us) anywhere near that level so we must be realistic. Getting out of the group stage is indeed both a realistic business and sporting objective for this club so quite frankly, I think my reaction was and is appropriate.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:40 am

It's a bit like Marseille in France... i've supported them since 1982.  We were like PSG is now in the early 90s with Bernard Tapis.  But after that, it's been money thrown out the window year after year and we keep changing the manager.  We're run into the ground DESPITE have a large and avid fanbase to go along with a storied history.

So as a fan, you expect bad results so you don't keep breaking things in the house.  It can become expensive Laughing  When things go well, you're pleasantly surprised as opposed to being disappointed with things going badly.  It's just a way to remain a fan without losing your health or cleaning out your wallet replacing household items.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:33 pm

Yup, it's a special job to be a fan of clubs like Marseille and Roma. I saw a tweet during the game yesterday from someone who doesn't follow Roma closely that basically asked how fans of this club haven't keeled over from heart attacks over and over already. It's all apart of the experience for me. The Romacoaster, that is.

So like I said in the general section, we can't have many complaints. We had plenty of chances and the game was very much in our hands. Madrid are simply more clinical up front. Not even about class, just composure and confidence. They have both and we don't.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:32 am

Not happy about the 2nd leg result. The poor finishing was simply inexcusable. I am content with the effort put in everywhere else, but if we took those chances, we become a very different team. We are not ready for this level of play...not yet.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:19 pm

@Mclewis:
Why is this section dead? scratch
salmano9
salmano9