guest7
10 posters

Go down

[Serious] Unpopular opinions thread Empty [Serious] Unpopular opinions thread

Post by guest7 Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 am

I thought it would be fun if you guys share your unpopular opinions

Here is mine:

Isco is overrated.
You guys shit on Bale and Benzema so much but totally ignore a AM that can't even make a through pass consistently enough. We basically play with Benzema (No proper CF) because he can atleast make a through ball. If Isco wasn't Spanish he wouldn't even be rated. The guy was good half a season and then disappeared in the most of 2nd half of the season. Invisible in the CL final etc.

Bale is actually good. I can't believe this isn't a popular opinion but besides from his first touch he is class in EVERYTHING. Dribbling, speed, shooting etc! This is only a unpopular opinion in GL where Freeza consistently lies to himself and shits on him like he isn't worth a squat. Firenze didn't want him at Man U when he would improve their team more than anyone and make them league contenders. If he stays fit, we basically got ourself a CR-lite. CR lite is better than CR currently is tbh. CR has declined alot. It's not impossible that Bale can stay fit, but it is unlikely. Thiago is like number 1 on the wishlist and he is just as injury prone, but he is class - just like Bale!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

[Serious] Unpopular opinions thread Empty Re: [Serious] Unpopular opinions thread

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Agree 100%

I'd also add that Tbu is not an upgrade on Navas at all

Last edited by Valkyrja on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Serious] Unpopular opinions thread Empty Re: [Serious] Unpopular opinions thread

Post by Mamad Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm

I don't think Isco is overrated. he is quality.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Lol, is this a thread for kids!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:53 pm

This is Isco's year.  Everyone has made excuses for him and blaming the last 2.5 managers and their styles for him not meeting expectations.  There are no excuses anymore.  Either he comes up with the goods or this is what he is.

I personally think that he is a great talent that just hasn't evolved.  The biggest issue is the time he spends on the ball...  he doesn't release it quick enough.  He takes that extra touch or dribble that closes the play.  If he can fix that, he's a star.  Otherwise, his effectiveness against top sides is playing roulette... he may feel really great that day and it won't matter OR he'll gets stopped.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:This is Isco's year.  Everyone has made excuses for him and blaming the last 2.5 managers and their styles for him not meeting expectations.  There are no excuses anymore.  Either he comes up with the goods or this is what he is.

I personally think that he is a great talent that just hasn't evolved.  The biggest issue is the time he spends on the ball...  he doesn't release it quick enough.  He takes that extra touch or dribble that closes the play.  If he can fix that, he's a star.  Otherwise, his effectiveness against top sides is playing roulette... he may feel really great that day and it won't matter OR he'll gets stopped.

I agree. I've said it before but he doesn't release the ball quick enough and it slows down our play tremendously. He is quality in the sense that he can pass the ball very well passively but he can't really drive the ball forward like we need
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Federico Valverde will win the Balon D Or in a couple of years, before Mbappe.

Jesus Vallejo looks an awful lot like a serial killer. Like Richard Ramirez to be exact.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:07 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Federico Valverde will win the Balon D Or in a couple of years, before Mbappe.

Jesus Vallejo looks an awful lot like a serial killer. Like Richard Ramirez to be exact.

Finally some real spice.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Isco being overrated is not an unpopular opinion in the Madrid fan base, it's more common than you think.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Federico Valverde will win the Balon D Or in a couple of years, before Mbappe.

Can RG please tag this thread as serious? Jokes that only children get amused by are not funny. And those who aren't with it - why? We could keep the unpopular opinions in one thread instead of spread out where they annoy most of you because you guys seem to have such a short fuse here...

Yeah Doc you are right. I've seen it commented on multiple times on reddit and facebook. But it's still unpopular here - just like the Bale one. Unpopular around commentators too who enjoy Isco too much lol (looking at you Ray Hudson!!!!)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Agree 100%

I'd also add that Tbu is not an upgrade on Navas at all

I'd wait abit to see if that holds up or not. I don't rate Navas so much, he made too many blunders and he is the goalie with the least cleansheets (I think). Also under Zidane we were vulnurable to freekicks and corners so Courtois is actually a benefit to have.

My friends speak highly of him and so does Nick. Chelsea fans not so much, he was inconsistent with them apparently. When I watch him I see nothing special though
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:19 pm

My own "unpopular" opinion:
Ronaldo being sold did nothing to increase or decrease our chances of winning La Liga.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Agree again.

Another unpopular opinion: Vallejo will be Madrid's captain post Varane/Carvajal.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Doc wrote:My own "unpopular" opinion:
Ronaldo being sold did nothing to increase or decrease our chances of winning La Liga.

Honestly I’m of the opinion it improved our chances. A balanced team is better fit for the league. Ronaldo’s playstyle fits playing equal or sometimes better opponents, which is ideal for cups.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Casemiro will not fit JLows plans and would request a transfer after two years from now.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Freeza wrote:
Doc wrote:My own "unpopular" opinion:

Honestly I’m of the opinion it improved our chances. A balanced team is better fit for the league. Ronaldo’s playstyle fits playing equal or sometimes better opponents, which is ideal for cups.

I could actually agree to that as well but I still think it doesn't matter since Barcelona still has Messi who really knows how to punish the "lesser" teams. And a couple of the big ones as well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Adit wrote:Casemiro will not fit JLows plans and would request a transfer after two years from now.

Good thing he’s not German then
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Completely agree Freeza... counting on bale and benzema really bothers me though and for very different reasons. I'm still holding hope that flo surprises us lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Lopetegui used Casemiro just fine at Porto I think he can make it work

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:24 pm

I don't think Casemiro is going to work. He has been losing the ball 2 times so far already vs Atletico by just getting pressed. 20 mins in
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down