Unique
S
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Emre Can #23 - Page 2 Empty Re: Emre Can #23

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Warrior wrote:
rincon wrote:That means nothing. Can didn't even play a game for Bayern in CL and is also out for these later games for Liverpool's CL

It's about performances.

For everything we have said against him, he can only surprise us in a positive way.

Worst case scenario he'll be as bad as previously expected.

Still better than spending 30M on Cristante IMO :coffee:

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Kinda disappointed he doesn't want to stay at Pool given we're in a good moment as a club, but on the other hand he's only smart to let his contract run out and test his value as a free agent, more players should do that, can get a nice fat signing fee when there's no transfer fee to be paid. I remember when Andre Ayew joined Swansea on a free, it was a bit surprising since back then he looked like he could play for a slightly bigger club, but there were rumours of a signing on fee in excess of £10m.

Anyway, should do all right for you.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 pm

rincon wrote:None of what you wrote answers anything I wrote about. I assume that was meant for someone else.

The grass is always greener.

You said 'i doubt Marotta would go for Can over Cristante if not for the financials'

My response is we've been courting since the past two years. we're not signing him just because he's FREE. we're signing him because we believe he'll be a good player for us IMO.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 3:46 pm

And the grass is always greener concept surely doesnt apply here.

I pick Can because he's more established not because he's of a different nationality or something if that's what you're trying to get at.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 pm

What does more established get you? I see little point in getting a more established player if the level of the established isn't particularly high enough. Can is established, he is known, he played for big teams, he has failed to make the next step.

Milinkovic-Savic is less established. Bernardeschi is less established. Caldara is less established. Zielinski is less established.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 20, 2018 4:06 pm

S wrote:
rincon wrote:None of what you wrote answers anything I wrote about. I assume that was meant for someone else.

The grass is always greener.

You said 'i doubt Marotta would go for Can over Cristante if not for the financials'

My response is we've been courting since the past two years. we're not signing him just because he's FREE. we're signing him because we believe he'll be a good player for us IMO.

That we have been courting for two years is the response for "are we interested in Can?" Not the response for if we would get Can over another player.

Every player we sign, we sign because we think he will be good for the club.

I think Can will be good too. I just don't see the point in making illusions about a well known player that are not there.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 4:20 pm

rincon wrote:What does more established get you? I see little point in getting a more established player if the level of the established isn't particularly high enough. Can is established, he is known, he played for big teams, he has failed to make the next step.

Milinkovic-Savic is less established. Bernardeschi is less established. Caldara is less established. Zielinski is less established.

However , i wouldnt lump Cristante in the same bracket as them. We should ideally be going after players who have A) International experience or B) Players that are truly talented and have the ability to make the step up like SMS and Zielisnki. Ofcourse i could be proven wrong but i dont see Cristante as a top midfield talent. I've seen this over and over again with Italian midfield players who come off good seasons for smaller teams but fail to make the step up to big teams. Cigarini, Candreva and Poli are the first names that come to my mind.

Is the situation any different with Can ?
He was loaned out to Bayer which prompted Pool to buy him in the first place. He hasnt been a key player for Pool for different reasons. However i'm not saying he'll truly be elite for us but merely in the context of choosing a a guy like Cristante who plays for Atalanta where the talent gap imo is marginal, i'd simply go with Can because he's had the experience of playing at a higher level.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Talent and fit for the team should dictate a signing more than anything else

It's clear we believe in Can's talent and his profile is attractive one, young, experienced, German international and free. It's a Marotta wet dream

His wages/signing on fee is irrelevant for two reasons:
1) We avoid a transfer fee
2) If he doesn't work out, he won't see out his contract and given that he was signed on a free, it won't be exactly hard to profit on this move- as if some team won't easily pay even 10-12M for him in a year or two if he has a miserable time at Juventus

Our track record dictates that this will be a decent move. For all of Khedira's critics, he came to us in worse circumstances: free, injured for two straight seasons, older and despite all this, he did give us a few good seasons.

My main criticism is how much does this improve us? Well, he's better than Sturaro, can't be worse than Matuidi/Khedira. This is the state of our midfield

It's a B transfer for me, if it sets the tone for another midfield signing than I'm all for it because we clearly saved funds on this one

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun May 20, 2018 5:01 pm

There is nothing that suggests Can will be a failure here.

He got the right charasteristics to fit in this team and is a potential starter imo.

Technically and physically superior to current Khedira and Sturaro.Technically better than Matuidi.
So the only midfielder head and shoulders better than him is Pjanic while Can is on paper the most allaround complete midfielder.

He has enough experience on NT and high level of football.
He comes on a free deal.So there will be no pressure on him to perform right from the start.
The slower playing style we and generally Serie A have will suit him better than PL.

Again I see nothing that would make him be a flop here.And there is a lot of positive aspects of his game and charasteristics that suggest he will be a good signing.
In my opinion he will be a regular starter next season given that he will enjoy a full pre-season with us and therefore adapt easier.

Do we need more reinforcements in midfield? Surely yes. Only Can would not make our weakend midfield stelar right away.Idealy we should bring another player of his level or even better.
It could be SMS or Niguez but they will cost lots of money.
Even players such as Torreira,Jorginho,Allan etc will surely be improvements over Khedira and Sturaro.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Luca wrote:

My main criticism is how much does this improve us? Well, he's better than Sturaro, can't be worse than Matuidi/Khedira. This is the state of our midfield

It's a B transfer for me, if it sets the tone for another midfield signing than I'm all for it because we clearly saved funds on this one

That's the thing. It's a B. Our midfield is improved by a B, yes. Is it what we need right now? Not for me. We need potential for more. We are signing Can to be an important player, a player who isn't too exciting and doesn't look like one that can explode.

If we are not gonna sign a top midfielder then I want one that gives more hope for surprises. Like Bentancur. Otherwise we'll sign Can and go again with a midfield that is worse than Roma' s and Napoli's while simultaneously having less midfield prospects than they do
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Btw as ive said a lot on this thread. I expect him to do well. But he should be one of our guys, not the guy. As for midfield projects, i like them to be more encouraging.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm

rincon wrote:
Luca wrote:

That's the thing. It's a B. Our midfield is improved by a B, yes. Is it what we need right now? Not for me. We need potential for more. We are signing Can to be an important player, a player who isn't too exciting and doesn't look like one that can explode.

If we are not gonna sign a top midfielder then I want one that gives more hope for surprises. Like Bentancur. Otherwise we'll sign Can and go again with a midfield that is worse than Roma' s and Napoli's while simultaneously having less midfield prospects than they do

I couldn't agree more with all parts of this post brother

My only hope is a key figure in the midfield is still a priority after Can

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Everyone in this thread is basically's saying the same thing

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2018 7:04 pm

S wrote:Everyone in this thread is basically's saying the same thing

Which is actually a once in a lifetime occurrence that were all in agreement on a topic

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 7:12 pm

True Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Emre Can the hero to unite us ffs Molenation

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 20, 2018 7:56 pm

We haven't been all united since the great Hernanes. It's like the second coming Proud
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 20, 2018 8:00 pm

rincon wrote:Cristante is Roma/Lazio level atm. Is Can not? Can plays for Liverpool. He doesn't even shine much for Liverpool either. None of Liverpool's midfielders are better than the top midfielders in Roma or Lazio.

Can has experience "at the top level". That doesn't mean that he plays like a top player. He has a lot of chances to take a step up, but he hasn't.

Not even Germans or Liverpool fans will praise Can much. That tells us all we need to know.

Remember 23 year old Khedira. World's apart.

I think all Liverpool fans will 100% agree with this, But at the end of the day all 3 parties have nothing to lose here. (Liverpool a bit because we already struggle with midfielders)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm

We miss Hernanes. Would prefer him over Dybala as an attacking mid.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon May 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Certainly not everyone used to agree about HERNANES Laughing @lucianomoggi, proud founder of the Hernanes Worship Society, is still out there runnin in the wild. Rated him higher than Marchisio.

EMRE CAN, however, even his own family would admit it's not sufficient and we need a 2nd CM, preferably Sergej Milinkovic-Savic #21
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon May 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Cannot wait for EMRECANANES to be honest

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon May 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Hernanes Worship Society lol

He was worshiped like god here not too long ago.
Hopefully Can would be good enough to be a worthy successor of Nanes so we can continue the tradition Very Happy
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 23, 2018 1:39 pm

According to Tuttosport, Emre Can will arrive in Turin for medicals next week. A few weeks back the Juve doctors already visited him and verified his medical condition. The player was convinced by the Juve project despite heavy interest from likes of Bayern & Manchester City.

Sami Khedira also played a role in helping Juventus sign Emre Can. Sami spoke to his fellow German teammate about the Juventus environment and life in Turin.

Emre Can is set to earn between €6m-€7m, depending on the bonuses.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 23, 2018 2:09 pm

FFS Khedira

Luca
J Council Master