Nishankly
CBarca
M99
Harmonica
Perucho21
47 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 09, 2018 10:29 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Real are 18 points behind Barcelona. Hard to believe they are even close to best ever.

That's because they're not. We are not blind, after all.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Doc Wed May 09, 2018 10:29 pm

Both were legit penalties and one was a legit miss.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 09, 2018 10:30 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Real are 18 points behind Barcelona. Hard to believe they are even close to best ever.
you realize this argument of being one of the best team ever has nothing to do with our performance this season in la liga right? you have to look at the past 5 years. , we have 3 CLs, 1 la liga, 2 Cls in a row, 4 finals and we are waiting to see if we threepeat the CL.

i understand it hurts, but we win games which matter, like when it mattered Roma toasted you, this is why you are NOT in this conversation as a team.

Real Madrid achievements in CL these past 5 years are historical, legendary. like i said in the other thread, if you deny this you are a clown
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Hans hating cuz we have been embarrassing Bayern 5 years running :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed May 09, 2018 10:42 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
you realize this argument of being one of the best team ever has nothing to do with our performance this season in la liga right? you have to look at the past 5 years. , we have 3 CLs, 1 la liga, 2 Cls in a row, 4 finals and we are waiting to see if we threepeat the CL.

i understand it hurts, but we win games which matter, like when it mattered Roma toasted you, this is why you are NOT in this conversation as a team.

Real Madrid achievements in CL these past 5 years are historical, legendary. like i said in the other thread, if you deny this you are a clown

Your last la liga was fluky as ever, as you can get. Ramos 90 mins goal saved you. Best team ever doesn't play like that, they dominate home and away, they dominate domestically and Europe. Your last UCL involved lots of luck and favorable call, so is this term as well. 2016 UCL you played like champion and was fair and square. I never feeled this Madrid team best ever neither i feared them when we play you. That's says it all.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 09, 2018 10:48 pm

Yup, spoken like a proper Barca fan. Love it. In any case, you fearing Madrid is quite irrelevant since they have won regardless of your feeling. That's how these things work. And 2016 was considered our jammiest of the 3 since our road was Roma, Wolfsburg and a Man City who really could not give a shit.

2014 and 2017 were the more impressive triumphs, particularly last year.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed May 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Doc wrote:Yup, spoken like a proper Barca fan. Love it. In any case, you fearing Madrid is quite irrelevant since they have won regardless of your feeling. That's how these things work. And 2016 was considered our jammiest of the 3 since our road was Roma, Wolfsburg and a Man City who really could not give a shit.

2014 and 2017 were the more impressive triumphs, particularly last year.

Even though 2016 was very easy draw there was no controversy unlike last and this year. If you fell this Madrid team is best ever so be it. I highly doubt any other neutral who watch you week and week out feel the same way.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 09, 2018 10:55 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Your last la liga was fluky as ever, as you can get. Ramos 90 mins goal saved you. Best team ever doesn't play like that, they dominate home and away, they dominate domestically and Europe. Your last UCL involved lots of luck and favorable call, so is this term as well. 2016 UCL you played like champion and was fair and square. I never feeled this Madrid team best ever neither i feared them when we play you. That's says it all.
i dont know if we are the best team ever, but i damn well know we are the best european team in the since the champions league era started, our run has never been done before.

when we win, we are lucky, when we lose it's because we are not good enough. but you guys have one of the top 3 best ever player and you lose to roma in CL quarter finals but it's no big deal lol.

Madrid have achieved something no team in europe has for almost 30 years. keep hating.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Wed May 09, 2018 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 09, 2018 11:02 pm

Believing that Madrid isn't the best team ever is understandable, acting as if they don't even belong in the conversation is just silly imo.

I mean people still fap to Ancelotti's Milan and that team won 1 league title in a decade and at their peak, they managed to blow two three-goal leads to lesser teams ( Deportivo in 2004, Liverpool in 2005 ) hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 09, 2018 11:04 pm

the point is we have beaten all important fan bases on this forum for the past 5 years in europe, and while we did not play barca in europe, they are jealous we are doing things we could not even fathom even at their peak with xavi. bunch of farmers
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed May 09, 2018 11:09 pm

What there to say for Barca fan We dominated you most of the time last decade, even at our lowest point except this year super copa.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 09, 2018 11:10 pm

what are you even talking about :facepalm:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 09, 2018 11:24 pm

farfan wrote:Believing that Madrid isn't the best team ever is understandable, acting as if they don't even belong in the conversation is just silly imo.

I mean people still fap to Ancelotti's Milan and that team won 1 league title in a decade and at their peak, they managed to blow two three-goal leads to lesser teams ( Deportivo in 2004, Liverpool in 2005 ) hmm

Nobody talks about Ancelotti's Milan as in the conversation of the best ever, though, so you haven't really helped your point.

I agree that if Madrid win a third CL in a row they should absolutely be in the discussion. However, the discussion would be a pretty simple one for people who actually watched football during this time. Hans comment is spot on, really. For people who aren't blind, we know that Madrid really doesn't belong. However, 3 in a row, you can't argue against that unfortunately. It at least puts them in the conversation
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 09, 2018 11:25 pm

Just bantering about, it would have been more meaningful stuff if Madrid/Zidane didn't lose the league in October/November. Sorry. We really made this league season a complete and utter bore fest.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 pm

I mean, Madrid do belong in the discussion after winning 2 in a row but sure, let's make it 3 in a row to confirm their nomination papers. Seems about right.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Doc dont you understand that no one caresabout 2 Cls in a row because WE did it?

reminds me how people were calling Man City the best team in the world n december, things got tough in CL, out. PSG was supposed to destroy everyone, things got tough in CL, out. Barca was back Messi was on a path to another CL, went to play Roma, got their ass kicked. Bayern with Jupp was the most formidable machine in europe, things got tough in CL, out.

multiply this by 3 for the past couple of years and it's all the same. hype hype hype hype, that's what these fans live with nowadays.

@Cbarca, im sorry but two in a row and 3 in 4 years is an oustanding achievement already. how is this not enough to be in the conversation.

should we go through teams in the past 30 years who failed to achieve that tally? in 30 years no team has done what we did. the name of the game is about winning lol

this forum rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Doc wrote:I mean, Madrid do belong in the discussion after winning 2 in a row but sure, let's make it 3 in a row to confirm their nomination papers. Seems about right.

I agree two in a row puts them in the discussion.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Doc dont you understand that no one caresabout 2 Cls in a row because WE did it?

reminds me how people were calling Man City the best team in the world n december, things got tough in CL, out. PSG was supposed to destroy everyone, things got tough in CL, out. Barca was back Messi was on a path to another CL, went to play Roma, got their ass kicked. Bayern with Jupp was the most formidable machine in europe, things got tough in CL, out.

multiply this by 3 for the past couple of years and it's all the same. hype hype hype hype, that's what these fans live with nowadays.

@Cbarca, im sorry but two in a row and 3 in 4 years is an oustanding achievement already. how is this not enough to be in the conversation.

should we go through teams in the past 30 years who failed to achieve that tally? in 30 years no team has done what we did. the name of the game is about winning lol  

this forum rofl

I suggest you get used to it. Winning is the most important thing now but history remembers those who won convincingly and played well, not those who won through a combination of luck and awful refereeing. There's a reason Cruijf's Holland is remembered so fondly to this day while West Germany (the team that actually won) is forgotten.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 am

a guy whose username name is Cruyff is telling me to fondly remember a Cruyiff's team, even though they flopped in finals.

There is a place for teams like that, it's in the cute memory section.

it's amazing how we stumbled our way to win 3 Cls while putting the beatdown on all of your favourite teams. i can guarantee you no one will remember all those losers we embarrassed in CL recently, none of them.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 10, 2018 12:38 am

Because that's all Madrid won by, luck and refereeing decisions. Surprised you didn't end it with refdrid after that line.

I agree, to some extent, that us fans would more remember teams that entertained us the most. Actually, yes, I would agree fully with that. But who actually would remember City's run in this year's CL campaign? Or Barcelona's? Liverpool would be remembered since they made it to the final but unless they win it, Madrid would dominate the headlines with 3 CL titles in a row.

The WC has a different mindset as it just spans a month, the CL is all about the winner. If you asked me, Dynamo Kiev played way better football that Bayern or Utd but Utd won it and everyone remembers that. Depor, Super Depor mind you should have really made it to the CL final Porto eventually won, played some great stuff too along the way. No one remembers that.

Just saying, CL is different.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 10, 2018 12:43 am

Cruijf wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Doc dont you understand that no one caresabout 2 Cls in a row because WE did it?

this forum rofl

I suggest you get used to it. Winning is the most important thing now but history remembers those who won convincingly and played well, not those who won through a combination of luck and awful refereeing. There's a reason Cruijf's Holland is remembered so fondly to this day while West Germany (the team that actually won) is forgotten.

I'd say the exact opposite is true Laughing

History remembers tangible accomplishments, stats, and records. Opponents crying foul and complaining about refereeing and style of play will fizzle out over time and will be of little relevance to future generations. You really think that a couple offside goals and one or two lucky escapes will define this team 30 years from now?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 10, 2018 1:01 am

like anyone will remember this bayern team getting pummelled in CL by spaniards in 30 years
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 10, 2018 2:05 am

losing to Sevilla just strengthens my Madrid ties ahead of the CL final

I mean Montella isn't there but I know that feel
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu May 10, 2018 3:29 am

Doc wrote:Because that's all Madrid won by, luck and refereeing decisions. Surprised you didn't end it with refdrid after that line.

I agree, to some extent, that us fans would more remember teams that entertained us the most. Actually, yes, I would agree fully with that. But who actually would remember City's run in this year's CL campaign? Or Barcelona's? Liverpool would be remembered since they made it to the final but unless they win it, Madrid would dominate the headlines with 3 CL titles in a row.

The WC has a different mindset as it just spans a month, the CL is all about the winner. If you asked me, Dynamo Kiev played way better football that Bayern or Utd but Utd won it and everyone remembers that. Depor, Super Depor mind you should have really made it to the CL final Porto eventually won, played some great stuff too along the way. No one remembers that.

Just saying, CL is different.

I don't actually think the CL is different. Does anyone talk about Inter '10 anymore? Don't think I've heard them mentioned in years.

Yes you will be remembered and talked about for being the first to retain the CL, and even more so when you become the first to win 3 in a row. What I'm saying though is that there will always be a bias against you simply because of the way you played. We have very short memories and when we look back and try to rank the top-tier teams we go off the emotions. And honestly the only emotion this Real team gives me is annoyance.

To be clear though I do agree with you when you say teams like Bayern, Shakhtar, etc. won't be remembered. It's not that every team that plays well is remembered. It's that among the top tier the team's that are looked back upon most fondly and hailed as the greatest of all time are the ones that played with style.

Nick keeps taking great pleasure in reminding us that Real has a better trophy haul than Sacchi's Milan but that really just illustrates my point. Sacchi's Milan won enough to be remembered but that wasn't what elevated them to the status they have, it was the way they played. Their trophy haul was nothing special as he rightly points out. This Real has won more than enough to be remembered, but they simply aren't entertaining enough to neutrals to be elevated in the same way.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 10, 2018 3:52 am

I dont think we would be remembering Sacchi's Milan if they had not been a ruthless machine that dominated european football, i really dont. So this is were i disagree with you.

Winning a european cup, in this era, with the frequency we have had recently, takes considerable mental resources, fight, ability to overcome adversity and to come together as a group. We played all kinds of styles over the past few years and we mainly dominated everyone. That's our legacy, that of a complete team with an all around style that overcame everything that came its way.

Since when has overcoming adversity become a negative quality? Barca played all their entertaining tiki taka vs Roma, yet they were rekt. City? same thing. Pep's Bayern? we mauled them.

And really, all this debate was sparked because of the game vs Bayern, which is what i find ridiculous, and now i read barca fans posting theories how all we have done beating teams in the past 5 years dont matter, about beautiful football and all the nonsense pep and cruyff pumped in their brains.

You might as well come out and say that pep football is the only thing that matters and is worth remembering, save us some time.

This team has entertained me a lot winning la decima, la undecima, and la duodecima. you are not entertained? i am
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 10, 2018 5:03 am

Firenze wrote:losing to Sevilla just strengthens my Madrid ties ahead of the CL final

I mean Montella isn't there but I know that feel

You actually going for Madrid in the final?

I was just beginning to feel like our Loserpool hate had been the beginning of a new GL duo. We've been through a lot this past season. This is unforgivable though

YNWA, Salah is my dad :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next