breva
urbaNRoots
Kaladin
Collblanc
Hapless_Hans
38 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

British players are the biggest divers - Page 6 Empty Re: British players are the biggest divers

Post by Robespierre Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:15 am

Bump.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

British players are the biggest divers - Page 6 Empty Re: British players are the biggest divers

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:28 am

Kane, Sterling and Grealish are laughable.

I usually dont care about diving, I think you are a bit naive to feel contact and not go down, because the refs simply arent giving you calls unless you end up on the ground.

But what Kane and Sterling were doing was beyond that. Kane was going down at every opportunity Laughing

And the penalty. Ridiculous.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:55 am

Have to say, Hans was ahead of the times. If this thread didn't exist already, I might have made it.

Though special shoutout to the Portuguese, who deserve their silver medal in this category.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:56 am

PS: Special props and respect also to players who dive in a tournament where in the very beginning a player fucking died for a couple of minutes. Going down for nothing now takes a special kind of character, really. Wow.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:32 am

Deserve a free pass to the Olympics too...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:37 pm

Lucifer wrote:Am sorry but the way I see it Sterling was just handed over advantage for his team by some stupid officials and he decided to grab it, nothing wrong in it imo. Why would he do otherwise it's not his job to maintain fairplay on pitch.

Just as relevant today, as it was then.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:03 am

Fact number 1. The whole team is made of divers.
Fact number 2. Kane should still have had a penalty in the second half.
Fact nothing else matters. England deserved to win and England are in the final. This tournament deserved a final between Italy and England.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:05 am

British players are not the biggest divers its just a small concentration of high-profile ones that highlight such a blanket statement it applies to basically all nationalities if so.

But, English players diving a lot more this generation despite being from a footballing culture that looks highly upon harden, never say die attitude and frown upon diving more than anyone else, is amusing.

That being said Sterling dived for the penalty and the spineless ref did nothing about it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:45 am

Arquitecto wrote:British players are not the biggest divers its just a small concentration of high-profile ones that highlight such a blanket statement it applies to basically all nationalities if so.

But, English players diving a lot more this generation despite being from a footballing culture that looks highly upon harden, never say die attitude and frown upon diving more than anyone else, is amusing.

That being said Sterling dived for the penalty and the spineless ref did nothing about it.

I actually read an article 2-3 years ago, where someone analyzed 4 or 5 of the European leagues specifically for diving attempts, and the conclusion was that the Premier League players attempted it more than players in any other league. I remember that it was pointed out that roughly 50% of the players in the league were British.

It was also suggested that leagues in countries like, Spain, Portugal and Italy were perceived as having worse divers, not due to the quantity of attempts, but the overblown simulations by them. That said, I'm not sure how someone confirms whether or not a situation is an attempt at diving. I don't recall that being specified in the article. I'd link to the article here, but I've already spent half an hour trying to locate it, with no luck.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:29 am

Players from many nations do dive. But yeah, England winning through that left a really bad taste. Kane going down after every touches, Sterling going down before contact. England did dominate the match, but you have to score to win. Spain also dominated Italy, but they couldn't and they lose.

That article seems interesting. I thought Spain, Portugal, and Italy would have more divers, but it's actually just the overblown simulation and the British players indeed dive more. And yeah, after all this time, there's no specified definition for diving. I guess exaggerated (or false) fall or action to a percieved contact.
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:26 am

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:Players from many nations do dive. But yeah, England winning through that left a really bad taste. Kane going down after every touches, Sterling going down before contact. England did dominate the match, but you have to score to win. Spain also dominated Italy, but they couldn't and they lose.

gl this week

British players are the biggest divers - Page 6 10191910
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:27 pm

Andy Gray: can Messi do it on a cold night in Stoke

Cold night in Stoke: a bunch of wimps diving and crying to the ref

Messi: it's the same as Barca except there's shit weather here
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:09 am

I watched the Copa America final, pal. This entire thread is fake news.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum