Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Harmonica Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFIAg7ByYVA

I'm actually considering buying it tbh Laughing I'll hate myself within an hour of playing it no doubt.

Co-op stuff would be interesting too but i doubt many here would buy it.
Holy shiteness, this is what todays gaming is about? Something for the button mashers I think. Laughing

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Division 2 announced, full reveal at E3, releasing later this year most likely.

First had potential, if they make a lot of changes the second could be huge. Not too hyped, but it's still one of the better co-op experiences this gen.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:10 pm

Just saw that GOW is only a month away. Day 1 (if I have the time) Molenation
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:32 pm

rincon wrote:Just saw that GOW is only a month away. Day 1 (if I have the time) Molenation

I'm definitely day 1, just a question if i buy something other than Yakuza 6( which is like a couple of days before but i'm buying both) before to entertain me before they come out.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:02 pm

General Games Discussion - Page 7 DXySn8DXkAAXENn
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Days Gone confirmed for 2019 release, was kinda hoping it would be towards the end of this year.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Firenze wrote:Days Gone confirmed for 2019 release, was kinda hoping it would be towards the end of this year.

They've been scared off by Red Dead IMO.

They know it probably won't be ready before September and it would be sent to die next to Rockstar's latest monster.

That said 2019 has potential to be GOAT for Sony.

February 2019 - Days Gone
May 2019 - Ghost of Tsushima
September 2019 - Death Stranding
November 2019 - The Last of Us 2

Make it happen Sony FFS :bow:

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm intrigued by Ni No Kuni as well.

Game industry is nuts btw, nothing for months and then at least 3 or 4 games coming out within the space of a few weeks.

Didn't know they are making a sequel. The first one was really nice, top notch adventure game.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:30 pm

I heard nothing but good things ( except some mixed opinions on the combat) it comes out in a couple of weeks i'm really considering it after not buying anything except Dragonball Fighterz for last 4 or 5 months
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:55 pm

If they've improved the combat and the story isn't so cringily childish, as it was on occasion in the first one, then Ni No Kuni 2 will likely be a great game. The first one had the potential to be GOAT, but I refuse to play through it if it still has elements that make me feel as if I'm playing some kind of Ghibli/Teletubbies fusion game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Thimmy wrote:If they've improved the combat and the story isn't so cringily childish, as it was on occasion in the first one, then Ni No Kuni 2 will likely be a great game. The first one had the potential to be GOAT, but I refuse to play through it if it still has elements that make me feel as if I'm playing some kind of Ghibli/Teletubbies fusion game.

Stick to COD if you want explosions and gore. I'll be enjoying this heartwarming tale of friendship and rainbows TBH.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:10 pm

What's with your redundant references to CoD and FIFA these days? Clearly, you didn't like it when I said that you only play FIFA and OW Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Forgive Thimmy, the hard knock life of Norway has made him into the man that he is.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Thimmy wrote:What's with your redundant references to CoD and FIFA these days? Clearly, you didn't like it when I said that you only play FIFA and OW Razz

gets annoying, doesn't it? smoking
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Of course. Every day I'm hustlin'. I have to fight off polar bears on my way to work. Ain't got time for Firenze's Teletubbies and rainbows.

General Games Discussion - Page 7 Gangsta-wallpaper-11
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 pm

Firenze wrote:
Thimmy wrote:What's with your redundant references to CoD and FIFA these days? Clearly, you didn't like it when I said that you only play FIFA and OW Razz

A bit, but I'm willing to put up with your annoying demands for repetition, because I love you despite your autism Heart
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:22 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Firenze wrote:

A bit, but I'm willing to put up with your annoying demands for repetition, because I love you despite your autism Heart

General Games Discussion - Page 7 AqqHQzK
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:24 am

I don't understand how Ni No Kuni is in any way childish.

It's about a young boy dealing with the Trauma of causing his moether's death by retreating into a fantasy realm and slowly learning to come to terms with the tragedies of life.

A classic Ghibli style story that subverts childish tropes and bringing up a story that is more mature than 90% of the tripe videogames routinely give as "mature" stories.

Hope NnK2 is similar in style.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I don't understand how Ni No Kuni is in any way childish.

It's about a young boy dealing with the Trauma of causing his moether's death by retreating into a fantasy realm and slowly learning to come to terms with the tragedies of life.

A classic Ghibli style story that subverts childish tropes and bringing up a story that is more mature than 90% of the tripe videogames routinely give as "mature" stories.

while I get what you’re saying to some extent, you’re basically making the same argument for Ni No Kuni 1 as I believe Rincon made for Final Fantasy X being dark and tragic and whatnot. Anyone who simply takes a look at screenshots of FF X or Ni No Kuni will immediately be able to tell that these games definitely aren’t all about the doom and gloom that their respective stories conclude with. And they shouldn’t be, in my opinion. The Ghibli inspired elements in Ni No Kuni 1 are undoubtedly the best parts about the game, but certain parts of the stort were too sugarcoated for my liking. I stand by my opinion that Tidus was a lame, emo asshole of a main character, and certain things about Ni No Kuni 1 gave me associations to something reminiscent of a Sailor Moon episode. To each their own..
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Thimmy wrote:

while I get what you’re saying to some extent, you’re basically making the same argument for Ni No Kuni 1 as I believe Rincon made for Final Fantasy X being dark and tragic and whatnot. Anyone who simply takes a look at screenshots of FF X or Ni No Kuni will immediately be able to tell that these games definitely aren’t all about the doom and gloom that their respective stories conclude with. And they shouldn’t be, in my opinion. The Ghibli inspired elements in Ni No Kuni 1 are undoubtedly the best parts about the game, but certain parts of the stort were too sugarcoated for my liking. I stand by my opinion that Tidus was a lame, emo asshole of a main character, and certain things about Ni No Kuni 1 gave me associations to something reminiscent of a Sailor Moon episode. To each their own..

In fairness i don't think art style = childish tbh. There's plenty of adult themed games which have very child like art styles which may put people off at first viewing but it doesn't mean they are childish.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

In fairness i don't think art style = childish tbh. There's plenty of adult themed games which have very child like art styles which may put people off at first viewing but it doesn't mean they are childish.

it’s not about the art style, i personally really like the art style and everything regarding the aesthetics in Ni No Kuni. It’s easily the most positive thing about the game, and it’s well complimented by a fitting soundtrack - together they create an atmosphere that is distinctive to Ghibli’s past work and you can’t go wrong with that. Like I said before, it’s the Ghibli-ish parts of the game that truly shine. What bothered me was how the characters behaved on occasion and how certain scenes were scripted. Ghibli movies don’t cater towards really young children quite to the same extent. I really made an attempt to stick it out and endure the parts about the game that made me blush with embarrasment, but it just wasn’t for me. I wrote a fairly long review of the game on here once. From what I recall, the art style, music and overall atmosphere were charming and positively unique, I even thought the story seemed genuinely promising at first, but I clearly remember that parts of the game were so cringy and awkward that I thought to myself that I hope no one’s watching me play this Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Fair enough, when I read the screens point I thought you meant more color = child lol.

I should have gave you more credit than that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

it’s not about the art style, i personally really like the art style and everything regarding the aesthetics in Ni No Kuni. It’s easily the most positive thing about the game, and it’s well complimented by a fitting soundtrack - together they create an atmosphere that is distinctive to Ghibli’s past work and you can’t go wrong with that. Like I said before, it’s the Ghibli-ish parts of the game that truly shine. What bothered me was how the characters behaved on occasion and how certain scenes were scripted. Ghibli movies don’t cater towards really young children quite to the same extent. I really made an attempt to stick it out and endure the parts about the game that made me blush with embarrasment, but it just wasn’t for me. I wrote a fairly long review of the game on here once. From what I recall, the art style, music and overall atmosphere were charming and positively unique, I even thought the story seemed genuinely promising at first, but I clearly remember that parts of the game were so cringy and awkward that I thought to myself that I hope no one’s watching me play this Razz

I thought the character and those around him behaved in a the same way 10 year old kids behave, and perceive others to behave. Kids that age can seem "cringy" to adults, but that's because some of them forgot how they behaved themselves at that age.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

I thought the character and those around him behaved in a the same way 10 year old kids behave, and perceive others to behave. Kids that age can seem "cringy" to adults, but that's because some of them forgot how they behaved themselves at that age.

Alright, let's bury this discussion. I have two teenage sisters. The youngest one is twelve, oldest fifteen, and they were both much younger back when the game was released. I also have friends who have young kids, and I think I have a pretty good idea of how children typically act. I stand by my opinion that a substantial amount of the character interactions in the first game were cringy enough that it bothered me. I had absolutely no issues with the first 1-2 hours of the game, I think they mostly managed to stay true to the typical fantasy storytelling that Ghibli is known for, and that's definitely something I'm on board for. The story, overall, was actually decently good, but the pacing and interactions between characters got progressively worse as I played the game, and that's something we'll just have to disagree on. I don't think they were very accurate reflections of real life children's behaviour either. I'm not so sure that was their intention. I'm not a huge fan of moral lectures in any media, but again, the game caters towards a younger audience. I don't see how that's up for debate.

If that's your opinion, though, then it must've been far easier for you to immerse yourself in the story, than it was for me. I've personally never met a 10 year old kid who calls another kid "dumb dumb" with a straight face, for instance. The character interactions seemed a bit stiff to me at times, but that wasn't really the core of my issue with the game, or something that bothered me too much. What bothered me was the substance of the interactions. It's a fantasy game, after all. I just wish they'd written better character interactions and done a better job of the pacing of the story. I personally think the combat got really stale after a while, not to mention the frustrating AI system. The optional features, like the casino were great additions to the game, and I hope they add similar things in the sequel. It's a gorgeous-looking, very solid RPG, overall. I imagine a lot of people would rate it highly, purely based on it's sound and visuals, but it definitely has it's fair share of shortcomings. I'm hoping the sequel will improve on the areas where the first one was lacking, because Ni No Kuni has a tonne of charm and potential for greatness.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:52 am

Picked up What Remains Of Edith Finch for like $10 on the Critics Choice Sale. If you guys don't mind "walking simulators", then I highly recommend picking this up. Its two hours long and the game is about a girl returning to her family home and learning about her cursed family. All of them have had untimely deaths and the gameplay is uncovering the details of their death. Each death has unique gameplay and all the stories are beautifully told. A particular one at the end destroyed me.

Might pick up Unfinished Swan one day because its by the same developers and connected to this game.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Speaking of Ni No Kuni/Level 5, apparently they're releasing a PS4 & Switch, anime-esque, football RPG this summer called Inazuma Eleven Ares Laughing

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next