El Gunner
M99
LeSwagg James
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
14 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Don't know why people area acting like Boston got killed, I agree with Luca that it's pretty fair. Kyrie is better offensively than IT (who will never have a season as good as last season again), neither are good defenders so Boston haven't lost on that end and tbh I would argue that with Kyrie being taller, that makes him a slight upgrade by default. As long as Stevens can get him to put in enough effort (doesn't have to be that high), it should be just fine, and I trust Brad to pull that off.

Dealing Crowder is what Boston had been expected to do for a while, and to be sure he will be missed (especially with the contract he's on), but him being gone will offer more minutes to the highly rated and up and coming Jayson Tatum. Ante Zizic I know nothing about but prospects are hit and miss so we'll see in the future how that one pans out for Boston, and I agree the pick is bad, which is why I think CLE edges it. However, Boston still have picks to use and at some point they were going to deal one of those picks, using it now is very reasonable.

To me it shakes down like this: Boston finally used one of the picks they were hoarding, a tradeable asset in Crowder they had been looking to deal (they have tons of wings anyway iirc), and a deal sweetener in Zizic to get back a borderline superstar with multiple years on his contract left with the ability to convince him to stay on what will be a very good team. Yes they gave up IT, but he was gone anyway, and they swapped him out for Kyrie.

Cleveland got back all of the pieces they need to kickstart a rebuild for a player who didn't want to be there anymore.

CLE edges it, but Boston were looking for a solution to the PG position in the future considering IT suffered an injury, is getting older, and was likely going to leave next year. To me it makes a lot of sense they gave up the goods to fix this position for at least two years going forward and potentially longer after that, and to "fix" that position by getting Kyrie? Damn bruh

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Basically it doesn't make them better and it arguably makes them worse.

Cleveland are winning that in 5, they have basically traded Thomas, Bradley and Crowder for Kyrie and Hayward and Marcus Morris

FTFY

Except Boston weren't going to pay Thomas or Bradley and Crowder is part of, as dmize said, a million wings who would cut into the playing time of their younger guys who are a part of Boston's future.

You can read it like that, but I read it as Boston being smart enough to trade away players they were going to lose to replace them with all star calibre players, and then getting Morris as well.

Boston went through a helluva change this offseason, but I think it was for the best. Personally, I think they've set themselves up very well for the upcoming years, and with CLE starting to implode (and likely die when LBJ likely leaves), Boston are looking set to be the powerhouse in the East for the coming years.

Other than the Bucks, that is :coffee:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Boston won the trade.. Cleveland was going to lose the trade to anyone because they were never going to get a Kyrie level player back

Kyrie is way better than IT and Crowder is just a role player.. The draft pick doesn't matter because there isn't a guarantee the player will even be good
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:58 am

CBarca wrote:Don't know why people area acting like Boston got killed, I agree with Luca that it's pretty fair. Kyrie is better offensively than IT (who will never have a season as good as last season again), neither are good defenders so Boston haven't lost on that end and tbh I would argue that with Kyrie being taller, that makes him a slight upgrade by default. As long as Stevens can get him to put in enough effort (doesn't have to be that high), it should be just fine, and I trust Brad to pull that off.

Dealing Crowder is what Boston had been expected to do for a while, and to be sure he will be missed (especially with the contract he's on), but him being gone will offer more minutes to the highly rated and up and coming Jayson Tatum. Ante Zizic I know nothing about but prospects are hit and miss so we'll see in the future how that one pans out for Boston, and I agree the pick is bad, which is why I think CLE edges it. However, Boston still have picks to use and at some point they were going to deal one of those picks, using it now is very reasonable.

To me it shakes down like this: Boston finally used one of the picks they were hoarding, a tradeable asset in Crowder they had been looking to deal (they have tons of wings anyway iirc), and a deal sweetener in Zizic to get back a borderline superstar with multiple years on his contract left with the ability to convince him to stay on what will be a very good team. Yes they gave up IT, but he was gone anyway, and they swapped him out for Kyrie.

Cleveland got back all of the pieces they need to kickstart a rebuild for a player who didn't want to be there anymore.

CLE edges it, but Boston were looking for a solution to the PG position in the future considering IT suffered an injury, is getting older, and was likely going to leave next year. To me it makes a lot of sense they gave up the goods to fix this position for at least two years going forward and potentially longer after that, and to "fix" that position by getting Kyrie? Damn bruh

nice post.

Yeah, IT is unlikely to score 29ppg again, he had the ball in his hands at all times in Boston. Obviously that won't be the case with LeBron. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts to that.

I've never really been a huge IT guy, even last year when he balled out. And I really, really didn't want us to pay him the 4yr/150m or whatever ridiculousness he's about to ask for after next year.

As far as Ante Zizic I liked him as a prospect from the overseas vids I saw, but then watching him in Summer League, he looks very slow. He still would've helped us with rebounding no doubt, but I don't see him as a big minute guy. Will get destroyed on switches/p&r.

The most fair deal in my opinion would've been IT/Crowder/Zizic and the 2018 Lakers pick. That's still a potential top 5 pick or if it doesn't convey 2019 Sac unprotected.

We won't know the verdict for sure until we see what that 2018 pick becomes. Marvin Bagley? Boston lost the trade, badly. 5-7 Wendall Carter type prospect? Major win.

I'm trying to talk myself into believing that teams in the East will be worse and the Nets got better. Bulls will suck badly, probably the Knicks, Magic and Pacers too.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:08 am

I'm not really high on Kyrie or IT at all. IT is not gonna last for years. I just think it's a weird trade where you make your direct rivals better to get a younger star. If you want to get younger stars, I just don't understand why you'd give up that exact pick. Maybe I'm underrating Brooklyn, but I can't see them not finishing with the worst record this year with the team they have. It's absolutely horrendous. They lost their best player, by far.

It seems like a medium move. They get younger, but throw away their biggest asset.

Celtics are basically betting on Brooklyn and D'angelo Rusell and thinking We'll be horrendous this year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:35 am

Freeza wrote:I'm not really high on Kyrie or IT at all. IT is not gonna last for years. I just think it's a weird trade where you make your direct rivals better to get a younger star. If you want to get younger stars, I just don't understand why you'd give up that exact pick. Maybe I'm underrating Brooklyn, but I can't see them not finishing with the worst record this year with the team they have. It's absolutely horrendous. They lost their best player, by far.

It seems like a medium move. They get younger, but throw away their biggest asset.

Celtics are basically betting on Brooklyn and D'angelo Rusell and thinking We'll be horrendous this year.

I agree giving up the Nets pick was just too much(especially after Marvin Bagley just reclassified, a guy that could be an AD level prospect smh).

But you're not high on Kyrie? Really? He's just entering his prime, is gonna be coached by a top 3 coach, and will be the guy which is what he wanted. Stevens will make him a competent defender. Two years left on his deal too, and this is the situation he wanted so I don't see why he wouldn't re-sign.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:54 am

dmize wrote:
Freeza wrote:I'm not really high on Kyrie or IT at all. IT is not gonna last for years. I just think it's a weird trade where you make your direct rivals better to get a younger star. If you want to get younger stars, I just don't understand why you'd give up that exact pick. Maybe I'm underrating Brooklyn, but I can't see them not finishing with the worst record this year with the team they have. It's absolutely horrendous. They lost their best player, by far.

I agree giving up the Nets pick was just too much(especially after Marvin Bagley just reclassified, a guy that could be an AD level prospect smh).

But you're not high on Kyrie? Really? He's just entering his prime, is gonna be coached by a top 3 coach, and will be the guy which is what he wanted. Stevens will make him a competent defender. Two years left on his deal too, and this is the situation he wanted so I don't see why he wouldn't re-sign.

I'll gladly eat my words. I just don't think his style is particular is going to help Celtics achieve their goals.

But it Stevens can get him to play defense and play it well, then I'll probably eat my words.

My judgment regarding Kyrie might be clouded because he's the biggest idiot in the league, together with Nick Young, but without the charm. Really hope Brad Stevens puts into some classes.

The pick is weird trading though, when Bagley reclassified. A top 3 pick this year is most likely worth more than the 1st overall they had this year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:00 am

Yeah, he's a flat-earther Laughing

One of Boston's papers is called the Globe, wonder if that'll bother him hmm Very Happy
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:03 am

dmize wrote:Yeah, he's a flat-earther Laughing

One of Boston's papers is called the Globe, wonder if that'll bother him hmm Very Happy

This off-season just needs to stop tbh. I can't take anymore.

I want the season to start so we can win back to back championships
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Pretty much agree with what CB said.

I mean, think about it this way. Boston has gone under huge change this off-season, yeah, but they've got talented players in Kyrie and Hayward to build their team around, they have good management and system by the looks of things, so it can only get better. While Cleveland might still beat them this season, when LeBron leaves, IT and co are going to become a team that fights for the last few playoff seeds in their conference.

Long run, Boston wins this deal for me.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:43 pm

That's implying you think Kyrie will improve enough for it to be relevant.

I don't deny that long term they MIGHT, but as far as this season goes i'd make the argument they are a worse team than they were last year.

Which i expect to show up in the conference finals, they gave them Isiah who can approximate a lot of what Kyrie does and more depth which they didn't have before.

Not to mention the pick which if Lebron bolts allows them to rebuild, Kyrie will have to become a top 10 player for Boston to win this trade in my eyes.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:i'd make the argument they are a worse team than they were last year.

I really don't see how:

Kyrie > IT
Hayward > Bradley
Jaylen < Crowder, but Jaylen will obv pass him this season.
Morris >> Amir
Horford = Horford

Bench: Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Ojeleye, Baynes, Yabusele. 3rd year for an improving T-Roze, Tatum should be better than Jaylen as a rookie. Losing Olynyk off the bench hurts, but that's really it. Ojeleye > Jerebko. Replaced Zeller with Aron Baynes.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:37 pm

Amir disrespect smh

They're worse off though. Cavs are strengtenhed more than I think Boston has improved.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:42 pm

As i said you basically traded Kyrie and Hayward for Bradley, Crowder and IT.

Morris is trash so not even worth discussing tbh, that's a worse team to me IMO.

Also i may end up looking stupid for this but what has Kyrie done without Lebron to suggest he's better already than IT?

I'm really not seeing it, sure he has great clutch moments once Lebron has carried him to the moment.

IT has carried a team by himself offensively over a much longer period of time and proven he can win as a no 1 option, Kyrie hasn't and Cleveland without Lebron were a sorry state.

Like i said he might end up proving he's another Harden( except he doesn't wilt in the playoffs), aka given the opportunity he can lead a team.

But as of now he hasn't even come close to showing that, which is why i personally think this year they are a worse team and it will be over in 5 again.

Like i said he might prove to be what Boston are betting on over time, but as far as this year goes i see a worse team. Also i think they will massively miss Bradley, all NBA defenders ( *bleep* what the voters say) don't grow on trees and he was improving offensively.

Not that it matters now as he's in the Detroit hell hole, but still i wouldn't be surprised if the defensive drop off is bigger than the offensive skill increase.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:47 pm

I watched Amir play the last 2 years. Marcus Morris is easily
better.

The Cavs have absolutely nothing to do with the response I gave to Mole regarding whether or not the Celtics got worse.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:50 pm

dmize wrote:I watched Amir play the last 2 years. Marcus Morris is easily
better.

The Cavs have absolutely nothing to do with the response I gave to Mole regarding whether or not the Celtics got worse.

My Amir comment was a joke.

I just tried to add my point into the conversation though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Morris is trash so not even worth discussing tbh

Oh, okay. Laughing

And how old was Kyrie when he was leading the Cavs? What type of players did he have around him? How about the coach? Yeah...
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:20 am

The whole IT thing is what makes me happy Lakers gave Kobe the 2/48 contract.

Imagine getting the guy to recruit for you and make your team better. Then he succeeds in recuiting better players and you trade him rofl

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:37 am

It's also why Celtics fans who still sh*t on Ray Allen need to stfu. There's no loyalty in this business.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:41 am

dmize wrote:It's also why Celtics fans who still sh*t on Ray Allen need to stfu. There's no loyalty in this business.

And why I absolutely hate when players are loyal and take paycut, especially in their prime. No need to be loyal like that when it doesn't go the other way.

Very few examples of loyalty in sports where it went both ways.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:17 pm

dmize wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Morris is trash so not even worth discussing tbh

Oh, okay. Laughing

And how old was Kyrie when he was leading the Cavs? What type of players did he have around him? How about the coach? Yeah...

I was talking about games and minutes he had while LeBron was there but not on the court. Cavs were terrible last year and the previous two years in those scenarios.

I'm not going to blame Kyrie for pre LeBron failures, team was utterly trash and he was a kid.

Fair enough on the coaching too, not been a fan of any of the coaches Cleveland have had since Kyrie was drafted.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:30 pm

I think Boston got better this year. Chemistry issues will be present, but Stevens will smooth it out.

Regardless LeBron was still gonna be there this upcoming year. Cavs are still spending a lot of money, and are a great team. It wasn't close last year and I don't think Boston are better than the cavs this upcoming year.

I think BOS loses conference finals anyway, but what's likely to happen is LeBron leaves (Kyrie is gone now) and Cavs blow up. They're preparing for post LeBron life. Boston will be the dominant force to come and that was the important thing about the trade. Boston secured that, and also started the demise of the Cavs (which would happen anyway)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:29 am

Sounds like IT is about to fail his medical and Cavs are going to get another pick or player possibly Laughing

This freaking off season
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:34 am

Freeza wrote:Sounds like IT is about to fail his medical and Cavs are going to get another pick or player possibly Laughing

This freaking off season

Called that. And the Cavs are not getting dick else.

They got the Nets 1st rounder, that's the compensation for IT's hip. Take it or leave it.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:37 am

my god if this trade falls through rofl Imagine IT playing in Boston

Please off-season, keep on.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:39 am

IT would get over it once he got healthy. It's a contract year for him, he has to ball.

gary washburn @GwashburnGlobe

Hearing the #Celtics weren't pleased with #Cavs coming back on trade and requesting compensation. May take hard line stance.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next