BarrileteCosmico
Winter is Coming
Blue Barrett
Mr Nick09
McAgger
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

At what point does Simeone take blame? Empty At what point does Simeone take blame?

Post by McAgger Wed May 03, 2017 12:03 am

Let's quit pretending that this Atletico is still some scrubby team with average players that he's over performing with. Sure when he started with them they were that and he did overachieve.
But now these guys that play there are some of the best footballers in the world and many clubs would pay tens of millions for them. For the last half decade now Atletico has had some very good players but what have they achieved since the La Liga win?

Getting bent over 4 straight seasons in CL to the same team, at what point do we criticize his tactics?

I'm sorry I'm off the bandwagon. What a disappointing fraud.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

At what point does Simeone take blame? Empty Re: At what point does Simeone take blame?

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 03, 2017 12:08 am

Criticism can always apply, despite the success he had.

yes he did maximize the potential of his team but he also reached the end of a cycle because the style his team was playing cant be sustained for long long periods.

Early Atletico under him was a awe inspiring pressing Machine that would defend collectively better than any team. Well repeating those defending efforts is tiring and overtime they are not as sharp nor precise as they once were.

This season he tried to make the style of the team evolved with more attacking flare but still i can't help but think that it's hard for them to improve summer after summer as a team when they can't spend as much as other to improve their team.

I can never call him a scrub, it's just the end of a cycle and we can point multiple reasons to it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

At what point does Simeone take blame? Empty Re: At what point does Simeone take blame?

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 03, 2017 12:38 am

I hope he goes to Inter.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 03, 2017 12:45 am

Nick is spot on.

I personally think he's overstayed his welcome to an extent.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 03, 2017 1:01 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Nick is spot on.

Do you remember what Atleti was like before him? The guy turned one of the leakiest teams in the top 5 leagues into one of the most solid.

And since when is finishing in the CL semis not a fantastic season for a team like Atleti? The very fact that he's being criticized for it shows the scale of his achievement.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 03, 2017 1:12 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Do you remember what Atleti was like before him? The guy turned one of the leakiest teams in the top 5 leagues into one of the most solid.

And since when is finishing in the CL semis not a fantastic season for a team like Atleti? The very fact that he's being criticized for it shows the scale of his achievement.

I don't mean to say that in a negative way. I just think he's done the best he could with Atleti unless he's willing to stick around and build again, but it doesn't seem likely he will.

It's similar with Klopp and Dortmund, all tho he was near regulation in his final season.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 03, 2017 1:14 am

Winter is Coming wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I don't mean to say that in a negative way. I just think he's done the best he could with Atleti unless he's willing to stick around and build again, but it doesn't seem likely he will.

It's similar with Klopp and Dortmund, all tho he was near regulation in his final season.

What was he about to regulate? hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 am

Gegenpress to be a league wide rule hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 am

Cracking idea imo hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 03, 2017 1:27 am

Other than Griezmann and Godin... pretty much a pub squad imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 03, 2017 1:43 am

let's not pretend atleti is on the same level as us, or any of these major sides. losing would be a huge disappointment for us, not for atleti. they've pushed far above their weight. i know some are just frustrated that we won this leg, and its not necessarily about what simeone did or didn't do. at the end of the day, players are the ones who play on the pitch, and their squad and budget are limited
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 03, 2017 1:43 am

Saul, Koke, Oblak, Yannick Carrasco, Felipe Luis are all very good.

All 5 walk into Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs(bar Oblak), City, United (bar Oblak), PSG etc.

Saul and Koke would probably start for Chelsea as well over Matic. Even Carrasco over Pedro.

And Gameiro, Gabi, Gaitan, and Correa are all very serviceable useful good players.

Their squad is no joke whatsoever. Don't let the underdog narrative blind you to the fact that Atleti actually have very very good players.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 03, 2017 1:46 am

Walking on to Liverpool isn't exactly an achievement...

Atleti's squad is on par with the Spurs or maybe slightly better. They really only have two players you would consider world class as I mentioned: Griezmann and Godin. All the other elite squads are full of WC level players.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 03, 2017 2:50 am

No way. Spurs squad is miles better than this Atleti side. Spurs have one of the best GKs in the world, one of the best CBs, the 2 best English FBs, the AM with most assists in the top 5 leagues, the 2nd coming of Shearer, the best young player in the EPL for 2 seasons in a row now, etc. How does Atleti even compare? As you said they have just 2 WC players, 2 others that are great in Felipe Luis and Gimenez (who is injured), and the rest are from very good to below, not exactly elite.

Imagine going from De Gea to Courtois to Oblak Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 03, 2017 3:04 am

Oblak is one of the best CB in europe, Godin one of the most dominant, Gimenez was the next goat in line, and Savic is good too;Filipe has long been held a brilliant and complete Fullback, one of the best in europe; Koke is one of the game best CM, Saul is a great all around midfielder; Griezmann is often compared to CR and Messi, Carrasco is one of europe great wingers.

Euhhh they have a great squad, they easily compare to spurs

Getting Atletico to change their style has not worked as well as last season, and Atletico's bench has not responded or pushed the first team: Correa, Gameiro, TOrres, Gaitan, Lucas at times, even Gimenez this season, a lot of underwhelmed. Just the end of a cycle, and a squad not evolving as fast or as well as their competition in europe
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed May 03, 2017 3:06 am

Spurs are miles better than this Atletico side? That's an astonishing assertion. Didn't Spurs lose to Bayer at some point, a club at the lower end og the Bundesliga table. Lloris is one of the best GKs in the world?

I guess you were kidding. You almost got me. LOL
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed May 03, 2017 3:10 am

But, on the other hand. Atletico just don't have the depth that Barca and Real have. They had some key players in defense injured or not at 100% and no one to at the same level to replace them.

breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 03, 2017 3:15 am

breva wrote:But, on the other hand. Atletico just don't have the depth that Barca and Real have. They had some key players in defense injured or not at 100% and no one to at the same level to replace them.

Okay so lack of depth explains why they struggle in La Liga to keep with barca/Madrid.

It doesn't explain why they are getting bent over in Europe 4 times to the exact same team.

They had their best XI out there today. And they got spanked 3-0. At some point it's due to Simeone's shitty tactical approach. I mean how can you not have learned from 3 previous times they beat you.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 03, 2017 3:19 am

THis Madrid generation is legendary already for what they are achieving in europe. They are up against greatness, that implies they can get bent over
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 03, 2017 3:26 am

Okay they get bent over once. This team is legendary it can happen. Okay it happens twice. Maybe it just wasn't their day. Three times? What? Four times? gtfo.

Looks to me like Simeone has no clue what to do tactically.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 03, 2017 3:29 am

Real Madrid is vastly superior personnel wise, its not anything to be ashamed of. Making two finals knocking out superior Barca and Bayern sides were great accomplishments that are being overlooked.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed May 03, 2017 4:27 am

Don't call me James wrote:
breva wrote:But, on the other hand. Atletico just don't have the depth that Barca and Real have. They had some key players in defense injured or not at 100% and no one to at the same level to replace them.

Okay so lack of depth explains why they struggle in La Liga to keep with barca/Madrid.

It doesn't explain why they are getting bent over in Europe 4 times to the exact same team.

They had their best XI out there today. And they got spanked 3-0. At some point it's due to Simeone's shitty tactical approach. I mean how can you not have learned from 3 previous times they beat you.

Weren't they missing Sime Vrsaljko and Juanfran? Just asking.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 03, 2017 5:41 am

Not only those two but also Gimenez so they had to go with a make shift RB. Anyway, I see James is forgetting Simeone had Madrid's number in the league for 3 years up until this season so between the league meetings, random CDR ties and the UCL, Madrid would have bound to figure out how to beat Atletico.

I wouldn't say tactically he doesn't know what to do but more say Madrid (or more Zidane) found a more stable way on how to beat or for the very least go toe to toe with them.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 03, 2017 7:18 am

Atletico is about to go out in the semifinal. Any other season this would be seen as a huge achievement for them. The point where Simeone takes blame sure isn't at the CL semifinals. Bayern, PSG, and all the English scrubs aren't here, Simeone's Atleti is.

Their squad is good, but not good enough to expect 3 or 4 semifinals in a row and 2 finals in that time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed May 03, 2017 7:55 am

What blame lol. Without him these scrubs would be fighting for europa spot instead they are making to CL semis regularly.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next