The Demon of Carthage
zigra
Thimmy
Tomwin Lannister
Arquitecto
72 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 4 Empty Re: UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C

Post by Firenze Thu May 11, 2017 3:09 am

I like Juve, like their players. I hate certain Madrid fans attitudes...them retaining would be annoying, but GL feuds take precedence >

Hala Madrid

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 4 Empty Re: UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C

Post by Doc Thu May 11, 2017 3:23 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Only reason I want Juve to win is because I don't want the wankfest of Madrid retaining. Laughing

I don't watch much at all, non PL related over last 2-3 seasons but I flat out refuse to accept that the same Madrid team it's always been has been magically turned into a super team.

My only conclusion is quality at the top has dropped off because it doesn't make any sense, when I look at the likes of Barca and Bayern they don't seem as good either so it only strengthens my feeling tbh. hmm

You don't watch much football outside PL (I assume that includes Real Madrid) but not only you refuse to think Madrid became a "super" team but you even came to a conclusion drawn from your own thoughts on the matter.

I mean, why not. I probably do that in matters that actually demand critical thinking.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 11, 2017 4:26 am

Most even final in quite a while. Both teams with equal chance of winning it but Madrid start as slight favourites. The two best teams are deservedly in the final this year.

Hype is going to be unbelievable. Can't wait.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 11, 2017 4:55 am

M99 wrote:
RED wrote:Juventus will hopefully win. everyone who's not a RM fan will be supporting them.

Good vs Evil.

Imagine classifying a team that got relegated for match fixing as "good"

Oh common

We are not a bad team.

We are not a good team.

We are THE team

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 4 Tumblr_onphoiBY8o1u1ljrzo1_500
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu May 11, 2017 6:35 am

Zidane doesn't have a lot of success with Italian teams in final games. In 1997 he lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus. In 1998 he again lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus. In 2006 he lost the World Cup final to Italia while watching from the dressing room after disgracing his country.

In 2017 I see the same scenario playing out. This time the team in black and white will prevail while Zizou is standing on the other sideline. However I don't think any headbutts will be involved this time around.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu May 11, 2017 6:43 am

juve_gigi wrote: in final In 1997 he lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus. In 1998 he again lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus.

Maybe the problem is Juventus.

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 4 5gsVsAeUhqr8e2huzMVuVxgmQgtsJoGP4BRR5sm1SpXNNPvs3lm5Fa70aL972MfxAF0TmNxAIxUAZmG8zHwfCMiqH0A9ErXz3D-T54oUUQNqhRn6ERbl3Ot2=w220-h220-nc

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu May 11, 2017 6:47 am

Lucifer wrote:
juve_gigi wrote: in final In 1997 he lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus.  In 1998 he again lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus.

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 4 5gsVsAeUhqr8e2huzMVuVxgmQgtsJoGP4BRR5sm1SpXNNPvs3lm5Fa70aL972MfxAF0TmNxAIxUAZmG8zHwfCMiqH0A9ErXz3D-T54oUUQNqhRn6ERbl3Ot2=w220-h220-nc

No that thought never came to mind really. The only thought I had was Zizou choking in two consecutive finals...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu May 11, 2017 6:51 am

Well he is not playing this time while Juventus are so..

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 11, 2017 6:54 am

juve_gigi wrote:Zidane doesn't have a lot of success with Italian teams in final games. In 1997 he lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus. In 1998 he again lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus. In 2006 he lost the World Cup final to Italia while watching from the dressing room after disgracing his country.

In 2017 I see the same scenario playing out. This time the team in black and white will prevail while Zizou is standing on the other sideline. However I don't think any headbutts will be involved this time around.

Tbh, it'd be great if he did headbutt EuroMax Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu May 11, 2017 9:50 am

They handle Isco, Modric and Kroos, they could win.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 11, 2017 10:20 am

juve_gigi wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
juve_gigi wrote: in final In 1997 he lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus.  In 1998 he again lost the Champions League final while playing for Juventus.

No that thought never came to mind really. The only thought I had was Zizou choking in two consecutive finals...

Juventus went on to lose two more finals after Zidane left while the latter went on to score one of the greatest goals in the history of the champions league final, and managed to lift the trophy as a player and a manager.

I'd say it's pretty clear where the problem was. hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Reactions in Spain!

Edit - sorry, I still can't figure out how to upload an image from
My iPhone!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu May 11, 2017 7:06 pm

M99 wrote:
RED wrote:Juventus will hopefully win. everyone who's not a RM fan will be supporting them.

Good vs Evil.

Imagine classifying a team that got relegated for match fixing as "good"

True. rofl
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 11, 2017 7:31 pm

RED, can I ask you something? Why do you and Glory hate Real Madrid so much? I'm not judging or anything and it's perfectly within your right to hate us as much as you deem fit, but I'm just curious as to why such two good posters as yourselves hate us unconditionally.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri May 12, 2017 2:46 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:RED, can I ask you something? Why do you and Glory hate Real Madrid so much? I'm not judging or anything and it's perfectly within your right to hate us as much as you deem fit, but I'm just curious as to why such two good posters as yourselves hate us unconditionally.

I don't hate RM...honestly. I mean, im not fond of ur club, but in no way do I hate u guys(as hard as that is to believe judging from my earlier posts). Hatred is what i feel for, say, Liverpool.

I just don't want to see RM win back to back CLs. The closer u get to achieving It, the more intense my annoyance gets. Lol.

Other than that honestly u can win league's, domestic cups etc ...i bare no ill will.

Keep away from de gea too. Hah!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 12, 2017 2:01 pm

German referee Felix Brych has been assigned as the referee for the game between Juventus & Real Madrid.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Not a fan of any of the teams but I reckon Juve with their insanely good defence (looking at their XI they actually mean business on every position, damn) is one of the few teams that can stop Madrid. It'd be a great achievement for RM to retain the CL, but the curse is in the air and the opponent is really tough. So if I were to bet, I'd place my money on Juve win.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 12, 2017 3:22 pm

rincon wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:By this point this is another final for this core Real and for all of Juve's tactical brilliance and technique, the emotional drama and superstition that precedes them will fall under Real who will treat this like another match, as so used to such pressure they are that they will prevail and break what is this non-existent CL curse.

Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alves, Khedira, Mandzukic and Marchisio have played CL finals.

Nonsense arguments.

Rinc again as per usual you assume I am putting down Real's win due to having a superior team individually to which is not what I am saying or that it is laced with any merangue tinted glasses to which favour the hope of Real winning.

All the players you named are extraordinary yet this core real team has won two Champions Leagues TOGETHER and emphasis in together and are onto another final whilst some of whom you named from your list were not even within the previous final for Juve, to which was one final and no win at all.

Core dynamics matter and the stratagem of Juve is far better than any at the moment yet in the final it will be a mental game of wits and strength more than any.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri May 12, 2017 3:52 pm

You have underestimated Juve at every chance. Take it to the betting thread Arq. Juve will win the CL, what do you wanna bet?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 12, 2017 4:57 pm

If I'm remembering correctly, this would be Alves' 4th UCL final. Buffon has 2 finals and a WC final under his belt. So those 2 know how to deal with it. The rest, well, I'm sure as professionals, they'll have their nerves under control or at least try to.

Jjuve is still a pos team but I don't see Madrid having any real advantage over them in that department.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 12, 2017 5:12 pm

rincon wrote:You have underestimated Juve at every chance. Take it to the betting thread Arq. Juve will win the CL, what do you wanna bet?

Rinc maybe you are relatively new to my posting despite being a part of our family yet if you will know for the teams I take my best interest in I remain a skeptic as personally you may come to know me as a very positive person but in football I'm pessimistic as you Italians are to the core on Italian teams. Where does that come from when it comes to Juve and Italian teams? An Italian like you should know. I have been the one praising Max for years and now, your whole team Bonnuci, Marchisio, Buffon, Higuain etc not a word you will find that puts them down for the sake of it given I am a Milanista as I do not doubt Juve's potential given it is the most complete team in the world yet their ability to overcome certain challenges and mental barriers to which have been the only reason behind their fallouts in finals. They are valid points as especially on the substance behind them yet they have proven us skeptics wrong and if or when Madrid do win I will not gloat or 'told you so' but point out the most likely reason why.

If you do win to which I severely doubt then I will be present on this forum to take all the ridicule along with the other more bitter detractors of Juve and congratulate you. Cause I dislike Juventus but a large part of me would find great joy in Buffon finally winning, your backline, Higuain, Pjanic and especially Max winning the CL to which would be a slap in the face from all the mindless detractors of him on whom ridiculed me for being a fan of him.

Try to understand my point. And if you have so much faith in your team then you will know better.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri May 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Nope. I don't buy it. The arguments you make would make sense if this group was in any way famous for losing for losing finals or losing to Madrid. Which they are not. Whatever happened 20 years ago with a different set of players has no bearing on what happens on the field today.

This team is composed of CL winners, world cup winners, serie a winners, la liga winners, bl winners, etc.

All of these arguments of experience or mentality are baseless. The same can be made the other way around. Madrid has only won these finals against "Pathetico". Juve has like 8 consecutive knockout games over Madrid. This core of players have already beat CR and co. Etc, etc.

That's just as plentiful as the other side.

The only thing that matters is on the pitch, their football. If Juve lose it won't be because they lost in 98 and if Madrid lose it wont be because they always lose to Buffon and co. Two great, even, teams will play it out.

What I do remember is something like "Barcelona will make a comeback. Mark my words." which right away tells me that you don't follow Juve very closely, 0 chance of that happening.

Or comments like winning 3-0 was actually worse for Juve than a hypothetical 2-1. Because of magic or something.

I guess its because you hype the Spanish teams, or because you underestimate Juve. Either one applies.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Nice job assuming that I'm catering the perennial Juve final choke-out as the main crux of my argument instead of my argument that says Real Madrid are quite simply the better, more proven, arguably favourite team based on tangible assets as composing a team of players who have won in their own does not equal anywhere near to a team of winners whom ALSO have WON the Champions League not once, but twice and coasted their way into a final whereas Juve were outclassed in a final, their only final, to which they also lost.

I hype what is the best league in the world not out of my nationality but results as me being a skeptic of Juve has little to do with my following of them as if anything I am not biased by my support by them. None of these are presented as facts but my vested opinion as are yours.

The Barça comeback post was a subjective opinion admitted by my memories of Milan past. I am not Nostradamus nor even told to be but one who see's a different perspective then Juve fans who are convinced that they will beat the best team in the world from the best league in the world.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Finally, between you and I. Despite my disdain for Juventus as a club I want nothing more than like 96 percent of this forum, for Juve to destroy Madrid and end this annoying golden age of theirs.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri May 12, 2017 9:15 pm

farfan wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

Juventus went on to lose two more finals after Zidane left while the latter went on to score one of the greatest goals in the history of the champions league final, and managed to lift the trophy as a player and a manager.

I'd say it's pretty clear where the problem was. hmm

Hmmm, it's pretty clear which player has an anger management problem and cost his team a World Cup...

juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri May 12, 2017 9:17 pm

There comes a time in every man's life when they must put their own ambitions aside for the greater good.

If Juventus wins the CL this year, it'll be huge for their fans, especially considering that it's been a long time since the last time they won it. Totally understand and respect that.

But let's look at the bigger picture here. It's been an undeniable and inevitable certainty that every year a different team wins the CL. But we have never had the same team winning it two years back to back.

Juventus should be selfless here and step aside to clear the path for Madrid to set a new world record and show kids all around the world that impossible is nothing.

By doing that not only you'd earn the respect of every man, woman and child in the world, you'd also come back stronger the next year and win it anyway.

So the only question left here is, will Juventus be greedy and selfish enough to put their own self-interest ahead of everybody else (including kids) or will they step aside and let Madrid prove everybody that there's still some hope left in this dark world by breaking records that nobody thought could ever be broken?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next