Firenze
zigra
Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Winter is Coming
40 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Thiago Alcantara Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Thiago Alcantara Appreciation Thread

Post by Perucho21 Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:40 pm

@bill why isn't Thiago a starter for Spain

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Thiago Alcantara Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Thiago Alcantara Appreciation Thread

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:33 am

The last time he played he was overweight and very ineffective. However, with him back on form , I suspect he will be back. Hans raised this question multiple times with me, and it was always he was one of several who should start but he was never the clear choice based on his play with NT. I generally agree with Hans that he is a very good player but he hasn’t been best in world nor best for Spain. But there is no denying his current form. I find Luis Enrique is pretty in tune with players forms and it will be a shock to me if he isn’t there next time.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:38 pm

You have to put everything else in a freeze-frame to realize what Thiago does and how he does that. In the normal hustle of a game, it’s often difficult, nay impossible, for mere mortals to appreciate his pervasive, almost precognitive, vision, his split-second, almost intuitive, decision making, and his silky, almost effortless, passing.

Yesterday’s game was perfect to realize what Thiago does and how he does that. With the United players a second behind in his timeline, I could see how he could pick out Salah from forty meters among a clutter of opposition players. This is beyond magical and as close as something divine.

I didn’t watch Thiago before we signed him. I was rather annoyed when he was being hyped and compared with Xabi Alonso. I had watched Xabi in his prime and he is one of the very few players I had followed even after he left Liverpool. He was sublime, he was majestic, he was enchanting. Thiago is no Xabi, but he is without any doubt in the same class.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:50 pm

If Thiago were able to play a whole season he would be world class, but players need consistency to get to that level. No doubt he has the skill but his body has held him back.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:27 pm

Business as usual, GL going overboard.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:51 pm

iftikhar wrote:You have to put everything else in a freeze-frame to realize what Thiago does and how he does that. In the normal hustle of a game, it’s often difficult, nay impossible, for mere mortals to appreciate his pervasive, almost precognitive, vision, his split-second, almost intuitive, decision making, and his silky, almost effortless, passing.

Yesterday’s game was perfect to realize what Thiago does and how he does that. With the United players a second behind in his timeline, I could see how he could pick out Salah from forty meters among a clutter of opposition players. This is beyond magical and as close as something divine.

I didn’t watch Thiago before we signed him. I was rather annoyed when he was being hyped and compared with Xabi Alonso. I had watched Xabi in his prime and he is one of the very few players I had followed even after he left Liverpool. He was sublime, he was majestic, he was enchanting. Thiago is no Xabi, but he is without any doubt in the same class.

Thiago is more comparable to Xavi than Xabi.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Wait who compared him Alonso? He's basically Xavi but with more Brazilian flair and less control.

He has very little in his game that compares to Alonso.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:32 pm

Perucho21 wrote:@bill why isn't Thiago a starter for Spain
Because Lucho is a nationalist pig who prefers scrubs from La Liga over someone delivering world class season after world class season in Bundesliga

He had constantly Isco over Thiago, think about that for a second

Thiago is top 3 in the world as a central midfielder over the last 5-6 years, together with Modric and Kante.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:43 pm

You’re talking about Lopetequi not Enrique, lol. As I said last time, Thiago was overweight and very ineffective. Also consider his injuries. I agree with you Hans, in his current form he should be there (and IMO likely will be), but he hasn’t been in that form consistently enough.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:44 pm

Thiago was never overweight lol. What's that about?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:45 pm

futbol_bill wrote:You’re talking about Lopetequi not Enrique, lol. As I said last time, Thiago was overweight and very ineffective. Also consider his injuries. I agree with you Hans, in his current form he should be there (and IMO likely will be), but he hasn’t been in that form consistently enough.

He was incredibly consistent at Bayern. Our most consistent performer all through the Ancelotti and Kovac years which had many of our other top players faltering.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Thiago was never overweight lol. What's that about?

You obviously didn’t watch! Probably same as you confusing Lopetequi for Enrique. Isco had just a couple of call ups under Enrique.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:26 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Thiago was never overweight lol. What's that about?

You obviously didn’t watch! Probably same as you confusing Lopetequi for Enrique. Isco had just a couple of call ups under Enrique.

I have watched Thiago every single week from 2013 to 2020
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 pm

Well that explains it. He was over weight in 2021!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:18 am

Stop blaming the man for enjoying the local Fish and chips whilst being injured imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon May 30, 2022 5:21 pm

Will never understand why people rate him.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue May 31, 2022 4:02 am

danyjr wrote:Will never understand why people rate him.

Because they have an ounce of football understanding in their brain hmm

I understand that's much more than what many people have, but it is still enough to understand what players like Thiago bring to the table.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:12 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
danyjr wrote:Will never understand why people rate him.

Because they have an ounce of football understanding in their brain hmm

I understand that's much more than what many people have, but it is still enough to understand what players like Thiago bring to the table.

Couldn't have put it better rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:56 pm

In the league team of the year for whatever its worth: https://theathletic.com/news/pfa-premier-league-team-of-the-year-ronaldo-salah-de-bruyne/mPO0l7G4S946/
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:09 pm

Kommander at 37 is in it as well?! And with that dreadful United team?! Man, what a beast he is!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:16 pm

I know right absolutely agreed on sentiments, Rudiger in that also, crazy shit fuckall team.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:58 am

Retired from football...

Too bad hes basically been ruined by injuries? What exactly are the injuries anyone know?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:15 pm

Great player plagued mostly by injuries. He was very well praised and hopes were high for him during his early barca career.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6