Player powers big enough to sack managers?

+10
El Gunner
Lord Awesome
M99
urbaNRoots
Hapless_Hans
Glory
Winter is Coming
Mr Nick09
RealGunner
BarcaLearning
14 posters

Go down

Player powers big enough to sack managers? Empty Player powers big enough to sack managers?

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Just thought I'd ask what everyone think about it today, its possible that at some clubs players are big enough to influence the club to sack their manager?

The latest 'accusation' I read is Mou saying he knows which players got Karanka sacked at Middlesborough, not too sure how much we should believe Mous words obviously.

But what about Leicester sacking Ranieri? I watched them a few times this season and they definitely looked they didnt try or were just so lost. Do u think so?

Mou definitely lost his players at Chelsea and I thought, they just seemed purposely not performing.

There are countless other examples in recent years that players seems to have done and able to. So do u think this is true? I dont think player powers have ever been as big as they are today it seems. Or maybe Im wrong?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Player powers big enough to sack managers? Empty Re: Player powers big enough to sack managers?

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Messi has gotten rid of like 3-4 managers now alone. So, yes.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Player powers big enough to sack managers? Empty Re: Player powers big enough to sack managers?

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 pm

CR and Ramos got Benitez sacked in 6 months so yes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Yes...
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Sadly yea.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 pm

I think you're wrong if you think this is a new phenomenon.
Players always used to get coaches sacked.

Happened at Bayern in the 70s too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:38 pm

How many times have soldiers turned on the captain? One sign of weakness and they are at his throat. It's the same in football and something that every leader in the world has had and has to deal with.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I think you're wrong if you think this is a new phenomenon.
Players always used to get coaches sacked.

Happened at Bayern in the 70s too.

This lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Casillas and friends got Mou sacked as well.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:43 pm

If only our players had some balls, but unfortunately Wenger is prime Mugabe.

#dictator4lyf
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:45 pm

El Gunner wrote:If only our players had some balls, but unfortunately Wenger is prime Mugabe.

#dictator4lyf
rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:18 pm

nothing new nor strange about this. great players are the ones who create the "greatness" of managers, not the other way around. despite all the chalk boards, tactical set ups, chess piece mystique that managers like to pretend they have, it is very much a players game. whether you play 5 4 1, 4 4 2, 4 2 3 1, if you have great players and you allow them play they will shine and make you look good or great

for that reason, they (players) call the shots when push comes to shove, and can get you fired or even hired. plus, its easier to get rid of one person (the coach), than multiple players. what ferguson, and to a lesser extent wenger (though things are changing), had was rare, and that's cos of the situation those clubs were before they came in, and the fact ferguson was more like a father figure to the old guard, who he kept on for most of his career
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:38 pm

to be honest, i really don't see much wrong in players getting rid of a manager. sometimes managers need to know their roles and just let the players play. if they lose confidence in you as a manager, then that's on you.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:48 pm

I'm not convinced the examples given are the player saying get rid of him. Benitez and Mourinho did it to themselves. SUre Castillas, Ramos, Cr were not happy but at end of day it's what these coaches were doing that got them sacked. dame last year with Chelsea.

I disagree with Tito, you can have all the greatest players in the world and not have results. You need the coach to organize, have appropriate tactics and generate motivation.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:21 pm

it depends on what you consider results....ofcourse as a fan of a big club, not winning a title is considered a failure. BUT, for the most part the best players will win more games over the course of a season than the one's they'll lose with their eyes closed. rafa's style and personality sucked, but his team won more games than lost, not because of him. obviously we lost the big games, and that's where the tiniest detail will now matter; which includes things like confidence, coaching, refereeing, injuries etc...

we always give examples about how one manager had all the best players and didn't win. and in most of those cases, that manager's team won most of their games over the course of the season based on talent alone

i'm not saying managers don't help, but we give them and their tactics way too much attention imo. i can understand in a sport like basketball, where the coach actually calls plays, time outs and things like that. the biggest point u made that a manager must have is the motivational factor.

i'll reverse my stance when i see more guys doing better with mediocre squads. and when i say mediocre i don't mean a squad that has top earners on it.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:25 pm

there was a guy on here who was a fan of inter when mourinho was their coach, then became a fan of madrid when mou was our coach, then switched back to chelsea when he was their coach, and after that chelsea failure we hardly here from the guy....i find that ridiculous to invest so much attention to the manager and ignore the team he has on ground. but the managers have done a good job of marketing themselves to look special (no pun intended), and this isn't a new phenomenon
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Players helped get AVB sacked back in 2012, so it happens all the time.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:50 pm

most times before any coach gets fired the senior players already know. its very rare that a coach gets fired and the senior players are surprised, very very rare. even if said players liked the coach. management at top clubs will find a way to brief the top players on what's going to go down.

coaches are more disposable than the players, that's the way it is and has always been. players are the ones with the talent that we go to watch, not the managers. you can play any system you want, i'm watching cos i know the guy on the field will get the ball and do some magic with it. i'm not watching cos the coach will play 4 3 3 or 4 4 2
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 am

Tito it seems you hate coaches...
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:24 am

titosantill wrote:there was a guy on here who was a fan of inter when mourinho was their coach, then became a fan of madrid when mou was our coach, then switched back to chelsea when he was their coach, and after that chelsea failure we hardly here from the guy....i find that ridiculous to invest so much attention to the manager and ignore the team he has on ground. but the managers have done a good job of marketing themselves to look special (no pun intended), and this isn't a new phenomenon

Lol Tito, that was huntsman. He true to form has now gone to Man U. Bad bad example. Mou can go to China and he wil follow him. We go on about various posters being fanboys of a given player. Well this is just the same with a coach.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:49 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Tito it seems you hate coaches...

lol i don't hate coaches. on the contrary, i feel the only two times a coach should be fired are if results are so bad, that he just has to go cos it won't get any better or if he loses the locker room. the latter is what barcalearning's topic is primarily about. if the coach can't get his house in order, why should he stay? take mou at madrid; the only players who liked him at the end were arbeloa, xabi, callejon and maybe varane.....a club can't sell 11 players and replace them easily. having the confidence of your locker room is just as important and maybe, just maybe even more important than tactics

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Geez...it just makes it feels like manager dont do all that much at all regarding influencing performances and results then Razz Anyway, I get it happens and perhaps normal, or just commonplace with many clubs and natural, with exceptions.

Dont know why but I still tend or would like to think managers have a more major influence than is being said in this thread otherwise the impact of a manager just seems minimal, and that player powers shouldnt be that big. As in if a manager is so bad the players get sick of him then its more justified, but it seems in some cases the players simply dont like the guy despite him doing ok, and use their power to get rid of him, which isnt right.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down