Luca
rincon
Robespierre
M99
farfan
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Andrea Belotti legit ? Empty Is Andrea Belotti legit ?

Post by farfan Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Serie A top scorer with 22 goals.

I don't know why i'm getting this provincial scrub vibe from him... maybe it's the fact that i've watched him exactly 0 times ? hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Is Andrea Belotti legit ? Empty Re: Is Andrea Belotti legit ?

Post by M99 Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:35 pm

Yes.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:49 pm

He reminds me Christian Vieri as type of player . He must still prove to be the same player on a top team .. but when I watch him, I think he reminds Bobo..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Very legit. I see some Vieri and some Aguero in him.

Different from the provincial scrubs like Borriello or Pavoletti.

His instinct around the box, his finishing, his hard work and the way he uses his body to create space make him deadly.

We'll see when he makes the big move to a bigger club but he looks the part so far.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:43 pm

His work rate is incredible, that's what stands out to me. He's always pressing hard and getting into great space.

Sucks at penalties, he's missed a few this season if I had to say something negative about him.

At 23 he looks the real deal.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:11 pm

I rate him, so yes he's legit. He'll join Milan in two seasons. Quote this.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:51 pm

^Is that the best example of paradox or what.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm going to have to wait another season.

Reminds me way too much of Immobile.

Immobile at 23 years old had 23 goals at Torino Laughing He was also said to be very hard working sort of Christian Vieri type player Laughing

He scrubbed really hard outside Italy.

And now he's back in Serie A and killing it again this season.

So unless the player is Higuain, Cavani, Tevez level world class talent I just don't trust current crop of Serie A strikers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Casciavit wrote:I rate him, so yes he's legit. He'll join Milan in two seasons. Quote this.

Done.

Chelsea have been linked, so I think there is an outside shot of us getting him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Well Coutinho flopped in Serie A, or Gabbiadini who is playing GOAT in Southampton. Everything is relative.
All that, I totally agree on expecting to rate the players who go from provincia clubs, there are the Icardi but there are also l frauds.
I think he is better than Immobile though, and anyway Immobile is a solid Lazio CF. The fact that he failed in Borussia or Dortmund didn't depend on him imo
Casciavit wrote:I rate him, so yes he's legit. He'll join Milan in two seasons. Quote this.

Have the Milan money for him ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:43 pm

Coutinho didn't flopp in Italy. he was never given a proper chance. What did you expect 18-19 year old kind to become the clubs savior. He needed time to grow which Inter didn't have the patients for at the time because they just came from winning the CL and a treble.

Even in 6 months at Espanyol when they gave him a chance he was a great in La Liga.

At Liverpool he was given a chance to grow and showcase his talent.

As far as Gabbiadiani it's been 1 month. He will regress to the mean like Michu etc. Players go through hot form all the time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Who says he reminds Vieri is because of physical power ( Immobile had nothing to do with Vieri tbh ) , but of course, we talk about a sort of similarity. If he was already a Vieri he 'd deserve that 100 clause mln valid for the foreign clubs. (I'm sure no clubs will pay it).
Another past great Italian CF compared to him was Vialli, because of the work rate.
It's always difficult to find similarities with past CFs, because I think every player is different, but when I watch one that may look like Vieri , I get excited and I hope to have found his heir.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:18 am

Don't call me James wrote:I'm going to have to wait another season.

Immobile at 23 years old had 23 goals at Torino Laughing He was also said to be very hard working sort of Christian Vieri type player Laughing

So unless the player is Higuain, Cavani, Tevez level world class talent I just don't trust current crop of Serie A strikers.

Official: Belotti is safe for now
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:11 am

Firstly Belotti has many qualities that Immobile doesn't have. Superior athleticism, physicality, more hard-working, can play on the wings and now can score a ton of goals.

Now the only other issue if he can succeed in a system which isn't based on hitting teams on the break because Torino have produced a no.of players whose counter attacking style have made those players look good but they have looked awful elsewhere. Much like some of the players Dortmund produced in the past who flopped in different teams after maximising their performance in Dortmund's system. We'll wait and see.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:50 am

Don't call me James wrote:I'm going to have to wait another season.

Immobile at 23 years old had 23 goals at Torino Laughing  He was also said to be very hard working sort of Christian Vieri type player Laughing

If he reminds you of Immobile then it because you have never seen him play. Completely opposite styles of strikers, also Immobile had nothing to do with Vieri. But its good you write this, it means Belotti is gonna be world class Thumbs up
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:09 am

To add some context for the non-Serie A watching crowd.

He is an out and out striker. A finisher but not just a poacher. He works his ass off every game for his team in running, pressing and harassing the defense to force mistakes and pounce on them. That said, he still does his work at the back to defend and bring the ball forward.

Those are his main strengths, finishing and hard work.

Still, he participates in the build up very well and has 4 assists so far.

Scores with either foot and with headers. I read a stat earlier that only he an Aubameyang have scored 5+ goals with each foot and head this season.

Since the second half of last season he exploded and has had an extremely good year and season. He is now the starting CF of the NT.

Torino will sell high, he has a release clause of like 90m or something like that valid for foreign teams, to prevent other Serie A teams from getting him. If Costa goes to China then I definitely see him at Chelsea. He would be the perfect forward for Atletico as well.

One of the top Italian talents of his generation, up there with Donnarumma, Berardi, Verratti, Rugani, Gagliardini, etc.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Seems like a Mourinho type striker. Can see us shelling out 80m after Zlatan leaves tbh.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Bobo is an apt comparison, although if i had to dare pick someone he reminded me of, it would be Gilardino, in playstyle i mean, the way he carries himself, tracks back etc, reminds me of when he first joined Milan
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:53 pm

A nice article on him

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/vFdX53j1SUCLR-ZYl8QLyw/Show/Why-Andrea-Belotti-is-the-most-sought-after-striker-in-Europe
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm not his biggest fan, but tbh 80 million sold records are hard to argue with.

Great voice no doubt, even if he clearly lacks the classical and dramatic gravitas of, say, a Domingo, or the assertive tenor leggiero of a Pavarotti.

In any case, a great inspiration for other people with visual impairment, and, like Petr Cech and his helmet, a walking reminder of how dangerous the goalkeeper position can actually be.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:15 pm

I'll use this a the Belotti watch thread.

After his goal yesterday against Udinese, Belotti maintains pace with Dzeko as capocannoniere with 23 goals and has become the first Torino player to pass 22 goals in the league in 67 years (Valentino Mazzola of the Grande Torino was the last one).

With these recent exploits he makes it 40 G+A for Torino since breaking through, last January.

So in this season and a half he has 40 G+A in 4434 minutes, or a G+A every 110 minutes. In just this season, the average is better at 95 minutes.

For Italy, he has become the starting CF and in 4 qualifying games he has 5 G+A.

He recently said he was staying at Torino this summer, making him even greater in the eyes of the fans.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Torino could build a solid squad around him, i wish he stays in Italy. More likely than not he will be the starting CF for the national team in the years to come, i can't think of anyone who's close to his level right now.

This squad for the World Cup in Russia Thumbs up Thumbs up
INSIGNE-BELOTTI-BERNARDESCHI
VERRATTI-MARCHISIO-BONAVENTURA
CHIELLINI-RUGANI-BONUCCI-DARMIAN
BUFFON
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:20 am

Don't call me James wrote:Coutinho didn't flopp in Italy. he was never given a proper chance. What did you expect 18-19 year old kind to become the clubs savior. He needed time to grow which Inter didn't have the patients for at the time because they just came from winning the CL and a treble.

Even in 6 months at Espanyol when they gave him a chance he was a great in La Liga.

As far as Gabbiadiani it's been 1 month. He will regress to the mean like Michu etc. Players go through hot form all the time.

Coutinho lost the ball every time he was passed to at Inter. He could not handle even provincial Italian defensive players.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:14 am

That must be why Inter fans were so upset when he was sold Rolling Eyes
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:29 pm

breva wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Coutinho didn't flopp in Italy. he was never given a proper chance. What did you expect 18-19 year old kind to become the clubs savior. He needed time to grow which Inter didn't have the patients for at the time because they just came from winning the CL and a treble.  

Coutinho lost the ball every time he was passed to at Inter.  He could not handle even provincial Italian defensive players.  

A little harsh. When your playing in an environment not fostered to help your development, you won't be at your best.

Oh and those provincial Italian defenders are tough mofos. Cutting one's teeth by playing them can only make a player better. I wouldn't sell them so short. I have plenty of respect for those guys.

On topic: Belotti is a great talent, but I'm going to withhold any judgement on him until he replicates this form at least another season. I don't think he even needs to leave Torino at that point as well. Just do this again next season. I do have the same feeling about him that I have about Harry Kane in the PL though. It will take a couple of seasons to determine if he's a one-hit wonder.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next