Dnmac4
The Messiah
jibers
The Franchise
free_cat
Bellabong
13 posters

Go down

You guys think this is legit? Empty You guys think this is legit?

Post by Bellabong Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/10/30/2734072/

Goal.com: Did Jurgen Klinsman underestimate the difference between being national team coach and Bundesliga coach?

Thomas Strunz: "I think Jurgen Klinsmann underestimated [the Bundesliga] when he was Bayern coach. I do not think that he is a club coach. He works as a visionary and he was involved in many things that Bayern and the DFB do to this day. But I do not think he's a guy whose strengths are in creating a daily training schedule."

Do Bayern now have the right coach?

Thomas Strunz: "Jupp Heynckes is the perfect coach for Bayern. He has a lot of experience and he knows how to deal with stars. A young coach probably would not have worked with such top stars. Heynckes, however, worked in the past with many great players at Bayern Munich and Real Madrid."

Would it have been at all possible to have continued with Louis van Gaal?

Thomas Strunz: "To have continued with Louis van Gaal, they would have needed to replace the entire team. The situation was totally disjointed and Van Gaal was stubbornly clinging to his system. In particularly, he curtailed the freedom of the creative players. But that is necessary to reach the top level. On the other hand, he made the entire success of the team depend on these players. That was a spiral that led into the abyss. It is wonderful now to see the pleasure Franck Ribery takes in playing. His facial expression and body language is completely different now than, says, a year ago."

Was Van Gaal blinded by his success from his first season?

Thomas Strunz: "It was a mistake from the whole club. They were dazzled by reaching the Champions League final in their first season together. In actual analysis, it is forgotten that they had the Arjen Roben factor. That made the difference."

Can Bayern again become one of the best teams in Europe?

Thomas Strunz: "The team is hungry for success. The combination of team, new coach - and the events of last season may provide a lot of momentum. The club will benefit at least from the fact that the team won nothing last year. In the end, luck must also play a role. They can face Barcelona in the quarter-finals and lose.

The Catalans are the epitome of a top team. Would Bayern have a chance against them?

Thomas Strunz: "Of course they can beat Barcelona. In two games, anything is possible. So much can happen. But what is clear is that Barcelona are the favourites."

Do you have a recipe for success? How do you play against Barcelona?

Thomas Strunz: If you look at their tactical formation, they are the only top team that play with no real centre forward. We saw this extremely well in the Champions League final against Manchester United. [Rio] Ferdinand and [Nemanja] Vidic had no real opponents and were completely overwhelmed. They could not be focused on anyone. Maybe a team could try to play with a sweeper. They could operate with three men in front of a central defender. With a back four, the two central defenders are facing a free space. And always, Villa, Iniesta, Messi and Pedro try to get inside. Why should this space be given up?"

Further to the subject: So Bayern use a sweeper vs Barca. Do they need Robben?

Thomas Strunz: "Currently, Bayern do not necessarily need him. At the moment, Arjen Robben is the problem! The team have shown that they can play successfully without him. He's just a great individualist. He must adapt his game. Ribery has done it too and still has complete freedom. But Ribery also helps out on the defensive and has adapted his game to the team. Robben will have to do that too. The question is whether or not he will do so.

Is Robben's standing within the team so great that he can continue to do as he wants? Some even speculate that he is the secret Bayern captain.

Thomas Strunz: "For me, Bastian Schweinsteiger stands at the top of the team hierarchy. Then come a few of the national team players."

Now that we have already talked about Robben, who is the most important player at Bayern?

Thomas Strunz: "Currently, the dependence on Mario Gomez is the greatest. If he is unavailable, then there's [Nils] Petersen and [Ivica] Olic. Mario Gomez is for me an absolute goal machine. He is physically strong, robust, can shoot well with left and right foot and is also fast. He has everything you need to be a top striker. In his position you don't need to be a dribbler. Gomez is one of the top strikers in Europe."
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

You guys think this is legit? Empty Re: You guys think this is legit?

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeah, why not. As long as in front of that back four with a sweeper there are 5 men also defending, everyone can defend succesfully against us. Otherwise no.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Needs more clarity, I am not 100% clear on what is being said.

Is it 3 defenders with 1 behind them as a sweeper? The sweeper being formerly a centerback and the 3 defenders being formally two fullbacks and the other centerback?

The 3 defenders pushing onto Pedro, Villa and Messi close and 1 sweeper filling the space in behind?

Still presents risks. Cesc/Keita/Iniesta/Xavi are increasing adapt at deep, late runs and with Dani Alves dashing down the flank the possibilty of a overload still exists.

Also, Messi drops very deep, halfway line deep. Very few defenders are comfortable following him that far, tactics or not. Without mobility, those defenders know if they follow him that far and get beat, they are in big trouble.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:38 pm

Very interesting article mate. Thanks.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Bayern do not have a sweeper to complete that tactics, say if we still had Koffour he could play as a sweeper, you have few sweepers in modern day football, because most teams will rather have big, tall, powerful and strong CB as oppose to intelligent fast, agile, clinical tackler, no nonsense Sweeper.

Neuer is like a sweeper himself, most time his always there to clear the lose balls.

I dont see any Bayern player that can play as a sweeper, maybe only Tymo, which I don't think he'll be willing to take that role.

------------------Neuer-----------------
------------------Tymo-------------------
--------V.Buyten-----Boateng---------
Rafinha---Gustavo---------------Lahm
-------------------------Schweni----------
Robben----------------------------Ribery
----------------Gomez---------------------

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:13 pm

The best way to win against teams like Barcelona and Madrid is to play the way we know how to play best, instead of changing our entire tactics.

I mean we might need to change 1 or 2 thing against Barcelona and maybe just play cautiously against against Madrid and don't change anything.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:18 pm

I've said this a couple times on here. The formula is easy to beat Barca and the Italian teams are best suited to do it.

1) You have to score first, if you let Barca score first it's over.

2) You have to get as many set pieces as possible, corner's, free kicks, etc etc Barca are terrible in the air and that is the easiest way to score against them.

3) Your backline has to be 100% organized and work as a team with the offsides trap and your central defenders have to push play away from the middle of the field.

4) You need someone like sneijder for Inter that can take the ball from the defense and start the counter attack asap also you need two fast wingers to break barca's high line that can cross the ball.

5) Finally you need to make Xavi and Iniesta RUN. They have to put in a defensive shift and can't just sit in the middle of q\the field and dictate play and you need to be physical with them.

The Italian teams are the best suited because of there organization at the back and there organization on set pieces plus they like to play with true wingers who can cross the ball.

You need to have certain players to beat them as a player like Walcott is great when facing Barca because of his pace. If you don't have these players you are not going to win.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Idrisozet wrote:The best way to win against teams like Barcelona and Madrid is to play the way we know how to play best, instead of changing our entire tactics.

I mean we might need to change 1 or 2 thing against Barcelona and maybe just play cautiously against against Madrid and don't change anything.
Just like you played against barca in audi cup, despite losing? Lets face it Bayerns style of pressing and calmness is exactly what barca wants.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 pm

3 Cbs and + Bastian and Luis Gustavo=Barca killers :bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Sweepers. :bow: Probably wouldn't work because Barca are stupidly good however, I love sweepers, I always play them on FM and FIFA.

Deep defence + Sweeper = Win. (Unless you are against Barca)
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by FC_Hollywood Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:21 pm

We must use Mourinho tactics and floor their midfield!

------------------Neuer
Rafinha - Boateng - Badstuber - Lahm
---Gustavo - Tymoshchuck - Schweinsteiger
--Mueller------------------------Ribery
-----------------Gomez

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:22 pm

don't need any of that crap... just watch how valencia play against them and imagine soldado and pablo replaced with players who can finish chances
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:26 pm

che wrote:don't need any of that crap... just watch how valencia play against them and imagine soldado and pablo replaced with players who can finish chances
I agree but, we even gave a better performance than Valencia, in bernabeu. It should have been 6-2.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by FC_Hollywood Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:27 pm

The xcx wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:The best way to win against teams like Barcelona and Madrid is to play the way we know how to play best, instead of changing our entire tactics.

Just like you played against barca in audi cup, despite losing? Lets face it Bayerns style of pressing and calmness is exactly what barca wants.

I agree. Heynckes used a very deep line and played with only 2 men in midfield!

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:28 pm

The xcx wrote:
I agree but, we even gave a better performance than Valencia, in bernabeu. It should have been 6-2.

You guys think this is legit? Roflcopter
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:33 pm

che wrote:
The xcx wrote:

You guys think this is legit? Roflcopter
Laugh all you want, cant face the truth?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:41 pm

To be fair Valencia's display was mostly because of Pep's failed tactics in the first half.
The second was a whole different story
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Mourinho almost found the formula and its called FREE ROLE DEFENDER. (i guess)

See last two games and you know what im talking about.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down