Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 am

ES wrote:That is quite incredible and well thought out, i wouldn't mind it one bet if Jericho wins. Especially that Samoa Joe v Lesnar staredown, holy f*ck does that need to happen so badly. However, i'd like to see Balor featured in some form

Aye, there's a few i'd like to have seen in his analysis tbh. A few early on could have been used for other people IMO. But i can't really complain how he would book the last 10 or so guys, also if i were to knitpick while i agree with him on the Zayn and Strowman thing i think he blew his load on it a bit too early.

That's very slight knitpicking though and in general if it happened anything like that i'd be happy.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by silver Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:40 am

The more I think about it, if the Undertaker is not winning it, what is the purpose of him entering?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:49 am

silver wrote:The more I think about it, if the Undertaker is not winning it, what is the purpose of him entering?

Sell tickets probably lol, also he'll always be considered one of the guys with a legitimate chance in the sense if he won you wouldn't be surprised.

So in that sense it adds another guy who could win it which helps the unpredictability of it all.

Also i'd imagine even if he doesn't win they are going to set up his Wrestlemania feud, or at least lay the ground work for it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:54 am

Forgot to post this

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0117/621298/wwe-edits-fan-reaction-to-roman-reigns-losing-us-title/

rofl unbelievable
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:07 am

It's amazing that they don't realize they are hurting Reigns by doing this not helping him lol.

I don't even understand their obsession with getting him over, surely they must realise by now that Reigns as he is as a character simply doesn't work.

Not only that but it's not like Reigns oozes charisma where someone else couldn't do more with the push that people actually like.

I'd understand if he was a Rock 2.0 but he's clearly not lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:10 am

Just imagine this scenario in the future:

The Club:
AJ + Omega + Balor

vs

The Shield
Reigns + Ambrose +Rollins
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:14 am

ES wrote:Just imagine this scenario in the future:

The Club:
AJ + Omega + Balor

vs

The Shield
Reigns + Ambrose +Rollins

I'd hope that they do that in the future tbh, it's also the only way to get people to cheer for Reigns as a babyface ironically.

I wouldn't be mad at it either, faction feuds are always fun.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_S4VPnRTCE

Underrated gimmick IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Taker/Cena has to be the main event of WM imo. Most logical choice. For once Cena wouldn't be forced into a main event spot.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:39 pm

While we all agree Meltzer said like a week ago Vince cancelled Cena and Taker and now has different plans for both of them.

No one has a *bleep* clue what though and considering its Vince he probably doesn't either lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:10 am

I wonder how smarks will react once Cena, Reigns, and Strowman ALL win. Laughing

Might be a stronger backlash than 2015 Rumble.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:46 am

Doubt it, Roman is the only one of those 3 who hardcore fans dislike.

Also the main reason for the 2015 backlash was that Bryan was so beloved, wouldn't have mattered who won it really.

Fast forward to now the most beloved guys are probably AJ and Jericho and both are heels lol so there won't be anyway near the same backlash regardless who wins.

Ambrose is probably the most beloved babyface and it's nowhere near what Bryan was, doubt anyone will actually care if he doesn't win.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Disagree on 2015. Crowd was also heavily behind Ziggler and Ambrose too. One they got dumped nonchalantly by Big Show and Kane things got out of control.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gomCF60qam8

Early MOTY contender from last year.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:40 pm

I watched again a few weeks ago due to it being part of the MOTY playlist on the Network.

It's really, really good. Overshadowed because it came in January and how much quality came after it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Doubt it, Roman is the only one of those 3 who hardcore fans dislike.

Also the main reason for the 2015 backlash was that Bryan was so beloved, wouldn't have mattered who won it really.

Fast forward to now the most beloved guys are probably AJ and Jericho and both are heels lol so there won't be anyway near the same backlash regardless who wins.

Ambrose is probably the most beloved babyface and it's nowhere near what Bryan was, doubt anyone will actually care if he doesn't win.

Smarks are the ones who make the noise and you can be damn sure they'll make their voices heard during the Royal Rumble. Strowman, Cena, and Reigns ARE NOT smark favorites. If they all win, lots of bitching and booing will happen.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:00 am

Cena is now imo, no one dislikes him anymore. He might not be as much of a favourite as AJ but no one hates him imo.

I get the feeling Strowman isn't hated either although I don't think he'll win anyway and quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Cena didn't win just because of the whole storyline going on atm.

Wouldn't be surprised if he wins either but I'm starting to feel like Elimination Chamber is where they pull the trigger on Cena imo.

Reigns is the only lock in this scenario, I'm going to be *bleep* gobsmacked if Owens retains.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:05 am

Cena's lost a bit of credibility due to his losses in recent years. Needs to win at the rumble and also the chamber match going into WM imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:08 am

As for smarks WWE should ignore them imo. No matter what happens, they'll all be watching anyway lol.

It's not like a legitimate superstar's being held down due to Cena/Reigns/Strowman possibly all winning at the rumble.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:29 am

Onyx wrote:Cena's lost a bit of credibility due to his losses in recent years. Needs to win at the rumble and also the chamber match going into WM imo.

Not really, he's Cena no matter what. Besides he's going to obviously drop the belt again shortly after Mania due to his obvious outside stuff so he's going to lose again.

When you are over, losing doesn't actually matter. I mean Styles losing to Ellsworth and not losing a lick of credibility should tell you all you need to know.

Only matters to people who are not over, you just get to a point where it just doesn't effect you.

I'm not against Cena winning btw, just saying that he doesn'tt necessarily need it.

Onyx wrote:
It's not like a legitimate superstar's being held down due to Cena/Reigns/Strowman possibly all winning at the rumble.

Oh and btw attitude like this is exactly the reason why for the last decade they haven't even attempted to create new stars.

I know we have been through this argument a million times but you have to realise that creating new stars takes time. Stone Cold after the i just kicked your ass promo took months before it finally took off( WWE wants you to believe he became a star overnight after that promo but it wasn't the case in the slightest) and they have only really started to push new people since the brand split.

Maybe they will fail and none of them will end up being stars but it's pointless assuming they won't and just continue to Roman push just because and is exactly the reason why we are where we are because they have been clinging onto Cena for the last decade and decided everyone else doesn't matter.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:03 am

I was talking about the Bryan situation from a few years ago when he was on the cusp of establishing himself and instead they had Orton/Batista planned as the main event. To me Bryan at that moment was a legitimate rising star. There's nobody like that at the moment who's over and close to establishing themselves.

Of course yeh, the way they've pushed Reigns has been wrong from the get go. But he's much more credible than Owens at this point and WM's about big time matches. Strowman vs Reigns sounds interesting imo.

As for new stars, I don't entirely agree with them forcefully pushing people just so they can tick a box that say's 'push new guys, we need new blood'. They need to find the right balance. I'd rather watch older established stars or part timers over say guys like Owens, Balor, Rollins or Reigns. Guys they put into the main event scene before they were ready.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:21 pm

You don't know that someone is ready until you push them, though honestly.

Stone Cold and HHH have both said they didn't know they were ready when it happened.

Also about Strowman and Reigns I'll agree to disagree because I think it would be boring as hell as Strowman is far too green.

He just simply isn't ready for a big time match, they have booked him well but his in ring ability has a lot to go until he can be trusted with anything more than 10 minutes.

It's the same case with Corbin, both of them are far too green both in the ring and on the mic to be trusted with such a spot at a Wrestlemania.

Although Corbin is ahead of him in both categories so far.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Possibly big spoilers. Several betting sites have listed this superstar as favorite to win the Royal Rumble.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Betting doesn't mean anything yet tbf.

I do think he'll have a good showing though and would be shocking as hell if he won it but also refreshing.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You don't know that someone is ready until you push them, though honestly.

Stone Cold and HHH have both said they didn't know they were ready when it happened.

Also about Strowman and Reigns I'll agree to disagree because I think it would be boring as hell as Strowman is far too green.

He just simply isn't ready for a big time match, they have booked him well but his in ring ability has a lot to go until he can be trusted with anything more than 10 minutes.

It's the same case with Corbin, both of them are far too green both in the ring and on the mic to be trusted with such a spot at a Wrestlemania.

Although Corbin is ahead of him in both categories so far.

If someone's over, then they're ready imo. Plus you can usually tell if a guy is special and has 'it'.

Strowman hasn't been booked well for a while. Started off well squashing jobbers, but since then he's been messing around with Zayn and hasn't done much. Should have picked up victories against some midcarders by now. Maybe he's winning the rumble match and they didn't want to make it too obvious, who knows.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Well obviously I mean guys you push before that point, for example when Edge won the title from Cena after the chamber nobody really knew that was going to lead to what it did.

Not everyone is Bryan where they held him back for so long where it was obvious, some guys have to be pushed before the point.

Everyone gets to that point differently, but we'll see where it goes with Strowman. I'm satisfied with him so far though, just think being in a title match this WM is too early for him but we'll see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next