Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:09 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I love Jericho as much as the next guy but he's a comedy heel he has no place going on to win the rumble

Orton has been GOAT since coming back and i'm happy he's won it. But as I said in chat he needs to go full on Wyatt now if he's not breaking up. New attire, few new moves etc like he himself suggested in an interview. Freshen up his character. The only complaint I'd have about Orton is he's done it all, he's much more interesting now with the Wyatt stuff going on and if he commits to that then he's main event level again in my view.

Agree with this.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:09 am

Still don't understand how they passed up on the opportunity to have a Cena/Taker main event. Unless of course they do a non title match.

What else have they got going that's worthy of main eventing Mania?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:10 am

Obviously Bork's gonna beat Oldberg at Mania but he still should've gotten some offence in, jesus Laughing

So basically Brock >>>>>>>>>> Taker= Cena = Reigns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everybody else

But Goldberg is about all of those '>' signs x 50 ahead of Brock atm. Wtf are they doing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:11 am

The reason they scrapped it is apparently because they want to use this WM to push new stars. ( outside of Goldberg v Lesnar)

It's about 10 years too late but still lol, i agree it's the best Main event they have though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:16 am

I'm up for them pushing new stars. But there's no young guy who's legit over or stands out currently imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:19 am

Onyx wrote:I'm up for them pushing new stars. But there's no young guy who's legit over or stands out currently imo.

Yeah i'd prefer them to Cena vs Taker and then apply the new star mantra to the rest of the card tbh.

But this is what happens when you ignore your talent for like a decade lol. They should be trying to push new stars all the time for years, not now and again when it suits you.

They hit lightning in a bottle with Lesnar, Batista, Cena and Orton and basically relied on them for a decade, now their current product is a direct result of that neglect.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:22 am

I can see Bray main eventing a mania if they did a takeover story that started the previous summer. Can't see it happening now though with the brand split.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:11 am

I dint mind Orton winning it but it was pretty underwhelming overall for the reasons mt mentioned.

The only great thing I really enjoyed was that big staredown between Goldberg and Taker.

Was hugely disappointed when I saw who came out to #30 though lol.

I guess Orton vs Wyatt it is at Mania. No way they're going to have another Orton-Cena feud. There's still not much clarity on the Universal title scene but I guess there's still one more ppv to get a better picture of Raw's main event.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:30 am

http://streamable.com/2qqde

That was hilarious. rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:58 am

Wouldn't had taken much for Jericho to be taken seriously again. All he needed was the Rumble win, followed by a beat down from Owens out of jealously and bam - Universal title match right there.

Knew he had no chance though after drawing #2 (and winning the US title 2 weeks ago)
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:27 pm

What an underwhelming Rumble, its a *bleep* travesty that they used YET ANOTHER Rumble to push The *bleep* Big Dog. Reigns at #30???? Are you kidding me?? Just another confirmation that Vince is out of touch with reality. I wouldn't even be mad if he had mic skills like Mole mentioned instead of robotic memorized lines. Dont you ever dare *bleep* comparing him with the Rock ffs.

Furthermore, Apollo *bleep* Crews? The guy whohas done nothing recently, who's gimmick is smiling, had a spot at tje rumble? Mojo Rawley? Enzo Amore? I physically facepalmed at that. At least Ellsworth's was a comedy seg and expected.

3 spots for New Day i don't mind, but why they feel like they should've included Cesaro and Sheamus when they already had a title match? Mark Henry? Are you serious? So much stuff left out this Rumble for retarded stuff. Tye Dillinger, the guy who spent 10 years in decelopmental debuted before Joe for *bleep* sake

On to the stuff i liked: i liked that Stroman looked dominant, i liked thatCorbin eliminated him. Goldberg destroying Lesnar was *bleep* amazing, Harper turning Bray was incredible, lots of nice things happened in the Rumble but sadly overshadowed by poor decisions and *bleep* Reigns
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:03 pm

On Joe i still expect him to be called up, it just makes sense considering he's not been on NXT tv tapings and now Roode is the champion he won't be inserted back into that.

I just think he's going to screw Cena in the chamber instead for his debut instead, which tbh is better than him getting eliminated by Reigns for his debut. Laughing

What is Cena doing otherwise assuming Meltzer is right about Orton and Wyatt which there's no reason to think he isn't.

There's no other options, they won't do Styles again, Ambrose doesn't seem on the cards and Corbin is far too soon.

Although i should say this, if Wyatt is winning the chamber seriously what is the point of giving Cena a 2 week title run lol? i really don't understand that part but his career does deserve the 16th run so i'm fine with it all the same.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Cena doesn't need a title run at this point though. The whole point of putting the title back on Cena was to tie Flair's record so I would suppose Cena having the title now would give them more options in creating feuds for Mania. Perhaps like you said , Joe might screw Cena out of the title.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:14 pm

The thing is I'd rather prefer Cena winning the title now than us having to see another WM Cena moment without him turning heel (which will obviously never happen). I would've felt robbed if Cena won it at Mania instead without any consequences.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:15 pm

S wrote:Cena doesn't need a title run at this point though. The whole point of putting the title back on Cena was to tie Flair's record so I would suppose Cena having the title now would give them more options in creating feuds for Mania. Perhaps like you said , Joe might screw Cena out of the title.

When i mean run i mean his 16th reign, obviously if he loses it in two weeks it's not much of a run Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:Cena doesn't need a title run at this point though. The whole point of putting the title back on Cena was to tie Flair's record so I would suppose Cena having the title now would give them more options in creating feuds for Mania. Perhaps like you said , Joe might screw Cena out of the title.

When i mean run i mean his 16th reign, obviously if he loses it in two weeks it's not much of a run Laughing

Yeah but what I'm saying is his 16th reign doesn't come into equation at this point whether he holds it for 2 days or 3 months. But what matters is he's winning the belt 16 times. All he wanted to do is tie Flair's record.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Whole thing is a bit weird to me, i feel like they could have put the 16th title thing any time if he is going to lose it before WM.

I suppose you could argue if Styles beat him again he'd have no Kayfabe reason to be in the Chamber, so maybe that's it.

Of course this is all based if he does lose it, if he doesn't then it makes everything i said null and void. Cena is a transitional champion for the Wyatt Family angle if he loses it which is a bit strange to me.

But we'll find out in 2 weeks where they are going with this for certain.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:51 pm

fast lane and wm spoilers:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:53 pm

The Brock and Goldberg interaction during the Rumble was so *bleep* weird btw lol, was absolutely convinced he was going to get Goldberg eliminated and not be Goldberg's bitch again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Yeah it made very little sense, absolutely no reason for it to happen lol, should have been Lesnar that eliminated him

my Mania predictions:

Goldberg vs Lesnar vs Undertaker for the  title
Reigns vs Strowman
Blandy vs Bray for the title
Cena vs Corbin or Samoa Joe, probably the latter
AJ vs ? seen people mentioning Shane
Rollins vs HHH
Ambrose vs ? Miz? ( pre show IMO)
Shaq vs the Big Slow
Owens vs JeriGOAT

Last edited by Firenze on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:02 pm

M99 wrote:
fast lane and wm spoilers:

he is gonna get absolutely squashed in Lesnar time Laughing poor KO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:06 pm

I felt like that Rumble was their way of setting up Reigns vs Taker, they'll do Strowman vs Reigns at Fastlane.

Could be wrong though, i don't have a *bleep* clue what they are doing with Strowman for WM mind you.

AJ vs Shane seems like where they are going, because it's been teased ( AJ complaining about Elimination Chamber and that Cena didn't do anything to deserve a title shot to Shane) but Meltzer said it's not a lock atm so they could still go elsewhere.

Cena and Joe seems a certainty in my mind(although it depends if Bray actually wins like Meltzer said), i just don't see what else you can do unless you do a cross brand thing. Everyone else on Smackdown are doing other things.

The rest probably will happen, although i haven't a *bleep* clue what Ambrose is doing. I feel like there is a lot better matches for everyone on the card tbh lol, but WWE obviously think differently.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:07 pm

I thought that too regarding Taker and Reigns and Strowman vs Reigns at FL makes sense but I just think there has to be another element in the Berg vs Lesnar match, match will suck..although adding Taker probably won't help it that much, I just have a hard time seeing it being Lesnar vs Goldberg 1 on 1, plus regardless of their age that sounds like a dream match (in their prime) and it's still appealing on some level due to that now
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 pm

AJ should be main eventing Mania tbh. Kinda sucks, although him vs Shane would still be a big match in terms of publicity, feels like he's been carrying WWE for the last year, granted I haven't watched Smackdown besides some highlights, watched him on PPV's though and the general sentiment on message boards is that he's been the best thing in the WWE since he came, he's easily the best wrestler in the company and is a very entertaining heel. Can't really be too worried since he's had a run that most probably expected WWE not to give him since he came here regardless of his pedigree..but idk, just feel like he's earned the right to main event Mania.

Last edited by Firenze on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:12 pm

Taker looked *bleep* last night, i'm starting to feel like no matter who he was put in with the match itself would be a massive slog.

Plus as MT alluded to in chat, Reigns trying to carry the feud promo wise as Taker won't be there all the time rofl

Gonna be a car crash.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Firenze wrote:AJ should be main eventing Mania tbh. Kinda sucks, although him vs Shane would still be a big match in terms of publicity, feels like he's been carrying WWE for the last year, granted I haven't watched Smackdown besides some highlights, watched him on PPV's though and the general sentiment on message boards is that he's been the best thing in the WWE since he came, he's easily the best wrestler in the company and is a very entertaining heel. Can't really be too worried since he's had a run that most probably expected WWE not to give him since he came here regardless of his pedigree..but idk, just feel like he's earned the right to main event Mania.

I think i agree, but so did CM Punk before him and Bryan only did because the fans practically rioted. Laughing

I'm not particularly mad at it tbh, mainly because when he joined the company i expected an IC title at best. We got a 6 month world title reign, multiple wins over Cena etc etc.

I'm also ok with it because Orton in the Wyatt Family has been one of the most entertaining things going and if that culminates in Bray Wyatt looking like a *bleep* star then cool.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next