Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Well obviously I mean guys you push before that point, for example when Edge won the title from Cena after the chamber nobody really knew that was going to lead to what it did.

Not everyone is Bryan where they held him back for so long where it was obvious, some guys have to be pushed before the point.

Everyone gets to that point differently, but we'll see where it goes with Strowman. I'm satisfied with him so far though, just think being in a title match this WM is too early for him but we'll see.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:22 pm

Omega's recent interview (dunno if spoilerish)

Spoiler:

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:36 pm

His contract expires at Jan 31st. So there is exactly 0% chance he is appearing in the Rumble.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:51 pm

By the time Rumble airs, it'll probably be 31st Jan. in Japan
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjv19IXbi7Q&t=0s
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:13 am

The best pushes to establish a main eventer are those that are natural, that build up over time, and that they are at the peak of their popularity when they win the title. I actually have to agree and say when someone is over, you know they are over and have "it" and you need to strap a rocket up their arse and push them to the moon. As oppose to pushing someone when they're not over hoping they will get over. Too many times the title has been thrown too early to someone in hoping the title will get them over (re. Jack Swagger).

I've been reading some past Royal Rumble reviews and Batista's win and push in 2005 was as perfect as you could get that I don't know why it doesn't happen more often. It pretty much had everything going against Batista's push;

- Golden child Randy Orton's face run and clear plan for Orton vs HHH at Wrestlemania
- Batista was already 37 years old so not too many years left against both Cena and Orton who were years younger.
- I doubt anyone saw Batista as anything more than the muscle of the group

If this was booked today I could guarantee Orton would have won the rumble and faced HHH, Batista would have been relegated to midcard against Baron Corbin, and Batista and Orton would have not be as successful as they are now.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:27 am

Strowman isn't ready - He is just a big man doing fancy moves who has improved on the mic.

He still needs to get a lot better in in-ring psychology, selling. Big Show had had huge longevity as a giant who has done well in various storylines.

Steph & WWE machine are pushing RAW hard with Taker who is from SD @ Raw & not Lesnar-Goldberg are also @ Raw to boost RAW ratings as Reigns is a huge failure which they wouldn't admit!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:05 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Onyx wrote:Cena's lost a bit of credibility due to his losses in recent years. Needs to win at the rumble and also the chamber match going into WM imo.

Not really, he's Cena no matter what. Besides he's going to obviously drop the belt again shortly after Mania due to his obvious outside stuff so he's going to lose again.

When you are over, losing doesn't actually matter. I mean Styles losing to Ellsworth and not losing a lick of credibility should tell you all you need to know.

Only matters to people who are not over, you just get to a point where it just doesn't effect you.

I'm not against Cena winning btw, just saying that he doesn'tt necessarily need it.

Onyx wrote:
It's not like a legitimate superstar's being held down due to Cena/Reigns/Strowman possibly all winning at the rumble.

Oh and btw attitude like this is exactly the reason why for the last decade they haven't even attempted to create new stars.

I know we have been through this argument a million times but you have to realise that creating new stars takes time. Stone Cold after the i just kicked your ass promo took months before it finally took off( WWE wants you to believe he became a star overnight after that promo but it wasn't the case in the slightest) and they have only really started to push new people since the brand split.

Maybe they will fail and none of them will end up being stars but it's pointless assuming they won't and just continue to Roman push just because and is exactly the reason why we are where we are because they have been clinging onto Cena for the last decade and decided everyone else doesn't matter.

John Cena has more credibility than the Universal Title. Cena is approaching that Taker stage where feuding with him is as good as Title shot. Cena can take 10 more losses but will not lose any credibility !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:36 am

Looking at Raw it seems like they avoided giving things away as far as the Rumble is concerned.

One more Smackdown and we are in the clear lads cheers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:45 am

Taker, Goldberg and Lesnar in the ring at the same time. That larger than life moment. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:10 am

That seg beats anything SD has done over the past 7 months
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:16 am

Damn wish we could see Goldberg face Taker at Mania. After seeing that segment, that's the first thing that came to my mind.

That was the very first time Taker and Goldberg meet face to face. If Goldberg hadn't left in 2004, WM21 definitely could've had a Goldberg-Taker match up.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:19 am

But that was far from a goosebumps moment tho

Last legit goosebumps moment atleast for me was when Lesnar returned to wwe. Craziest pop ever.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:20 am

footyfan01 wrote:

John Cena has more credibility than the Universal Title. Cena is approaching that Taker stage where feuding with him is as good as Title shot. Cena can take 10 more losses but will not lose any credibility !

As a big name, yeh he's at that stage where feuding with him is the equivalent of competing for a world title. But in terms of winning ability, I think we can all agree he's no longer in his prime. I would have loved to have seen super Cena from 2005-2013 vs Taker with his streak. The fact that he lost to Owens and Del Rio clean in recent years is disturbing. He's gone from unbeatable Cena to a regular main eventer or even an upper mid carder in terms of winning ability.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:45 am

ES wrote:That seg beats anything SD has done over the past 7 months

I hope you are not serious lol, it's not even the best thing Raw has done in terms of great and entertaining segments to end a show. ( Hell it's not even the best Goldberg related segment lmao)

I don't even get hyped over it, it doesn't mean anything to me. It's 3 old part timers, staring at each other with no actual end game other than to get TV ratings and nothing will be pushed from it.

But i'm different, i don't care for these Goldberg segments in the slightest and they don't do anything for me. Because they are forced as hell, a feud which was born out of selling a video game is something i'm supposed to be invested in? Nah.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Goldberg and Undertaker in the same ring is something I dreamt of when Goldberg arrived in WWE. Shame we never got a Goldberg vs Biker Taker feud, that shit would be hype.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm

M99 wrote:Goldberg and Undertaker in the same ring is something I dreamt of when Goldberg arrived in WWE. Shame we never got a Goldberg vs Biker Taker feud, that shit would be hype.

Agreed.

It's actually amazing how much money they have left on the table with various feuds over the years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Granted with biker Taker, the promos would have been better in a feud with Goldberg but for the entrances alone, Taker with his phenom gimmick versus Goldberg would've been worth it.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:42 pm

I think we would have seen it if Goldberg stayed past WM 20.

Taker was feuding with Lesnar past Summerslam and then Mcmahon going into Survivor Series so he could come back as Phenom for WM 20.

Obviously Goldberg was feuding with HHH/Evolution and then the Lesnar stuff started.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Agreed.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:23 pm

You guys have to be trolling me lol.

Don't see what was so good about a segment of 3 old, part timers just staring at each other with no end game except Royal Rumble.

Raw is a absolutely terrible show but things I can think of which are better since the brand split straight of the top of my head are...

Orton invading Raw and RKOing Lesnar

Goldberg promo about Lesnar not only being next but last

HHH screwing Rollins and Reigns

Smackdown invading Raw

I'm sure there's more and that's just mentioning Raw, like I said it's not even Goldberg's best segment. Hell the segment where he and Reigns speared Strowman was more entertaining tbh.

Wrestling is completely subjective and I get that but I'm really not feeling the same way tbh. If they were all in prime and this was 2002 and leading to something (even then no because it wasn't really entertaining) then fair enough but it's just 3 guys gazing at each other with zero end game lol.

There's segments to get excited about even on shit shows but I'm really not seeing why this is, it does nothing for me personally.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Agree with Mole tbh.

For example I enjoyed Natalya's  promo on Nikki far more than this staredown of 3 legends. The former looked very natural. The latter looked forced to me.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:32 pm

I don't see how RAW being a bad show has anything to do with this, this has been already established, i said that seg was better than any seg SD has done over the months. Yeah a bunch of part timers, but they are big names wether you like it or not, and to me are special attractions, i got stimulated with the crowd
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm

ES wrote:I don't see how RAW being a bad show has anything to do with this, this has been already established, i said that seg was better than any seg SD has done over the months. Yeah a bunch of part timers, but they are big names wether you like it or not, and to me are special attractions, i got stimulated with the crowd

I mentioned the Raw segments i felt was better though.

Wasn't even a shining example of Raw high moments to me. If this was actually leading to something i think i'd feel better about it.

Usually staredowns are down to build hype to an upcoming match in a feud without giving people physical stuff before the actual match.

That isn't the case here, ignoring the Smackdown stuff i feel like there's multiple segments on Raw which have been more entertaining, tell a better story and build towards something more substantial.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Casciavit wrote:

Agreed.

Agreed too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Guys, Rollins won't be an entrant in RR?!
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next