Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:RG is still in better shape than most of the 20 year old jobbers around here anyway.

Can't wait for RG to eliminate like 15 people and then get eliminated by Ellsworth tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:31 pm

could be the best rumble in years hope it doesn't disappoint, mad talent available
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Its not next Sunday its the Sunday after (29th)

And yeah, i'm hyped AF
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:04 pm

We need the famed mt chat imo hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:47 pm

ES wrote:Its not next Sunday its the Sunday after (29th)

And yeah, i'm hyped AF

I consider that to be next Sunday and the Sunday coming up to be this Sunday imo hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:17 am

https://streamable.com/kj5v3

Kenny Omega speaking about WWE, NJPW and contract stuff.

I get the feeling he wants to stay and complete his goals and for him to go to WWE it would mean they would offer him something very interesting creative wise.

Money doesn't seem his motivating factor, at least according to him anyway. I think he wants to be treated like AJ basically lol.

@ES
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:59 am

Thats the thing man, AJ getting the push he had in 2016 is unheard of, why can't they do the same with Omega? In that vid he says he's not sending out feelers to anyone but expecting them, i think with this behaviour considered, that some part of him is interested in the WWE. Otherwise where would he go? TNA? ROH? lol nah
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 am

It's not unheard of. Ric Flair got the same push when he debuted in WWE in the 90s. In fact he also main evented Wrestlemania which AJ most likely won't do. AJ Styles was a huge name, someone even casuals knew. Only MT said that no one knows him and casuals probably think he is a relative of AJ Lee.

Omega clearly wants to complete a set of goals in NJPW before winning. There is no way in hell he is joining WWE before winning the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. I see him joining WWE within the next two years.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:01 pm

I still believe WWE casuals didn't really know much about him until he joined. Casuals don't watch NJPW or the indy's imo.

It's not like the 90's where you had 2 equally popular promotions going h2h. And when a top guy jumped ship to the other one, everyone would automatically know him.

That being said, in the current smark era, I wouldn't be surprised if a top indy name got a super push as soon as he joined.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:10 pm

AJ dint make his name based on NJPW alone though. He was a big star in TNA which was really popular at one point with even casuals liking the product to some extent.

I only know AJ because I used to watch TNA a while back where he was the face of their company.

I see myself as a casual and I really don't have much idea about Omega apart from him being a part of the Bullet club faction.

For me there's no doubt AJ was/is a bigger name when he came into WWE compared to Omega who will have the hype but not so much of the fame once he makes it to wwe.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 pm

They are not close to the same star level wise for one major reason.

AJ was on American TV for over a decade, Omega has spent most of his career in Japan and not seen much if any time on American TV.

Things like these matter and it's the reason why Omega has only really got hype in the last 18 months or so being part of the Bullet Club and then basically taking AJ's push when he left.

Stuff like this matters as NJPW isn't readily available to the American public ( it's improving) where as TNA and ROH have american TV deals where people can easily stumble across them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Anyway there's a few factors at play here.

The reason people rarely got pushed out the gate, even AJ didn't but he proved himself and came out of it the other side. ( it was reported by various people and AJ himself that he wasn't seen as anything but a midcard)

Is because Vince doesn't watch other promotions and gets other people to do that for him, that's according to Jericho anyway and tbh considering the juggernaut that is WWE and the time it probably takes to run i don't really blame him.

I do consider AJ to be a bit of a anomaly though, it's unlikely that most guys will come in and be mostly popular ( obviously some crowds are dead) and have the crowds chant his name and then make their no 1 guy look great and then have a great feud with Cena. ( you're basically a made man at that point)

So MT can say it's a smark era, but no other indy guy got pushed like that so soon without first coming through NXT. So until multiple guys get the same treatment we can't really treat it as a trend.

I would hope they get more of a push than in the past though, i have said repeatedly that i wish and believe Punk and Bryan should have not been *bleep* around for 3 or 4 years.

In terms of Omega though, the whole not being in the public eye like AJ does hurt him IMO. I'm not so sure he'll be as popular coming out of the gate and it might make them hold him back a bit more.

He does have two significant advantages though, he's younger and he's taller. Which allows for better long term prospects with Vince IMO, AJ basically has everything Vince wants except he's short and approaching 40.

But we'll see when that time comes, i'm starting to believe that his initial comments about WWE( Omega) where just comments to get eyes on him and the New Japan product going into Wrestle Kingdom and he will actually join them eventually.

But i do agree with M99 that it won't be this soon and think he wants to finish what he started with Okada.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:01 pm

S wrote:AJ dint make his name based on NJPW alone though. He was a big star in TNA which was really popular at one point with even casuals liking the product to some extent.

I only know AJ because I used to watch TNA a while back where he was the face of their company.

I see myself as a casual and I really don't have much idea about Omega apart from him being a part of the Bullet club faction.

For me there's no doubt AJ was/is a bigger name when he came into WWE compared to Omega who will have the hype but not so much of the fame once he makes it to wwe.

I agree that he was a big name in TNA, but I don't think TNA was ever popular enough for the majority of WWE casuals to care. Definitely not to the point where he'd walk into WWE and consistently be over with casual fans from day one. You'd need a WCW level promotion for that happen imo.

As for Omega, I think he'll be fine. He's got a larger than life character, mic skills, charisma etc. Won't have a problem connecting with the audience.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
I would hope they get more of a push than in the past though, i have said repeatedly that i wish and believe Punk and Bryan should have not been *bleep* around for 3 or 4 years.

They wouldn't have become as big as they did if they got a push before actually getting over imo.

Punk won a world title in 2008, but he looked completely out of place in the main event scene.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:16 pm

If i remember he looked out of place because how they treated him from a booking perspective(sounds familiar) they obviously didn't take him very seriously.

Obviously we wouldn't have had Bryan's big WM30 moment and we probably wouldn't have had the initial pipebomb, which are both great moments but i personally would have took them taking them seriously leading more entertaining TV over that time span than the moments.

Styles will likely never have those type of moments because of the early push, but i'd much rather have this than holding him back for 3 years just to get a few memorable moments at the end of it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:28 pm

And there's no guarantee that we'd get those moments from him either. hmm

Other indy guys like Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose etc are yet to do anything groundbreaking.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:36 pm

There's no guarantee of anything in life, which is why i'd prefer to be entertained for as long as possible instead of hoping a big moment came at the end just because. hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:15 pm

They are redesigning the IC and US title belts apparently.

Only thing that is known is they are not replica's of the logo like the other belts.

I can see why they'd want to redesign the US belt but IC belt should be left alone as it's only the only one which doesn't look like cheap crap.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Not gonna be impressed if they redesign the IC belt and end up making it look like a gimmicky trashy dean ambroce lunatic belt, basically make it a poverty hardcore title, just for who's holding it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Same, i personally wouldn't change anything about it but i hope it's not gonna be complete trash.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:35 am

I don't mind the WWE title design, but the undisputed title and the big gold belt were the best world title belts IMO. It doesn't help that the universal title, WWE title and both womens title look exactly the same.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:55 am

That WCW belt was amazing and it was the premium championship for sometime when HHH was champion.

It's prestige dropped when Swagger and all those other jabroni's held it during the late 2000's/early 2010's.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:12 pm

silver wrote:I don't mind the WWE title design, but the undisputed title and the big gold belt were the best world title belts IMO. It doesn't help that the universal title, WWE title and both womens title look exactly the same.

It's because they are obsessed with branding which is a shame.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zml05VinDVk

I wouldn't be mad at how he'd have it ending tbh, even i think there's some pointless early guys IMO who i'd rather not see tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:56 pm

That is quite incredible and well thought out, i wouldn't mind it one bet if Jericho wins. Especially that Samoa Joe v Lesnar staredown, holy f*ck does that need to happen so badly. However, i'd like to see Balor featured in some form
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 am

ES wrote:That is quite incredible and well thought out, i wouldn't mind it one bet if Jericho wins. Especially that Samoa Joe v Lesnar staredown, holy f*ck does that need to happen so badly. However, i'd like to see Balor featured in some form

Aye, there's a few i'd like to have seen in his analysis tbh. A few early on could have been used for other people IMO. But i can't really complain how he would book the last 10 or so guys, also if i were to knitpick while i agree with him on the Zayn and Strowman thing i think he blew his load on it a bit too early.

That's very slight knitpicking though and in general if it happened anything like that i'd be happy.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next