halamadrid2
Valkyrja
The Demon of Carthage
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Real Madrid v Éibar - Page 4 Empty Re: Real Madrid v Éibar

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:33 pm

I'm going to say this, and you'll have to excuse me if I come across a little blunt.

As far as I'm concerned, you've lost all your credibility as a poster. The fact that you tend to stubbornly stick to your ludicrous bias with all your might and come up with ridiculous excuses to appease your own conscience and help yourself sleep at night, and stave off constructive and well-argumented criticism against Z and anything with the word French on it, is beyond laughable.

A Real Madrid fan, a true one, is here to support the club, and if anything messes with its well-being, they should make sure to point it out. You, on the other hand, you'd gladly watch Real Madrid burn and crumble to the ground as long as Z is in charge and there are many french players in the team.

Even when we're talking transfers, most of the time, you recommend french players. Even after Pogba went to United, you couldn't rest two seconds on your laurels before popping up again to recommend Sissoko.

I'm really, really, really sorry and I apologize in advance if I hurt you or came across a little strong. But dammit enough is enough, what you're doing is completely ridiculous.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:33 pm

I think we played our best when it was Bale/Vasquez/Morata. It wasn't incredible... but it was functional and they were all putting in the effort and playing like a team.

With the return of our "galacticos", our attack has gone down the toilet.

I thought we needed to end the cycle with some of our players last season. But the CL win gave these guys another year... and they are over the hill.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:35 pm

DoC Laughing

We won CL and are 1 point out of first place in La Liga. What the hell are you talking about Laughing We just ended the longest winning streak in Real Madrid history and tied to longest one in La Liga history.

You guys want to burn the place down on Oct 2 with this? I actually throw it right back at you... what kind of fan are you lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:35 pm

The dropped points coincides with ZZ deciding to field players on status and not on merit. To start the season Kova did an excellent job vs Sociedad, Lucas continued to be great, Nacho was solid as always. Then our injured players come back and off goes Lucas to the back of the queue, Kova couldn't even get on the bench and ZZ prefers playing a RB at LB when Nacho is fully capable to take care of that position himself. Without Casemiro the most logical choice was to play Kova yet ZZ even played Asensio there over him and he only got to play today because James got injured

We were doing alot better when ZZ benched the "names" and started the most inform players. Until he gets back to doing that we will continue to lose points.

Oh and we need Casemiro back pronto. We couldn't win any headers today and got bullied off the ball with ease. At least 4 of the 6 goals we have conceded would have been avoided with him on the pitch.

I nearly punched the monitor when their players just pushed the ball past Kroos on the wing and then did the same against Danilo only to get tackled by Nacho. What kind of sissy attitude is that. Casemiro slidetackles that guy 10/10 times to win the ball back. And people tried to tell me we'd be better without him smfh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:42 pm

@Hala...  you realize that Rafa got the job over Zidane because Zidane wouldn't cater to the star players in Castilla.  So when Flo finally offered him the job, it was a clear condition that he manage our galacticos.  

I don't think any Real Madrid manager has the ability to bench the more marketable players on the team.  It's bad economics.  The manager needs to get results with these guys even if they don't perform.

Heck, he got a lot of heat for benching Isco and James when we dropped points like crazy at the start of his tenure.  He cannot bench Ronaldo.  The only one he can realistically bench is Benzema.

And tbh, I think Danilo has been pretty good at LB.  That hasn't been our problem.  The issue is that Casemiro went down so our midfield defense collapsed.  And then Modric went down and our midfield control/creavity (the little we had) collapsed.  Add to that, other than Bale, BBC has been crap.

It's early in the season though.  This is the time to go through this stuff so you can make the adjustments.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:43 pm

danilo has been garbage. our left wing is plain dead without marcelo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:46 pm

Marcelo was bigger garbage. I actually think I'm seeing an effective cross or two coming from the left Laughing

We've played with poor left back performances since February.... which is when Marcelo's play went down the toilet after a very good start last season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:49 pm

i'm not saying z should be fired or anything like that. i still feel some of these players have passed their sell by date. and i also know new coaches want new player which can't be done with the ban. but zidane has to start adopting some new ideas, i get the feeling we'll only see new things if players get injured. if not its the same old story over and over again. you are absolutely right sports, we've had injuries...but come on, isco as the one of the first backups is ridiculous at this point

anytime i see that guys name on the team sheet i cringe, understandably "who else do we have right"? you've got isco being one of the first subs and i'm more impressed with the work kova puts in. what zidane must do is make players hungry. start looking at performance; btw he'll have to find a way to get the best out of bale even with cristiano around.

bale's playing well, but i honestly think that right flank is limiting him. played well today, but sometimes the final ball from that right side was meh. he's not robben to consistently cut in and shoot, not beckham/figo to run down the side and cross with his right, not di maria to cut in and pass....but you see he has what it takes to be better, from a provider standpoint, not necessarily as a 40 goal a season guy. and that's not as a right sided forward
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:Marcelo was bigger garbage. I actually think I'm seeing an effective cross or two coming from the left Laughing

We've played with poor left back performances since February.... which is when Marcelo's play went down the toilet after a very good start last season.

we've played without a striker since February, not without a left-back. marcelo has been our creative outlet for years. danilo crossing ? the only cross he put today went behind eibar's goal
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:55 pm

I agree. I actually wanted Vasquez on the right and Bale on the left with Benzema being dropped. Just put CR as the CF.

Didn't realize that Vasquez was injured lol.

Ronaldo and Benzema are in such horrendous form right now that it's TNT'd our attack. Before Ronaldo's return, the attack keyed off of Bale's movements. Since Bale moved around a lot, the offense was dynamic. Now the offense is keying off of Ronaldo. He's like a statue most times so our offense looks static.

Will Ronaldo accept that we key our offensive movement off of Bale as opposed to him? No way and we both know it. I'm not sure what Zidane can do without fracturing the locker room.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:59 pm

okay, Valkyrja lol, this is a bit out of hand. marcelo was NOT going to win us this game. i saw danilo putting in some good tackles at the back, especially one incident when he was even frustrated at the space the midfield gave the winger. he was off in one instant when nacho came with a nice lunge/slide tackle, i was like "where was danilo"? but other than that he was okay. with marcelo nacho would have had to play cb and lb

i get marcelo brings things offensively, but that's in games where we clearly have the upper hand. if you think marcelo's going to be the guy to turn the tide around when we are losing with his lousy crosses, and shifting back to his left (which gives defenders ample time to regroup) cos he knows he can't shoot for shit with the right, then you're joking, marcelo's not all that. and he's not the reason for our form. let's not make him a martyr

neither is ramos, nor modric, cos we've been wobbly for quite a bit. as far as marcelo being the creative outlet, he's our best dribbler, i've said that for years. but that's a knock on our forwards than a praise on marcelo. its not like you're comparing him to other guys who dribble. lol the guys we're comparing him to pass the ball for the most part immediately someone is in front of them....except bale who tries to go at players. but marcelo isn't even a great passer, nor a great crosser. i can't remember him assisting on a bunch of crosses last season. lucas is a much better crosser than marcelo is.....much better
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:I agree. I actually wanted Vasquez on the right and Bale on the left with Benzema being dropped. Just put CR as the CF.

Didn't realize that Vasquez was injured lol.

Ronaldo and Benzema are in such horrendous form right now that it's TNT'd our attack. Before Ronaldo's return, the attack keyed off of Bale's movements. Since Bale moved around a lot, the offense was dynamic. Now the offense is keying off of Ronaldo. He's like a statue most times so our offense looks static.

Will Ronaldo accept that we key our offensive movement off of Bale as opposed to him? No way and we both know it. I'm not sure what Zidane can do without fracturing the locker room.

Sports it's like people here don't understand football. That is the biggest thing. Unless the culture at Madrid changes noone will succeed there. Having Tuchel won't make R and Benzema suddenly press and get into position consistently over 90 minutes.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:12 pm

i like that point jibers, however, zidane needs to really do something drastic. if a player isn't playing well, you can't keep starting him. if bale looks to be the guy who always wants the ball, always looks to make things happen, you have to slowly shift the balance of power towards him. if there are guys on the bench, slobbering at the chance for an opportunity, putting in good shifts, you can't keep playing people like isco

he needs to instill some level of competition within the group. competition never hurt anybody. the rhetoric of certain players will always play only works when those players are at their absolute best. i keep reading that certain players aren't 100 percent, BUT they're starting? when there are alternatives? isco was horrendous today, as he has been for much of his time here at madrid....but i have feeling he'll continue to get plenty minutes
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Remember when I mentioned that, based on what I heard,  Zidane wasn't very keen on signing Morata and keeping James?   This is what happens when you force players on a manager.

You have too many people that need to agree on a transfer for something to happen... with Flo being the one who makes the final call obviously. Hence, nothing happened. Our transfer system is obviously broken.

We went from buying and selling players like it was nothing... to not doing anything. There's a happy medium somewhere Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:24 pm

titosantill wrote:i like that point jibers, however, zidane needs to really do something drastic. if a player isn't playing well, you can't keep starting him. if bale looks to be the guy who always wants the ball, always looks to make things happen, you have to slowly shift the balance of power towards him. if there are guys on the bench, slobbering at the chance for an opportunity, putting in good shifts, you can't keep playing people like isco

he needs to instill some level of competition within the group. competition never hurt anybody. the rhetoric of certain players will always play only works when those players are at their absolute best. i keep reading that certain players aren't 100 percent, BUT they're starting? when there are alternatives? isco was horrendous today, as he has been for much of his time here at madrid....but i have feeling he'll continue to get plenty minutes

Okay, let's say Zidane does this, what do you think CR will do while he is still the highest paid player? He is also a far bigger personality than Bale and has his clique in the dressing room. It's not as simple as simply shifting the team to do what Zidane wants. He needs to keep the senior players on his side because that's what ended Mou's reign and why Rafa despite Varane and Bale doing well, was ultimately not liked by key players. Madrid should not renew Crs contract but that will never happen. If he renews, Madrid will be like this for the next few seasons.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:35 pm

i'm not concerned about cr, my point was not primarily about him, i have no problems with him starting. bale can still be the go to guy, and cr still score goals. infact, i think it works. when i say the balance of power should be shifted that way, i don't mean bale should start taking PKs and things like that, but he needs to have the ball at his feet more, cristiano gets the ball and just passes it pretty much. bale tries to make plays, cristiano can benefit from that. its not mutually exclusive. hell cristiano isn't 26 anymore

and btw the competition thing has little to do with cristiano, he'll score goals, that much we know. but i see guys like kovacic people like lucas putting in good shifts. they're not rivaling cristiano for a spot. and isco still plays. like come on

morata, he's not rivaling cristiano for a spot...although i feel zidane might have to think outside the box with him. i'm not confident in him as a cf, but he brings in pace into our game. all i'm saying is z needs to think outside the box to get us out of this rot. NO, we are not going to play joga bonito or anything fancy, we don't have the team for that. but certain players need some fire lit under them to get them going

and if benzema isn't fit (which is what i hear people say), then why play him? that i think sends the wrong message. if he's not fit let him gain fitness first. although i think he's fit, not looking sharp and not being fit are two different things. i maintain some level of competition has to be promoted, even when injured players return. especially when we are playing this lethargically

Last edited by titosantill on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:39 pm

@jibbers, what's really funny is, i don't think bale played all that great under rafa. the best he's been with us was the middle to the end in ancelotti's first season, and he still didn't look like bale from tottenham even then. he got some hattricks against the likes of depor and maybe malmo/getafe under rafa, but i didn't see anything special in him then. i mean he was still less than stellar against some of the better sides.....
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:41 pm

@tito... Zidane wants to force Flo to make certain moves. I know Bill goes crazy when I say this: But a lot of the moves he wanted didn't happen, one of which was getting another top level striker.

ZZ doesn't like Morata. It's pretty simple.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:41 pm

@Tito... Bale was fantastic under Rafa.  He, Benzema and Marcelo were the only bright spots.

If you remember, Bale was extremely angry when Rafa got fired.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:DoC Laughing

We won CL and are 1 point out of first place in La Liga.  What the hell are you talking about Laughing  We just ended the longest winning streak in Real Madrid history and tied to longest one in La Liga history.

You guys want to burn the place down on Oct 2 with this?  I actually throw it right back at you... what kind of fan are you lol.

We won the CL thanks to a lucky draw. We wouldn't even have gotten past the round of 16 had we met a heavyweight, and you would be lying to yourself if you thought otherwise.

And even then, I thought Z had done enough to deserve another year at the helm, only to watch him tear down Real Madrid brick by brick with every passing game.

Anyone with an IQ superior to 80 points would look at us and conclude that we're clueless tactically. Even back when everybody was still fit, we still played unattractive and deeply flawed football, excessively relying on individual talent, crosses, set-pieces and luck to bail us out with no system, strategy or plan whatsoever.

And instead of blaming the man behind all this, you choose the easy way out to blame it all on injuries and/or Ronaldo.

Newsflash, if it wasn't for Ronaldo, we wouldn't even have gotten past Wolfsburg, and consequently we wouldn't have won the CL, not with that horrendous performance Z put together. And if it wasn't for Ronaldo's goal, Dortmund would've won on Tuesday.

Even today, if it wasn't for Ronaldo's assist, Z would've lost against Eibar at the Bernabeu.

Now, do I think Ronaldo is finished? Yes, I do. But whatever talent he has left is surely saving Z's ass countless times from the embarrassment of defeat.

Your problem is that you're trying so hard, and unsuccessfully, to shift the blame from Z by throwing a scapegoat in the mosh pit every time we drop points. Anybody, anything, just not Z. And I'm pretty sure even if Ronaldo hadn't played, you would've blamed it on somebody else, but not Z.

But the truth is, the main cause behind our lackluster, disorganized and tactically bereft football is Z, not to mention that pathetic joke for a CF Benzema. He kept saying all summer that the squad was perfect and it was impossible to improve on it. He didn't even bother to buy a back-up for Case. But I'm sure you're going to blame Flo here and say that Z had nothing to do with it even though you have no proof to back up your claim.

But you want the truth? This is the first summer Flo didn't go crazy, and it just so happens that it coincides with Z being in charge. Our inactivity in the transfer window is all on Z and he has only himself to blame for not improving on it with a transfer ban pending.

Your standards are plummeting every day. It used to be "We're European Champion and are on a winning streak of 16 games in a row". Then it became :"Losing the streak was bound to happen, the players have grown arrogant, but now that our guys have been brought down to earth, they'll starting winning again. Relax, we're European Champion and still top of the table". And finally, now you're saying "Relax, we're just one point behind the league toppers, and it's only October".

All I see here is someone whose idolization of the coach and bias towards anything with the word French on it has rendered him immune to logic and blinded him from seeing things as they truly lay around him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:44 pm

we won the CL...  how many CLs have we won in the the last 50 years?  Exactly 5.  

Lucky Laughing  Every single CL winner got lucky during their run.  But they put themselves in a situation to get lucky, which is the key.

You're being very clueless here with someone who talks about IQ Laughing You don't win that trophy and beat those records if you're tactically poor. You may not like the tactics, which is the issue.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Thanks for reading and responding to the entirety of my post. This is my last reply to you. Say whatever you want and keep telling yourself anything to help you sleep at night.

The rest of us will continue to believe that Z isn't a good coach and doesn't deserve to be managing Real Madrid. Have a good day.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:46 pm

Laughing Thumbs up
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:53 pm

@sports i remember bale was angry, but i didn't find any of those players fantastic under rafa. they all played well against malmo depor and getafe, one of which was a game bale scored 5. to benzema's credit he had a good game against atleti under rafa before arbeloa and isco extremely f***ed up and saw us lose a vital two points. but in games like sevilla, villareal, the first league game, and ofcourse that horrendous clasico, none of them was anything special. nobody on our team was 'great' under rafa

unless we are using the word 'great' loosely. if by 'great' we mean they didn't play as bad as the other players, who for the most part were terrible then i'd say okay. but if by great you mean bale played close to his tottenham type days, then, no, i'm sorry he didn't. all those players you mentioned, except marcelo who was rotating with coentrao, where miles miles better in the middle of the season in ancelotti's first year...not at the start, but from say november till after the spanich cup in carlo's first year
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:57 pm

@tito. I actually thought those guys were individually really good. They were playing up to expectations. As a collective, we were mostly awful. But we did manage to win games and get points because of those guys mostly.

Remember that Ronaldo was a complete no show while Rafa was the manager.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:08 pm

sports, they were playing well against malmo. remember i complained about it. the posts on that season are still here, they haven't been deleted. plus, we had that thing of name the top 3 players for every game. under rafa, in games that meant something, none of those players had their names listed. i'd even go as far as to say that, even games where they all raped the stat sheet, keylor and modric were still nominated ahead of them in most of those games. remember it was in that season i got infuriated and said we should overhaul the team. cos we barely went in the market that year, i don't think we even signed anyone, maybe besides danilo

so nope, the rhetoric of how good they were slowly changed when some people wanted to justify rafa being right about one thing or the other. nobody set the stage alight in that period. benzema scored, i think he had 11 come middle of the season, but we've seen a much better benzema, bale and marcelo at madrid, than what rafa provided. i think i even preferred bale in the latter part of the season. i preferred him stepping up against city and i think rayo, (When we needed a late goal) than when he was scoring 5 against hapless sides that we were going to massacre regardless. i think he even had a good showing in the second clasico
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next