shadexticos
titosantill
VanDeezNuts
The Demon of Carthage
halamadrid2
22 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 4 Empty Re: Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue 09 Aug 2016, 22:51

Goal denied what the?

FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 4 Empty Re: Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla

Post by guest7 Tue 09 Aug 2016, 22:52

Gawd please don't its like arguing with a brick

Not only are we playing much more fluidly we are even defending better. Subbing out kova and isco changed the game
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:06

So close! the goal is at the tip our dicks
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:14

okay carvajal i didnt see that coming
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:17

Our captain and future captain winning the Super Cup for us Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:18

And you guys wonder why I rate Carvajal so high. Good game, shame for sevilla but thems the sticks.

We need to do better but this win will set the tone for our campaign.

Euro super cup secured.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:19

I don't know what Zidane has done... but since he took over, our team fights and fights and fights.

Before he took over, we NEVER won games like this. You have to go to the VDB to find Real Madrid with this kind of grit and we weren't this resilient even back then imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:20

thats zidane specialty, zidane took the best from mou, ancelotti and turned it into zidane.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:28

ahaha...we won? I can't believe this...I was streaming but the connection was so slow, I broke my phone out of anger....not all of it tho...lol..
from the little I saw, asensio scored a replica of mariano's goal
isco was reaaaaaly running and hassling the opponents
zidane played asensio on d left..isnt he spose to be on the right
casemiro was fouling every one even his team mates
morata was anonymous...
ramos was a blockhead and also the saviour.
I barely watched a cumulative 20 mins tho.

someone please summarize the match and their ratings

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:51

positives-
1. players willing to fight more to get a result; let's hope it shows in the league. you can get away with this against worse teams in cup competitions because of the extra time. but when sides know all they have to do is sit back and get a draw, you can feel the devil bite your ass

2. good games from carvajal, lucas, asensio. however i'd like to see asensio help on the defensive end every now and again, he's not cristiano. but good game, you have to admire bold young players. he needs to cherish any few minutes he gets if he wants to stay here though. lucas was good too, dangerous crosses; i felt that chance he got from benzema's pass should have been a chip not a shot.

carvajal, good goal, good play on the first goal, and good on both sides of the floor, something marcelo needs to watch. defending is included in the job description of a full back
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:58

marcelo kills me tito... our defenders' "mistakes" often happen because he either gives up an uncontested cross or he's just not there so Ramos slides over and the back 3 (not 4) have big gaps between them.

He's lucky we have WC centerbacks and Zidane put in a DM or we'd just leak goals.

I really don't like him at all. So overrated it's disgusting.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:59

negatives
shambolic defending as we we have grown accustomed to at madrid. anytime a player has the ball in danger zones one just expects the worse. marcelo should have provided a bit of help for ramos just before that ramos' usual foul give-away.

the holding midfield wasn't spectacular, but i didn't care too much about it cos i know we'd have to be in some crazy injury or suspension crisis to field a trio of isco, kovacic, and casemiro...i'd like a back up dm real quick if not casemiro will get gassed out (and no, not sissoko, lol sorry sport)

morata...if this guy keeps playing this way, zidane will have no choice but to always bench him, and we could end up burning benzema out again at the end of the season. watching him out there felt like we were playing with one man down. i hope this investment yields something, cos he looked clueless in my opinion
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 10 Aug 2016, 00:08

@sportsczy, i like marcelo, but if he's not going to learn how to be disciplined at this stage, who knows. having him and ramos is extremely tough because you know the risks you're getting into with them. but you also know what they can provide- especially with ramos who somehow has made a thing of exonerating himself with big goals. its like all we can do is tolerate them and hope someone in the back, maybe pepe or navas can yell at them, especially at marcelo, when he forgets he is supposed to be a left back not a left winger. thing is, everyone of our defenders have issues
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 10 Aug 2016, 00:09

@Shade

First half was reminiscent of the CL final. Game startdd off by both teams being very cautious. Defending with alot of numbers and attacking with little. Then came the goal which was a beauty from Asensio and kind of unexpected. After that we defended in our half and Sevilla had the momentum. Though they didn't create anything but they were passing the ball fluidly between their players evading our pressing impressively. They scored a goal out of nowhere with was a result of a series if mistakes starting with Marcelo (any surprise?) lunging in missing the ball leaving his flank bare. I wouldn't call anyone poor in the first half as i felt we were very solid, defended as a team and only let in one chance which was the goal. We also create 2 very good chances but they were either straight at the keeper or blocked for a corner. Morata i think should have made himself more available on crosses but i feel he did really well on the ball, holding up the ball and finding good passes to start attacks

Second half started with all the momentum towards Sevilla as they searched for a goal while they had all the momentum. We were losing most of the 2nd balls, and got bullied off the ball easily. Still they didn't create much. ZZ made some changes to freshen up the team abit and it backfired as Vitolo had a free run vs Ramos with no Isco there to help out. Lord knows where Modric was who should've helped out. The penalty imo was bs because Ramos pulled his leg away still it's Ramos and he has carefully built his reputation brick by brick. After they'd scored it was all us, they tried to counter but Casemiro and our defenders did eeally well to intercept all balls in their half so that we could start attacks quicker. Our players were getting frustrated and started fouling and moaning. We scored out of nowhere after Rico misjudged the ball having been excellent all game and Ramos put us level. After that Rip Sevilla because we were bombarding their penalty area and you ciuld sense they felt they'd lose. Kibd of like Atleti felt in ET and penalties

Ratings:

Kiko 6.5- solid game. Didn't have much to do, nothing much he could have done for the goal
Carvajal 10- no explanations necessary
Varane7.5- Akthough I feel he is partly to blame for the goal i feel he was excellent today. He won all areal duels and covered for both Ramos and Marcelo
Ramos 8- he is a nobhead no doubt but that goal ffs :bow: also his ball technique is excellent always makes a penetrative pass when he gets the ball. I think that part of his game is really underrated
Marcelo 5.5- not his best game. Anything dangerous was coming from his side and he didn't help out enough in attack either. Poor
Kovacic 6.5- othrs might not agree but i felt he was good today. Still makes some boneheaded passes right in front of our box but he was runing and pressing all game and that burst of speed ffs
Casemiro 7- Started off slowly by losing balls and getting pushed aside but grew into the game. By 2nd half the Casemiro we all admire and love
IscoDisco 7- Thought he worked extremely hard, created chances and had some chances himselx which he took really well. Happy with his performance
Asensio 9- Excellent game. There were periods he was quiet but i have to say i was pleasantly surprised by his display. Always made himself available for a pass. Excellent descision making and tracked back. The one time he did a Ronaldo we conceded a pk. Hope he remembers that
Lucas 7- Took him an eternity to get into the game. Constantly got fouled by the Sevilla players. We got what we expected from him. Hardwork and clutch. By the end of the game he was probably Motm but that was only for 30 mins Laughing love him though.
Morata 7- Didn't get any chances. Did really well on long balls and balls quickly played to his feet. Didn't lose any balls and helped us attack. However his runs in the box were weird. Either he'd back out when it was better to run in or he'd run behind to thd back post when the near post was better. Though this will come to him with experience

Subs:
Modric 7- Did what he always does which was to spray the ball around
Benzema 6.5- Disnt think he had an impact on the game unfortunately. Looked like a forced sub that anything else. He clearly wasn't ready
James 6.5- I admire him trying but it's not working out for him unfortunately. You can tell hiw talented he is when he creates chances like he did for Modric. But i dont think that's enough unfortunately
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 10 Aug 2016, 00:14

Morata was terrible Hala... he's exactly what he was when he left Madrid. Absolutely no progress. Namely, his movements aren't good for a 9. Just doesn't read situations well enough.

Even playing at 40%, Benz created chances and made the movements at least... slower than usual, but he made them. For example, Ramos was open on his goal because of the near post run by Benz that the keeper covered as he was ahead of the defender.

Morata has just got to play his role better. It's not even about scoring a ton of goals. It's about making the defenders move.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 10 Aug 2016, 00:16

I feel when he left us his ball technique was quite poor. He seems to have improved on that. His movements in the box i feel will improve when he fets used to playing with these players. He doesn't look on the same wavelength as our other attackers yet
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 10 Aug 2016, 00:17

hala i didn't expect that from you, i'm with you on most of the ratings even though some are a bit high. i mean carvajal was good, but a ten? come on. still i can understand that, since the game just ended

however, morata 7 and benzema 6.5? morata did nothing all day. i'd have gone benzema 6.5/7 and morata 3. we looked more dangerous with a half fit benzema out there than morata. i watched the game feeling like we had a red card. benzema had that pass to lucas, which was an amazing pass. or maybe not lucas maybe it was to james. where james didn't get as good a hit as he'd have liked. i can't remember now who gave the pass to lucas on the chance the goalie saved

there's a reason why zidane took morata off, wasn't to give him rest, but he wasn't anywhere to be found
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 10 Aug 2016, 00:34

@tito, tbh as you said 10 is probably stretching it but he was immaculate that's what i was trying to get across

Re Morata and Benz ratings. I felt both could have done better but i took into account our conservative tactics when rating Morata. Even Ronaldo would've looked underwhelming. I felt he did well whenever he got the ball which was rare and he did well to take balls down on gk and long balls
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed 10 Aug 2016, 03:23

No hala morata was better because his name is not benzema, just like how isco get auto motm from you just for the sake of it, stop with the agenda posting.

Makes this section laughable Laughing.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed 10 Aug 2016, 09:14

Chad can literally copy and paste all of his posts, and it would have the same impact.

"butthurt about Benzema criticism"

"Isco is overrated"

"degrade supposed bias towards certain players"

"laughing smiley"

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed 10 Aug 2016, 09:19

Don't forget

"This forum Laughing "
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 10 Aug 2016, 09:56

Casemiro for me remains the weak link in our 11. Probably the best DM in the world when it comes to defending but God so many turnovers. Very weak under pressure. We can upgrade on him imo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by falcao0405 Wed 10 Aug 2016, 10:27

Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 4 Tumblr_obnyp9Bd181qesncyo1_500
Real Madrid have added the UEFA Super Cup to their Champions League crown after Dani Carvajal's wonderful solo goal in extra-time beat Sevilla.
Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 4 Real_Madrid_3-2_Sevilla_%25283%2529
Bale's absence in particular means Zidane will have to rethink how to provide support for the attack, and the opening in the starting XI is a big opportunity for one of the frustrated would-be stars of the squad to show his worth in an important match: James Rodriguez.
Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 4 Real_Madrid_3-2_Sevilla_%25284%2529

Ramos had allowed Sevilla to take the lead in the second half when he tripped up Vitolo in the box for a penalty, but he redeemed himself with a 93rd-minute header.

You can always rely on Sergio Ramos. So much changes in football in the summer months – managers and players switching clubs and even leagues, but Real Madrid's captain is a comforting constant in the game.
Uefa Super Cup| Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Page 4 Tumblr_obnwoaOuIB1qiy96so1_r1_500
falcao0405
falcao0405
Prospect
Prospect

http://www.camisetasequipos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 10 Aug 2016, 10:42

@Valkyrja, with that defense, i doubt casemiro is even close to being the weak point. i'm with you, he has issues with regards ball retention at times (let's not act like he turns it over all the time), but one never knows what to expect when mr. marcelo bombs forward and forgets to get back, not to mention that he too turns the ball over with those ridiculous crosses of his

then you've got captain ramos, who i expect will get his usual tally of yellows and reds this season; i just pray it isn't in a clasico or important ucl game. has ramos even had a whole season with us where he never got a red? i'm not even going to ask about yellows.

you don't know which pepe or varane will show up at times. varane himself has looked a bit shaky for a bit now. with that backline, i'd say casemiro isn't that big of a concern. at this stage ramos and marcelo need a huge miracle to become sensible....the kind of miracle that cured pepe's madness (even though sometimes he still shows flashes of it)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 10 Aug 2016, 11:31

After all the big games Ramos won for us you people still find reasons to criticize him. The man is a legend, get over it. And yes, Casemiro is very shaky on the ball. Have been saying for months that he is good but we can do better.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed 10 Aug 2016, 11:47

its not about 'finding reasons to criticize'. when you bash a cb for not being able to shoot the ball well, or for his poor dribbling skills, that's finding reasons to criticize. all i ask for ramos are basic defensive duties with unnecessary cards. i respect ramos for his heart, and the ucl goals, but i hope he can relax with the cards. its a very fair criticism.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next