http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gervinho-completes-his-move-to-arsenal

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Gervinho Empty Re: Gervinho

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Gervinho Zp_Gervinho_13_110706PAFC_4122 Gervinho Zp_Gervinho_Song_2_110706PAFC_7159
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Arsenal.com wrote: Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Ivory Coast international forward Gervinho has finalised his switch to the Gunners, joining the Club on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

Gervinho, 24, arrives at Arsenal from French side Lille, with the paperwork surrounding his move now approved. The Ivorian helped Lille to a Ligue 1 and Coupe de France double last season, scoring 18 goals in 49 games in all competitions.

The campaign capped a very successful two years for Gervinho, during which time he netted 36 times in his 93 appearances for Les Gogues. Before joining Lille, Gervinho enjoyed two seasons with Le Mans, also in Ligue 1.

On the international stage, Gervinho captained the Ivory Coast in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing and also represented his country at the 2010 World Cup, scoring twice in just three substitute appearances during qualification to the finals. To date, Gervinho has made 27 appearances in total for Les Eléphants, scoring six goals.

The forward, who came through the same Ivorian youth academy - ASEC Mimosas - as Emmanuel Eboue, before following in the right-back’s footsteps to join Belgian side KSK Beveren, will immediately join up with his new team mates for pre-season training.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Gervinho is a player that can play in a number of positions up front. He can play on the right, on the left and through the middle. He has qualities that I find very important, like his movement off the ball. He has the qualities we like technically. He is good one against one, he is strong and was the best provider in the French league with assists and he scored 15 goals. I think he is a very good addition to the squad.”

After completing his move to the Gunners, Gervinho said: “It’s a great feeling to be an Arsenal player. I’m very happy. I’ve always dreamed to play for this Club. I’ve achieved this dream now and I am so happy. It’s one of the most beautiful days of my life.

“I’m very happy to have the chance to work with Arsène Wenger. I came here because I believe that he can improve my game and help me reach another level, but the most important thing for me is that I bring a lot to the team for whom I’m playing.”

I'v been waiting for those pics FOREVER lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Quality player. Wanted him at Juventus ever since I saw his performance at the World Cup. Great pickup for the Gunners in my opinion.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:08 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Quality player. Wanted him at Juventus ever since I saw his performance at the World Cup. Great pickup for the Gunners in my opinion.

Yes you are right, and there wont be a pressure on him, the price for him was really good. I am really happy that he joined Arsenal and turned down big money Man city.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down