Lucifer
Winter is Coming
Kaladin
Cruijf
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If I were a talented teenage player, I would like to play under ____ the most - Page 2 Empty Re: If I were a talented teenage player, I would like to play under ____ the most

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 12 Feb 2016, 22:44

I started this thread to hype Poch's record with the youth (Kane, Delle Alli, Dier, Trippier, Ryan Mason... pretty soon all of England will be Spurs players) but the more I think about it there is only really one possible answer: Bielsa. If you listen to the way his former players talk about him he has left a lasting impact, not only in their professional life but also on a personal level. Look at what Payet had to say about him:

Payet wrote:I am one of the players who have learned a lot with Marcelo Bielsa. What he gave me in one season, I know it will serve me for the rest of my career but also my life. He gave me a lesson in football, but also a man's lesson. Humanly, it's quite a character. When you worked with him, you come away different, for sure.

Is it any wonder he is now one of the PL's best players? hmm

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

If I were a talented teenage player, I would like to play under ____ the most - Page 2 Empty Re: If I were a talented teenage player, I would like to play under ____ the most

Post by CBarca Fri 12 Feb 2016, 22:47

BC Proud

Was going to come in here and say the obvious answer is Pep (and for me, it still is Pep, because I love the man), with my second choice being Poch, and third being Bielsa.

As I thought more about it, I realized that my answer should really be Pep first, Bielsa second and then Poch.

But under all three you would be set, obviously. I do agree Bielsa needs more love here
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 12 Feb 2016, 22:51

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I started this thread to hype Poch's record with the youth (Kane, Delle Alli, Dier, Trippier, Ryan Mason... pretty soon all of England will be Spurs players) but the more I think about it there is only really one possible answer: Bielsa. If you listen to the way his former players talk about him he has left a lasting impact, not only in their professional life but also on a personal level. Look at what Payet had to say about him:

Payet wrote:I am one of the players who have learned a lot with Marcelo Bielsa. What he gave me in one season, I know it will serve me for the rest of my career but also my life. He gave me a lesson in football, but also a man's lesson. Humanly, it's quite a character. When you worked with him, you come away different, for sure.

Are you seriously giving him credit for Kane and Delli Ali lol? Dier is fair enough and the others are complete irrelevants.

Classic BC Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 12 Feb 2016, 22:58

Of course. Who were they before Poch? Kane was a complete nobody and while Dele Alli was more of a known quantity before his big breakthrough there are still many WC coaches that would not have trusted a 19 year old with that level of responsibility.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 12 Feb 2016, 22:59

What about assorted Bundesliga coaches? hmm
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 12 Feb 2016, 23:03

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Of course. Who were they before Poch? Kane was a complete nobody and while Dele Alli was more of a known quantity before his big breakthrough there are still many WC coaches that would not have trusted a 19 year old with that level of responsibility.

Delli Ali was destroying Man Yoo at the cup at the age of 16 ffs, he was going places and Poch had nothing to do with that.

It's like giving Rijkaard credit for Messi and Iniesta ffs Laughing Also Kane was very young, all he's doing is natural development.

This is not a Pedro/Busquets situation like with Guardiola, he's not doing anything special from a youth development point of view despite what you may want to believe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 12 Feb 2016, 23:07

Under that logic neither is Wenger, if the bar is to turn trash into gold (not that Busi was ever trash). He purposely gives youth a chance to prove themselves at a high level while obviously giving them the necessary guidance to have them succeed, all the while still competing for the top prize. That alone is more than Mou has ever done, which several people have mentioned in this thread.

Also not sure how you can call Kane's development "natural" when nobody believed he would ever be a top PL scorer, had 2 strikers in front of him a season ago and now he's scored over 20 goals by February.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 12 Feb 2016, 23:45

Jack Daniels wrote:Ancelotti...

Imagine being 17-19.. Earning ridiculous wages per week because of your talent and hype and yet, do nothing but sit on the bench... No pressure.

That life.. Man i want that. lol

Or how he doesn't care if players go out at nights as far as they do well in training

definitely Carlo

2nd place reserved for Guardiola , would love to play in one of his teams surely.

3rd probably Sir Alex , brought forth so many good players and guided them to the top many times over .

Honorable and rightful 4th place goes to Wenger , can't go wrong working for Wenger.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Sat 13 Feb 2016, 00:05

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I started this thread to hype Poch's record with the youth (Kane, Delle Alli, Dier, Trippier, Ryan Mason... pretty soon all of England will be Spurs players) but the more I think about it there is only really one possible answer: Bielsa. If you listen to the way his former players talk about him he has left a lasting impact, not only in their professional life but also on a personal level. Look at what Payet had to say about him:

I was actually going to say Bielsa. Pochettino is one of Bielsa's disciples, too.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat 13 Feb 2016, 00:25

ferguson or wenger....you'll get to at least play, and not just come in late in games for the sake of it. at least with wenger, u're sure to play carling cup or whatever its called and the fa cup. fabio capello too; he could get mad enough to bench some world class starters and play you instead. most importantly they won't throw you under the bus in front of the media when u mess up
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 13 Feb 2016, 00:28

What about someone like André Schubert? He started three 19 year old kids in the match against Bayern for example.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat 13 Feb 2016, 06:15

Jurgen Klopp: Something about his charisma would have had me enjoying football under him. And beers.

Sir Alex Ferguson: Because he needs another Trinidadian to manage and I am that guy.

Paco Jimenez (Rayo's manager): That man keeps it real and actually would play me since Rayo probably doesn't have much to work with anyway.

Juanma Lillo: Crappy manager but he would have kept me thoroughly entertained with his quotes and quips

Manuel Preciado: God rest his soul, I thought he was a genuine man and I would have loved to play for such a person. He wasn't a bad manager too. Also, second reason for Rayo.

and finally, Arsene Wenger: I don't think I need to actually say why.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2