Art Morte
The Demon of Carthage
LeVersacci
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
39 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Should we sell Benzema? - Page 7 Empty Re: Should we sell Benzema?

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Out for 3 weeks. Bale out for the foressable future.

Better give Mayoral a chance.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Injured himself walking.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by maxyz Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Sell him imo. He's injured way too *bleep* much,we can get an equally good forward or even better who won't be injured as much as he is.
maxyz
maxyz
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:18 pm

maxyz wrote:Sell him imo. He's injured way too *bleep* much,we can get an equally good forward or even better who won't be injured as much as he is.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/karim-benzema/verletzungen/spieler/18922

This link says your argument is invalid

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:Actually, Benz has been very reliable in terms of fitness... he's just been overplayed because Bale keeps getting injured and he can't be rested. So come the end of the season, he burns out with Bale here... This is the first season other than his first one where i've seen him have significant downtime due to injury.

Bale, as good as he's become, still creates a lot of problems due to his inability to just stay fit.

I used to get angry at Benz'slow starts actually. He corrected that this season.

Benzema is frequently injured though and every time he comes back and has to start from zero since he is a rythm player. He was injured at start of season, he again got injured and came back to clasico, now again for injured for a month in crucial time... Are you really going to blame this on bale?

Last year he was injured in critical part of season (again) and chicharito played for a month.

The year before he was injured in the start and played injured in the end too.

It's not like he comes back and performs instantly... He is a rythm player but gets injured frequently.

Benzema and CR had their time and they have been underwhelming in grand scheme of things. It's time for fresh blood.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:21 pm

I don't buy that. The past 5-6 years, he's been the most durable elite CF out there. All the other guys have been injured more. This is the only year he's struggled with fitness. I think a lot of that is happening because he's being rushed back due to Bale's absence and no backup... our effectiveness falls drastically when he's not in there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:59 pm

Adit wrote:

Benzema is frequently injured though and every time he comes back and has to start from zero since he is a rythm player. He was injured at start of season, he again got injured and came back to clasico, now again for injured for a month in crucial time... Are you really going to blame this on bale?

Last year he was injured in critical part of season (again) and chicharito played for a month.

The year before he was injured in the start and played injured in the end too.

It's not like he comes back and performs instantly... He is a rythm player but gets injured frequently.

Benzema and CR had their time and they have been underwhelming in grand scheme of things. It's time for fresh blood.

stop talking about things you have no clue about.

and to the rest of you haters wipe that crow off your faces.

:bow: :bow: 2 massive goals/brilliant finishes back from injury not even a bump.... madrid fans Proud.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:56 am

Way to go buddy.... If anything im spot on the matter.

Benzema played utter crap apart from the goal again coming after a break. Can't you read?

"Benzema is frequently injured though and every time he comes back and has to start from zero since he is a rythm player. "

Which part you don't understand? Laughing

I mean I can understand bumping this if he played really good.... He didn't, then why on earth would you do this? He was a turn over machine entire game.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:35 am

Benzema's long ball assist to Suarez had me on ropes rofl

I mean literally every pass Benzema made under pressure was so horribly bad.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:43 am

27 games (25 starts and 2 subs).. 25 goals in 1992 mins... on only 99 shots. Yet Benz isn't great??? lol.

He's basically tied in efficiency with Aubameyang, Suarez, Higuain and Ibra. Lewandoski is the same in terms of goals per appearance; but he is far less efficient in terms of goals per shot taken.

That's it... everyone else is nowhere close to these guys... and everyone else bar Suarez has the team built around him.

Yet he's somehow not elite Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:21 am

Adit wrote:Benzema had his time too. 7 years as a real madrid CF Laughing  by far the worst Madrid CF who completed 5+ years.

And in those 7 years , your worst CF  managed to become the 10th highest goalscorer for your club and the 9th highest goalscorer in the history of the champions league  Laughing  
Jesus Madrid fans are really insufferable  sometimes . :facepalm:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:31 am

That is because of the talent centralization , CR became the leading all time scorer. Ozil having record assist in a season... Yeah no. Statistics are of little importance to me.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:39 am

I don't understand why you are bringing up season statistics to justify Benzema's atrocious game. He was supposed to be a link up master and we expect a minimum level from him... Just because we won the game doesn't mean everyone played good. Benzema almost managed to assist Suarez summed up his passing.Mascherano clearly owned him this game.

Rusty? Bale, Modric,Marcelo all of them didn't play with the NT at all. They had no problem paying lol....pretty sure nobody ever uses rusty excuse for any other players. Benzema needs to step up... If he is plays like shit every time coming back from break then there is some problem with him.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:50 am

I would take Lewandowski tbh
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:12 am

Lewandowski when he misses as much as suarez? No thanks. Not even faster than Benz.

That reminds me...

Benz clasico performance 0/10 would not watch again.

Scored a goal but had a very off game in regards to his passing and linkup. That bad pass to Suarez comes into mind. Also at times when he should have held the ball, he got dispossessed way too easily. Also didnt forget that miss in the first half, benz should have put the game to bed before cr7. He has the finishing and the technical ability. Granted, fresh off injury but there needs to be a minimum and he didnt meet them. Benz set those standards himself. Needs to live up to what he is rated as. Maybe for a punk like Kane or some poacher who is rated only on goals, Benz would be rated higher. But benz is far more than your typical CF.

Personally, my mind isn't as lacking as adit and chad are, I'm always a harsh, consistent critic of our boys.

That said, I would cut Benz some slack. It was only his 2nd game back from injury and he did play a major role towards our triumph. Benz didnt cost us a match or goal. This is just nitpicking.

I think our fanbase likes to nitpick over everything these days. Certainly helps pass the time.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:32 am

i'm of the opinion that sales talk can wait till the end of the season. this thing of "group of fans wait till player messes up or group of fans wait till player performs" to bump threads or 'i told you so' gets us all over the place. season ends then we can sit back and analyze everything. benzema scored yesterday, cristiano too; both good goals, against barcelona, i'm happy with that. let's enjoy the moment and look forward to champions league....leave transfer talk till the end
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Adit wrote:That is because of the talent centralization ,  CR became the leading all time scorer. Ozil having record assist in a season... Yeah no. Statistics are of little importance to me.

Didn't Higuain  benefit from the same supposed talent centralization ? how come Benzema is "by far worse" when the former managed a measly 2 KO stages goals in the CL in 7 seasons  and scored at a similar ratio in the league  ? Laughing ( let me guess, stats don't matter . so you should be ok with your striker not scoring in the CL Laughing . )

Didn't Morientes benefit from talent centralization in his 7 sesaons at Madrid ?  Or maybe the likes of Raul , Redondo , Roberto Carlos, Seedorf ,  Makélélé ,  Figo , and Zidane are just no good enough   ? Look up the starting 11 for the 2002 Copa final and tell me if it's centralized enough for you .

By what metric is he the worst  CF that played 5+ years ? Laughing

Last edited by farfan on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:34 pm

We should hold on to Benzema at all costs. He is at the top of his game and scoring consistently. His performance against Barca was far from great, but he scored and contributed defensively by dropping back when necessary.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:34 pm

titosantill wrote:this thing of "group of fans wait till player messes up or group of fans wait till player performs" to bump threads or 'i told you so' gets us all over the place.

Which is rather sad, and we could really do without it. Aside from being painfully childish, it's also pointless. Some people are simply unable to look at things without bias and they're actually more interested in their favorite player/countryman doing well than the well-being of the club. To them, it doesn't even matter whether they do well or not, they'll defend them anyway. Tribal thinking, I call it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:01 pm

So anyone who believes Benzema is a good fit for Madrid and that his body of work at the club is great must be coming from a fanboy / tribal place ? as if there are not rational arguments as to why Benzema is indispensable for the team ?.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Lock this blasphemous thread please mods
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:16 pm

farfan wrote:So anyone who believes Benzema is a good fit for Madrid and that his body of work at the club is great must be coming from a fanboy / tribal place ? as if there are not rational arguments as to why Benzema is indispensable for the team ?.

I think Benzema is one of the best CFs in the world. Maybe top3 even when he's in form. But against Barça, and aside from that great goal, he didn't do much. He made countless misplaced passes, missed a great opportunity, lost the ball on multiple occasions and during the first half he was utterly anonymous.

Hadn't he scored that goal, his performance would've been a disaster. If you think he played well, I really don't know what to tell you expect to re-watch the game one more time.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:25 pm

He did play like crap i agree.

Tbh my post here was only a response to Adit's ridiculous claim that Benzema is the worst CF who started more than 5 seasons for Madrid.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:26 pm

farfan wrote:He did play like crap i agree.

Tbh my post here was only a response to Adit's ridiculous claim that Benzema is the worst CF who started more than 5 seasons for Madrid.

That's not far from the truth, but that speaks for the quality of the previous Madrid strikers. Benzema is world class no doubt.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
farfan wrote:He did play like crap i agree.

That's not far from the truth, but that speaks for the quality of the previous Madrid strikers. Benzema is world class no doubt.

That's very far from the truth when Benzema is at the worst case equal to the last Madrid CF who played more than 5 seasons ( Higuain ) Laughing  
He's also better than Morientes .

Last edited by farfan on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next