Lucifer
Sina
urbaNRoots
EL Patron
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 6 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:22 pm

Wenger“Some people questioned the team’s character. I tell you something: this team has character and attitude. People… should not question the character of these players, because they are exceptional characters.
“We lost the championship at home against the lower teams. We have to realise that away from home we are championship winners. At home, against the smaller teams, we dropped the points. We are top of the league in [matches between] the top teams

Just ridicules! :facepalm:

He has lost his freaking mind..."championship winners" away from home? rofl

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 6 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Wenger on Kroenke: “He's never stopped me in the market, He's very ambitious. We are all very ambitious." :facepalm: :facepalm:
“There are some group of people who try to manipulate our fans, they do that well.” rofl

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:42 pm

rofl

I'm not even stressed about Arsenal and Wenger anymore these days. I just laugh at all the unintentional banter.

And that's sad. But yea.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:07 am

Wenger: "I had to make 5 year commitment to Arsenal to secure bank loans for Emirates Stadium."

Also said he rejected Barca, Madrid and City in that time.

His entire press conference today has been him bringing up his past achievements as if it excuses him for what's going in the present. Five years ago he might have gotten away with it, but now? It's actually made things worse with the fans.

I don't think he realises that it's possible for people to criticise his current work while still being grateful for what he's done for the club.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:23 am

Because Wenger made the commitment in order for the stadium to get built, i think (and have heard) that Arsenal cannot fire him unless he misses CL.  As long as Arsenal are making money and qualify for the CL, Arsene controls his exit unless his buyout is triggered.

His contract buyout is massive btw.  I highly doubt the Kroenke is willing to pay a golden parachute like that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:16 am

sources? I struggle to envisage a contract which would prevent a business from firing somebody but for one condition. Even if it were true there would be further provisions and there is still something called common law even if some ridiculous contract was drawn up. All the bank cares about is Arsenals ability to repay the debt and I hardly think they would have any genuine concerns about that - certainly at this stage.

While I am sure that there is some basis for this because obviously the banks would want stability which Wenger provides I don't buy the full story.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Given the loud cries of support for Wenger today it appears the fanbase aren't as against him as it seems hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:59 pm

Lol about 50-100 protested from 60k Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:01 pm

There was one group fans, admittedly small, that chanted "can't wait till you die in May" before the game.

Wanted to pack in supporting the club right then.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:02 pm

wow :facepalm:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:03 pm

That protest was the saddest thing I've ever seen. I actually threw my face into my palm when that one guy held his sign up upsidedown
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:06 pm

This was the best one:

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 6 ChT3xkxUgAQfBKv

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:07 pm

Like everyone else I want a fresh approach as well but the way some of our fanbase do things is disgusting

Just because we want Arsene to change or want a change doesn't change the fact Arsene is the greatest thing to happen to us. He is a club legend bigger than anyone including the likes of Chapman, Mee, Henry, Dein etc.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:27 pm

https://twitter.com/bekahv7/status/726488389462163456

ffs Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:36 pm

Have to lol that the protest designed to show the club that fans want change has probably done more to convince the club that people still support the manager Laughing

I was certainly leaning in this direction by the end of the game:

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 6 ChTkX8fWgAA2-5G

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Would like nothing better for Arsene to win the league with Pep, Conte, Mourinho/LVG and Klopp as competitors

If only he turns ruthless...
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:43 pm

https://twitter.com/GoonerGordo/status/726496642740981760
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:49 pm

lol you guys are too soft.

Mans needs to go. Won't win the league against Pep Mou and Conte
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:58 pm

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 6 ChUFFQPWwAAHxY-

Wish I had gone to the game now with a GL sign.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun May 01, 2016 12:08 am

If Wenger wins the league next year, all of us at GL should chip in and buy him a fancy bottle of scotch, or a giant chocolate cake, or something.

I love Arsene Wenger. Even if his time is up, even if his decisions now are sometimes bad and are hindering far more than any of us would want or excuse ... what he's done at Arsenal is, overall, incredible. Since he'll 99.99% be here next season, let me say that almost nothing would make me happier than to have him become a bit more ruthless, become a little more tactically flexible, buy a few kickass players this summer, then exit next year on a remarkable high with some major silverware ... and let the next managerial chapter begin.

(While I'm daydreaming, I'd also like to see Arteta become a coach at Arsenal, and would like to see the club reacquire some lost reputation as hard men.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun May 01, 2016 1:41 am

this goes to show Wengers will be safe, this was supposed to be THE protest but oh well. Even u guys is 50-50 right now, there is no way in hell Wengers will turn ruthless and suddenly compete with all big names next year. Guess I'm back to be bitter in the corner now
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun May 01, 2016 7:52 pm

Cant believe fans truly feel sympathy for this stubborn man?:facepalm:

Yesterday it became clear majority Arsenal fans happy with top 4 and are brainwashed.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon May 02, 2016 1:04 am

I must say at least you are consistent Raptor.. a lot of you were calling for these exact type of protests - what happened?

I think what we saw on Saturday demonstrates that for some fans the anger is misplaced... It does not appear to be about AW but about the way the club is run - I think fans feel the club has been overrun by champagne spectators and an owner who sees the club as nothing more than a business..

Anger should be redirected to Kroenke and the board. Maybe that means diminishing some of AW's power. Maybe it means bringing in the right assistant manager who will provide the team with some mental strength (which is all we seem to have actually lacked this year). Maybe it does mean taking a risk and saying thanks for the memories Arsene but you're done.

No one can blame Wenger for not leaving - he believes he has something to offer and frankly, he does. Some things in football do not go your way and they certainly haven't gone his for the past 10 years. His refusal to quit is not exactly surprising as not many managers do.

If you want Wenger sacked there is a way to go about it whilst still respecting the man who has done so much for this club. That small contingent of fans who directed their anger at Wenger on Saturday are a dopey lot.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 02, 2016 1:20 am

I still am Wenger Out. My complaints about Saturday are solely about the inconsistency and stupidity of our own fanbase - you know, chanting for Wenger then booing his team off at half-time. Moaning at every pass but then cheering the team on. That sort of stuff.

All the protest ended up doing is pit fans against fans, not fans against club, and served as a reminder that the dissenting voices on Twitter is actually a small portion of the overall fanbase.

The way I see it, the fans who chanted for Wenger aren't "brainwashed" or whatever. I think they did it primarily to go against the fans who were protesting.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon May 02, 2016 2:08 am

Nah not you - I think you joined the WOB as soon as it was obvious we weren't winning the title this season - which is a fair position to take. Don't think I have heard you go OTT about Wenger.

I agree - the inconsistencies of the protesting just makes us look stupid as a fan-base. It was a small contingent of fans, yes.. but at the same time the number one rule of protesting is to make the message clear - this helps avoid mixed messages by guiding the stupid people in the right direction.

You have to drill the message home to people. In my opinion that message is that the fans are rightly aggrieved that the club is being run by an owner and board who just don't seem to listen to or care about the fans.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 02, 2016 3:11 am

Wenger is probably the smartest manager out there, but the fact that he keeps ignoring the problems and instead he goes to war with the fans and wants to prove he is right and we are wrong is mind blowing.
We love the club as much as he does, and we want to see him lift the tittle...but Wenger will be Wenger...he has been for past 12 years, the same man tells his players to shoot less.

I can guarantee Wenger would extent his contract because if he wasn't planing on retired he would have said it already. Imo Wenger will stay until 2020. Its astonishing that it took the fans 12 years to realize Wenger is talking us for a ride. The protesting was small but it will only get bigger and bigger.

As thing stand, we might not make top4 which Wenger brags about the most.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next