Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility

+18
futbol
nasir6371
BORUSSIA!!
Lucifer
titosantill
RealGunner
Robespierre
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
farfan
Unique
Mr Nick09
jibers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
Hapless_Hans
windkick
Valkyrja
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility

Post by futbol Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Arsenal won 4 trophies? Shocked

2 FA Cups, the Community Shield against Chelsea. Which did I miss? hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:43 pm

1 more Community Shield against City.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:46 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:1 more Community Shield against City.

Completely missed that one. hmm

Arsenal has become quite the gold silverware digger these days, I see. You rascals, you. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:01 pm

We're actually counting Community Shields as trophies?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:14 pm

Why not when every other team does it? and it's considered as an official trophy by the FA

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Who's "every other team?"

What other team celebrates the community shield? When?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:29 pm

izzy wrote:Who's "every other team?"

What other team celebrates the community shield? When?

United fans count it when they taunt liverpool fans about the most trophies won in England. And it's always included when any team like Liverpool or Chelsea talks about total trophies won in england?

What other team celebrates community shield? Have you never watched a community shield match in your life?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:United fans count it when they taunt liverpool fans about the most trophies won in England. And it's always included when any team like Liverpool or Chelsea talks about total trophies won in england?

What other team celebrates community shield? Have you never watched a community shield match in your life?

No they don't. It's a blatant pissing contest they get in when they start to argue about who is the bigger club in England.

It starts with League titles, then CL Cups, then FA Cups. They only ever talk about the CHARITY Shield when they start to try and one up one another and the argument gets petty.

You will see NO Liverpool or Man Utd fan actually try to incorporate the charity shield as a trophy won during the years. Ask a United fan if Moyes won a trophy....... Laughing They'll say no.

The charity shield match? Really? I Seriously doubt any of those players give a damn about the "trophy" during the ACTUAL season.

Man Utd won the treble in 1998/1999, but lost the community shield the season before and after, they must be pissed. Rolling Eyes
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:46 pm

izzy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:United fans count it when they taunt liverpool fans about the most trophies won in England. And it's always included when any team like Liverpool or Chelsea talks about total trophies won in england?

No they don't. It's a blatant pissing contest they get in when they start to argue about who is the bigger club in England.

It starts with League titles, then CL Cups, then FA Cups. They only ever talk about the CHARITY Shield when they start to try and one up one another and the argument gets petty.

You will see NO Liverpool or Man Utd fan actually try to incorporate the charity shield as a trophy won during the years. Ask a United fan if Moyes won a trophy....... Laughing They'll say no.

The charity shield match? Really? I Seriously doubt any of those players give a damn about the "trophy" during the ACTUAL season.

Man Utd won the treble in 1998/1999, but lost the community shield the season before and after, they must be pissed. Rolling Eyes

Yes they do. Unless you live under a rock. You are right, it's the 4th trophy they consider after PL, CL and FA. But they DO count it in.

I have seen MANY liverpool and United fans incorporating the charity shield as a trophy. Along with the Chelsea fans.

A trophy is a trophy is a trophy. It's not some Audi cup trophy. It's officially recognised by the FA. How hard is it to understand that?

United fans taunted Arsenal for MONTHS when Moyes won the CS Laughing Once again, do you live under a rock?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:50 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I'd also love a salary cap, TBH. And a celery cap. F*ckers are starting to ruin soups.

Yes please.

Also I wouldn't worry about China and other countries taking over if European leagues have salary caps. The NBA has a salary cap and China isn't exactly poaching anyone from there

They'd just end up paying a fortune for the footballing equivalents of the Stephon Marburys of the world
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:53 pm

But basketball is a far less international sport than football. And really, there's no benefit to salary caps other than to make the owners more profit.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Salary caps make leagues better balanced and more competitive

The issue where a majority of leagues around Europe only have two or three teams winning a league in a decade would be fixed if they implemented one correctly
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yes they do. Unless you live under a rock. You are right, it's the 4th trophy they consider after PL, CL and FA. But they DO count it in.

I have seen MANY liverpool and United fans incorporating the charity shield as a trophy. Along with the Chelsea fans.

A trophy is a trophy is a trophy. It's not some Audi cup trophy. It's officially recognised by the FA. How hard is it to understand that?

United fans taunted Arsenal for MONTHS when Moyes won the CS Laughing Once again, do you live under a rock?

Fine.

How come Arsenal have not paraded around with it after each of their FA Cup wins?

It's a trophy, is it not?

And screw a salary cap. There should never be a limit on how much someone can earn.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:23 pm

I only see said fans (on the net) incorporate the CC when trying to one up the other set of fans. None of the mentioned clubs parade it or talk about they are the CC defending champions with pride.

If Arsenal fans consider it a real part of their season trophy collection as well as the club then nothing one can do about it. It is an official trophy so why not. It does show how things are at the club at both levels though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Because it's not worth parading. Same reason why we wouldn't parade a supercup trophy if we ever win it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't consider CS anywhere near as important as EPL/CL/FA cup. But it's still considered and counted as an official trophy.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:Because it's not worth parading. Same reason why we wouldn't parade a supercup trophy if we ever win it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't consider CS anywhere near as important as EPL/CL/FA cup. But it's still considered and counted as an official trophy.

That makes no sense.

A trophy is something that should be celebrated and paraded because it adds prestige and significance to the club.

If it does not get paraded, celebrated or even acknowledged it shows what the club really think of it.
If you're gonna count it as a "win" then it should be celebrated. They don't.

A glorified friendly trophy.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2