Great Leader Sprucenuce
sportsczy
S
Gil
Art Morte
DeviAngel
11 posters

Go down

Top jersey sales and earnings in Europe for the upcoming season  Empty Top jersey sales and earnings in Europe for the upcoming season

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Top jersey sales and earnings in Europe for the upcoming season  11892209_1041987159159543_5614581476759873515_n
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Top jersey sales and earnings in Europe for the upcoming season  Empty Re: Top jersey sales and earnings in Europe for the upcoming season

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:04 pm

I'm a little surprised Adidas pay Bayern "only" 27m. Also didn't realize Chelsea's deal with Yokohama was that good.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Top jersey sales and earnings in Europe for the upcoming season  Empty Re: Top jersey sales and earnings in Europe for the upcoming season

Post by Gil Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Further proof we're the 4th biggest club in the World now. Unreal job by Ron Gourlay tbh.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Art Morte wrote:I'm a little surprised Adidas pay Bayern "only" 27m. Also didn't realize Chelsea's deal with Yokohama was that good.

Bayern signed a new deal which pays them €66m a yr.That graphic is not exactly accurate.

Also, Chelsea 4th biggest club rofl
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:29 pm

S wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I'm a little surprised Adidas pay Bayern "only" 27m. Also didn't realize Chelsea's deal with Yokohama was that good.

Bayern signed a new deal which pays them €66m a yr.That graphic is not exactly accurate.

Oh, okay. In that case I'm a little surprised how big the annual increase was, if it previously was that 27m.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:39 pm

I don't think this graphic includes any sponsorships...  it's about raw merchandising or direct jersey sales to end consumers. It's the correct way to look at jersey sales. Sponsorships have nothing to do with it.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:39 pm

S wrote:

Not sure what's funny? Only Madrid, Barca & United are bigger right now & with Mourinho/Hazard on board we could easily surpass United in the next 5/6 years.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:41 pm

rofl

Dat delusion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Just to explain....  for example, Adidas pays Bayern a certain amount to get the exclusive right to sell their jerseys.  That amount has nothing to do with how much jersey revenue they generate.  This graphic is saying that Adidas sold 27 mil in Bayern jerseys this past season.  Because Adidas get brand recognition for representing Bayern, the fact that, if you just look at direct sales, they're losing 39 mil is too simplistic...  they probably sell a whole bunch of other stuff that isn't official Bayern merchandising as a result of being the official Bayern jersey co.

I hope this makes sense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Gil wrote:
S wrote:

Not sure what's funny? Only Madrid, Barca & United are bigger right now & with Mourinho/Hazard on board we could easily surpass United in the next 5/6 years.

Mourinho won't be there for 5-6 yeras.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:I don't think this graphic includes any sponsorships...  it's about raw merchandising or direct jersey sales to end consumers. It's the correct way to look at jersey sales. Sponsorships have nothing to do with it.

No, man, it's the sponsorship / partner income. It says there. 'Main sponsor' and 'technical (or whatever) sponsor'. The one is the money clubs receive from their kit manufacturer and the other is from the 'shirt sponsor' who get their logo on the shirts. This is not shirts sold.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Gil wrote:
S wrote:

Oh my poor sweet innocent Gil Sad
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:Just to explain....  for example, Adidas pays Bayern a certain amount to get the exclusive right to sell their jerseys.  That amount has nothing to do with how much jersey revenue they generate.  This graphic is saying that Adidas sold 27 mil in Bayern jerseys this past season.  Because Adidas get brand recognition for representing Bayern, the fact that, if you just look at direct sales, they're losing 39 mil is too simplistic...  they probably sell a whole bunch of other stuff that isn't official Bayern merchandising as a result of being the official Bayern jersey co.

I hope this makes sense.
I think the value quoted in the image is licensing rights, not shirt sales. Would be interesting to see the source article.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:29 pm

top of the table ffs Proud

sponsorship trophy, more prestigious then the emirates cup and 4th place trophy for sure

Liverpool doing well to get more then Arsenal, Bayern and Juve tho :facepalm:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Title is misleading

Does it mean how much the sponsorship paysor how many shirts does a club sell?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:40 pm

sponsorship pays
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:17 pm

Then that table is wrong

We get paid over 95m Euros
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:37 am

Title is indeed misleading.

But I think Arsenal's might be accurate RG.

This graphic is talking about money coming from technical/kit sponsor(Nike, Adidas etc ) and shirt sponsor(Fly Emirates, jeep.etc)

Don't remember Arsenal signing a huge renewed deal if I am correct.

Nothing to do with jersey sales.

Also the reason why United getting such a huge pay by Adidas is because they gave up their licensing rights meaning all the money from merchandise sales (of united) goes to Adidas rather than the club.

I think Bayern followed the same path.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:24 pm

I just copied the title and thought of sharing it here
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Both Madrid and PSG numbers are inaccurate then too... By a lot lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:25 pm

S wrote:Title is indeed misleading.

But I think Arsenal's might be accurate RG.

This graphic is talking about money coming from technical/kit sponsor(Nike, Adidas etc ) and shirt sponsor(Fly Emirates, jeep.etc)

Don't remember Arsenal signing a huge renewed deal if I am correct.

Nothing to do with jersey sales.

Also the reason why United getting such a huge pay by Adidas is because they gave up their licensing rights meaning all the money from merchandise sales (of united) goes to Adidas rather than the club.

I think Bayern followed the same path.

Arsenal's Puma deal is more than displayed in the article iirc.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:34 pm

At this rate we might as well compile our own list...

United:
Chelsea:
Real Madrid:
Barcelona: Shirt sponsor: 35m euros per season + unknown shirt sales variables / Commercial sponsor: 32m euros
Liverpool:
Bayern:
Arsenal:
PSG:
Juve:
City:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:36 pm

DeviAngel wrote:I just copied the title and thought of sharing it here

Don't worry Devi, we don't blame you. We blame the incompetence of the article and thus plan to file a report to the FBI on behalf GL.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:02 pm

The one thing though is that many teams sign deals now that start in the future. So maybe, as if this past year, this is accurate... Not sure though lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down