Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

+23
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
Casciavit
ExtremistEnigma
Great Leader Sprucenuce
danyjr
Kaladin
Firenze
nasir6371
urbaNRoots
BarcaLearning
VanDeezNuts
Sushi Master
breva
Doc
McAgger
RealGunner
Adit
rincon
Lex
El Gunner
futbol
À bout de souffle
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Bravo is average, but the defense has been atrocious too, which makes Bravo looks even worse.

It was the same with Hart. He's better than Bravo by miles but after Mancini left he was never the same due to the garbage defense.

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm

The stats look terrible and he is on decline but that's not to say he has been a bad goalkeeper throughout his career. If you look at his stats for Barcelona or Chile I'm sure you'd see that they are far better than this.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 8400
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by Casciavit Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:31 am

Bravo was a legitimately good shot stopper at Barca. His plaudits came from his shot-stopping, not his ball-playing. MATS was the one who got all the love for his ability on the ball, Bravo got love because of his ability with stopping shots.

He's 33 years old and this could very well be his decline. It's sudden, as I don't recall any significant blunders from him last season. However, these days it feels like he's incapable of saving any shot. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9306
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by zigra Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 am

Casciavit wrote:Bravo was a legitimately good shot stopper at Barca. His plaudits came from his shot-stopping, not his ball-playing. MATS was the one who got all the love for his ability on the ball, Bravo got love because of his ability with stopping shots.

He's 33 years old and this could very well be his decline. It's sudden, as I don't recall any significant blunders from him last season. However, these days it feels like he's incapable of saving any shot. Laughing


Yeah one of the funniest things is that I read everywhere now that Guardiola is an idiot for playing a goalkeeper who is only good with the ball at his feet. Do these people even watch the games? He's anything but a ball playing goalkeeper Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 4247
Join date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:27 am

thing is when you compare him to Hart anyone is a ball playing GK
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28050
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by zigra Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:12 am

Loooooool
True though Proud

How's he doing at the moment btw? Know he and Bravo had that weekly competition about making the worst mistakes but haven't heard too much from him for a worryingly long time now.

edit: just seen he flopped in the cup game against Milan 4 days ago.. my boy Proud
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 4247
Join date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:54 am

Any shot on target is a guaranteed goal.

He's f****** gash!!!
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 1011
Join date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by Harmonica Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Already let more goals in than in either seasons with Barcelona.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 13852
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Harmonica wrote:Already let more goals in than in either seasons with Barcelona.


Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Giphy
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 1011
Join date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:24 am

GL owes this guy an apology, best Chilean ever, single handedly won Chile 2 Copa Americas and is on his way to make them the best team in the world
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28050
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by Warrior Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:54 am

Well the criticism was justified, this season he was atrocious. Even a baby with diarrhea was more reliable at keeping "clean sheets".
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8781
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by Doc Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:09 am

What apology? Chile hasn't won anything yet and history can't be re-written after saving 3 cancer pks that anyone here probably could have saved. He had a season so bad, not only he got dropped for old man Wily but City went and spend another 40 mil to purchase Benfica's goalie.

He should apologise for this imo:


and this:
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:09 am

Always a top GK, its Peps style that just really fux the GK, asking them to do what they are not good at and just beg to make mistakes.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 7886
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:27 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Always a top GK, its Peps style that just really fux the GK, asking them to do what they are not good at and just beg to make mistakes.

That's BS though. So Bravo is not supposed to be good with his feet? He was signed because he was supposed to be better at it than Hart, and seeing he was Barca's starting GK that's hardly a unreasonable expectation.

He just turned out to perform terribly at the things he was supposed to be good at, both passing and shot stopping.

Pep's style does not 'f..' with capable GKs at all.
Neuer flourished under Pep and publicly said many times how much he loved playing Pep's style. Where else would he be in command of a whole half of the football pitch?

Neuer could shine with his feet, his passing, his interceptions and his fantastic timing coming out into space.
And I challenge you to find one single mistake he made coming out or passing.


That's why it's so ridiculous if people blame the style of 'passing out from the back' for Bravo's troubles. If a striker keeps shooting in the stands and mishitting shots, are you going to blame the style of 'shooting on goal'?

Bravo flopped, simple as that. He failed to deliver the things he was bought for.
Which is of course also on Pep, since he bought him and kicked out Englands no 1 GK.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34029
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:23 am

Doc wrote:What apology? Chile hasn't won anything yet and history can't be re-written after saving 3 cancer pks that anyone here probably could have saved. He had a season so bad, not only he got dropped for old man Wily but City went and spend another 40 mil to purchase Benfica's goalie.


Chile won 2 CAs (both on penalties), can't see how you can say they "haven't won anything yet"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28050
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Always a top GK, its Peps style that just really fux the GK, asking them to do what they are not good at and just beg to make mistakes.

That's BS though. So Bravo is not supposed to be good with his feet? He was signed because he was supposed to be better at it than Hart, and seeing he was Barca's starting GK that's hardly a unreasonable expectation.

He just turned out to perform terribly at the things he was supposed to be good at, both passing and shot stopping.

Pep's style does not 'f..' with capable GKs at all.
Neuer flourished under Pep and publicly said many times how much he loved playing Pep's style. Where else would he be in command of a whole half of the football pitch?

Neuer could shine with his feet, his passing, his interceptions and his fantastic timing coming out into space.
And I challenge you to find one single mistake he made coming out or passing.


That's why it's so ridiculous if people blame the style of 'passing out from the back' for Bravo's troubles. If a striker keeps shooting in the stands and mishitting shots, are you going to blame the style of 'shooting on goal'?

Bravo flopped, simple as that. He failed to deliver the things he was bought for.
Which is of course also on Pep, since he bought him and kicked out Englands no 1 GK.


Im not so sure that even at Barca he was that good with his feet, certainly not compared with Neuer, Ter Stegen, etc., I just think Pep takes it too much to the extreme, and isnt flexible enough, even when they other team is coutnering it well, he STILL does the same thing, thats just my opinion, even as a fan of his, he has his weakness.

So for Barvos case, could be him underperformed as well, but definitely Pep's extreme and sometimes imo stubborn/inflexible/suicidal style doesnt help Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 7886
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by Firenze Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:12 pm


one of the worst GKing seasons I've ever seen at CIty. At one point he conceded something like 10 of his last 13 shots, couldn't save anything and some were right at him. Don't know if he was just nervous at City or something but there's no apology needed here. Neither is Pep to blame, it was just terrible goalkeeping.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33652
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by Doc Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:01 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Chile won 2 CAs (both on penalties), can't see how you can say they "haven't won anything yet"

That line was for the Confed Cup and not what Chile won before.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets - Page 2 Empty Re: Claudio Bravo: The King of Clean sheets

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum