The Franchise
Valkyrja
Dante
Harmonica
Beautiful Football
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi Empty Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:39 pm

The iconic Italian coach, who led AC Milan to back-to-back European Cups, says that the Swede is more technically gifted than the Argentine

Arrigo Sacchi believes that Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has superior solo skills to Lionel Messi, but that the Barcelona ace is a better team player.

With his perfect mix of physical and technical attributes, Ibrahimovic is widely regarded as one of the most gifted forwards in the game and has long wowed fans with his array of tricks and flicks.

However, Sacchi has suggested that the outspoken Ibrahimovic could learn something from four-time Ballon d'Or winner Messi, who he feels has a better understanding of what it means to be part of a team.

"Ibrahimovic is one of the best," the former AC Milan coach told Radio 2. "If football were an individual sport, I think that he would be superior to Messi.

"This is a great strength of Ibra's but also a limitation in terms of his connection with the other players.

"In my team at Milan, I had players like Marco van Basten and George Weah. Weah had greater potential than Van Basten in terms of technique, but Van Basten had a perfect connection with the team and that made his influence greater. He gave greater meaning to our football."

Ibrahimovic fired Paris Saint-Germain to a third successive Ligue 1 title last season, while Messi inspired Barcelona to a historic treble.

The pair previously played together at Camp Nou - but only for a season, with the Sweden international departing at the end of the 2009-10 campaign after falling out with then coach Pep Guardiola.

Do you Agree?

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi Empty Re: Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi

Post by Harmonica Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Messi is the most talented and complete player to play the game, so no I do not agree.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi Empty Re: Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi

Post by Dante Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Harmonica confirmed

/thread
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Harmonica wrote:Messi is the most talented and complete player to play the game, so no I do not agree.

Sacchi: Ibrahimovic has superior skills to Messi Tumblr_li93galgTX1qzmc3p
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:16 pm

I read this as yet again another subtle knock on Ibra from Sacchi. I think Sacchi really dislikes him and for more like a decade always finds a way to have something to say about him, I dunno why.

Ibra isnt connected to his teammates how? He isnt particularly selfish, players seem to actually play better with him, Boateng being a name which comes to mind.

The only thing I can think of is he non-desire to make runs to open spaces for other players...but that is also something Messi rarely does.

Also I dont really see any quote in which he says Ibra has better skills than Messi.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:21 pm

The Franchise wrote:I read this as yet again another subtle knock on Ibra from Sacchi. I think Sacchi really dislikes him and for more like a decade always finds a way to have something to say about him, I dunno why.

Ibra isnt connected to his teammates how? He isnt particularly selfish, players seem to actually play better with him, Boateng being a name which comes to mind.

The only thing I can think of is he non-desire to make runs to open spaces for other players...but that is also something Messi rarely does.

Also I dont really see any quote in which he says Ibra has better skills than Messi.

This.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:45 pm

He did say however that ibra would be superior if football was an individual sport. => Ibra is superior to Messi => Ibra is better => ibra has a better skill set.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:52 pm

sounds like another classic goal.com headline
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:56 pm

zizzle wrote:He did say however that ibra would be superior if football was an individual sport. => Ibra is superior to Messi => Ibra is better => ibra has a better skill set.

And how exactly would an individual sport work with regards to football. Saachi is just taking another dig at Ibra, obviously he has been very subtle for half of you not to pick it up.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Laughing Nothing else to talk about at this time of the year?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:20 pm

I've never really seen what's so impressive about Ibra besides his taekwondo goals hmm Always sucked whenever I watched him
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Probably have really low judging player ability. I suggest hiring better scouts.

This isn't the 1st time the great Arrigo has something to say about Ibra. What exactly happened with those 2?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:30 pm

linetty wrote:I've never really seen what's so impressive about Ibra besides his taekwondo goals hmm Always sucked whenever I watched him

I agree. He's just a striker who's scored >300 goals in his career, a sizable part of them breathtakingly and inimitably spectacular.
Meh, not impressive imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
linetty wrote:I've never really seen what's so impressive about Ibra besides his taekwondo goals hmm Always sucked whenever I watched him

I agree. He's just a striker who's scored >300 goals in his career, a sizable part of them breathtakingly and inimitably spectacular.
Meh, not impressive imo.

Laughing Ofc that's impressive but other than scoring golazos, he sucks hmm A bit f**k logic but thats the truth
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:39 pm

linetty wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Meh, not impressive imo.

:lol:Ofc that's impressive but other than scoring golazos, he sucks hmm A bit f**k logic but thats the truth

:brickwall:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Doc wrote:Probably have really low judging player ability. I suggest hiring better scouts.

This isn't the 1st time the great Arrigo has something to say about Ibra. What exactly happened with those 2?!

Ibra said Saachis Milan couldn't play tiki taka (:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
linetty wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Meh, not impressive imo.

:lol:Ofc that's impressive but other than scoring golazos, he sucks hmm A bit f**k logic but thats the truth

:brickwall:
Rolling Eyes
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Meh, not impressive imo.

I hope he joins you and runs less than Neuer in a CL semi-final so you STFU. smh

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Barca flopped big time at Zlatan imo
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Zlatan doesn't run until Zlatan decides to run, I thought you guys would get that by now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Greath thread imo but I have to admit I didn't read a single post (:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 pm

run is overrated, static on 1 side dragging 2 defenders alone > any pretentious run

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:09 pm

If it was an individual sport only thing they would need is dribbling. No height no long shoots no jumping would be useful. Considering dribbling 1 player is like drinking coffee for messi then Ibra would need another 5 ibra to stop messi's goal against getafe for example
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Ronaldo is better guyz, messi sux lolzzz
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:01 am

terrance511 wrote:run is overrated, static on 1 side dragging 2 defenders alone > any pretentious run

Congrats, you have told us all you hve no idea what your talking about Laughing

Why would you compare two totally different things? One when you have the ball and another when you do not?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next