Myesyats
Pedram
mr-r34
RED
Unique
74 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 27 Empty Re: ISIS terror attacks around the world

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:50 am

So in your experience that video is accurate?

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 27 Empty Re: ISIS terror attacks around the world

Post by Adit Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:40 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So in your experience that video is accurate?

That's an average Sunni Muslim in my country. Even worse actually. Religious law is the final word, Constitution is secondary.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:12 pm

That's pretty unsettling :/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:57 pm

You're vastly overestimating the intelligence and knowledge of the average Muslim sadly. I was having a similar discussion just today actually regarding Sharia law. When people say "Sharia law" or something ridiculously general such as "the punishments in the Quran and Sunnah" the average Muslim who has no idea what the theological rulings on these issues actually is will default to supporting it. In their mind, they believe in God and Sharia Law is God's law and therefore they support it.

If he actually said "are you in favour of stoning all adulterers to death?" there would be much less support. And I can assure you the vast majority of Muslims I know don't.

The way this psycho phrases things is really insidious and clearly with the intention to manipulate the audience and provoke his intended response. He might as well have said "which of you here believes in the Quran?" These issues are much more complex however and have much more diverse theological positions.

As for the issue of men and women sitting separately, I really don't see the problem. They are not saying every single building or institution in every Western country should be segregated. They're saying as individuals they prefer gender separation (not exclusion) in religious spaces. Yes, that is a conservative position by Western standards, but it's not particularly dangerous and doesn't mean Muslims can't live in the West.

If you genuinely want to learn about the mainstream Islamic position on these issues, check out the videos below.

https://youtu.be/U2qcMBjeMGE
https://youtu.be/kkVQHUZCqNU
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Adit wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not sure where else to post this but interested in GL's reaction to this vid:

If these views are indeed widely held, does that make muslim & western culture incompatible?

Everybody knows this. No body has evidence to say it loud though. They absolutely despise Jews from my own experience. They thinks they should die according to God's will etc etc.The Muslims are really brainwashed due to the religious education they gets in such a young age. I bet half of them will laugh at the laws like stoning and men sitting with women etc if they were taught these laws after they matured.

We have been through this before. Are you saying every single Muslim is brainwashed? Does every single Muslim despise the jews? Or is it just the Muslims in India/Asia?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:58 pm

A policeman has been stabbed to death near Paris and his wife has been killed after being taken hostage with their child.

According to French media, the policeman was stabbed nine times in the abdomen at about 8.30pm local time outside his home.

Armed police stormed the building in the Yvelines area near Versailles, shots were fired and at least two explosions were heard at the scene.

Hostage negotiators were drafted in and the surrounding area has been in lockdown, with street lights switched off and the gas supply cut.

But when law enforcement got into the building, they found the woman's body.

The policeman's three-year-old son was found injured but is now safe.

The alleged knifeman, reportedly a neighbour of the police officer, was also found dead.

Pierre-Henry Brandet, Interior Ministry spokesman, said: "Elite police quickly arrived at the scene and negotiations began, a plan of assault was also being developed.

"The negotiations could not succeed, it was decided to launch an assault.

"There were explosions, it was these that you could hear a short while ago.

"The price is a heavy price, the police officer was killed by the individual."

Residents in the area had to be evacuated from their homes during the operation.

The dead officer has been named as Jean-Baptiste Salvaing, aged 42.

Prosecutor Vincent Lesclous said: "We have no certainty about the motivations" of the assailant, although AFP quoted sources as saying that the killer had claimed allegiance to Islamic State.

and another one. they are on a roll.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:33 pm

Cruijf wrote:You're vastly overestimating the intelligence and knowledge of the average Muslim sadly. I was having a similar discussion just today actually regarding Sharia law. When people say "Sharia law" or something ridiculously general such as "the punishments in the Quran and Sunnah" the average Muslim who has no idea what the theological rulings on these issues actually is will default to supporting it. In their mind, they believe in God and Sharia Law is God's law and therefore they support it.

If he actually said "are you in favour of stoning all adulterers to death?" there would be much less support. And I can assure you the vast majority of Muslims I know don't.

The way this psycho phrases things is really insidious and clearly with the intention to manipulate the audience and provoke his intended response. He might as well have said "which of you here believes in the Quran?" These issues are much more complex however and have much more diverse theological positions.

As for the issue of men and women sitting separately, I really don't see the problem. They are not saying every single building or institution in every Western country should be segregated. They're saying as individuals they prefer gender separation (not exclusion) in religious spaces. Yes, that is a conservative position by Western standards, but it's not particularly dangerous and doesn't mean Muslims can't live in the West.

If you genuinely want to learn about the mainstream Islamic position on these issues, check out the videos below.

You are now twisting the video to your own agenda.

He clearly mentioned stoning for adultery and men and women sitting separately then went on to ask if they believed the punishment written in Quran and Sunnah are true, they all said yes.

Does it look like he is asking weather men and women should sit together in religious spaces?? seriously.

Women and men are not allowed to stay in a single room if they are not related according to Sunni Muslims.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Adit wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not sure where else to post this but interested in GL's reaction to this vid:

If these views are indeed widely held, does that make muslim & western culture incompatible?

Everybody knows this. No body has evidence to say it loud though. They absolutely despise Jews from my own experience. They thinks they should die according to God's will etc etc.The Muslims are really brainwashed due to the religious education they gets in such a young age. I bet half of them will laugh at the laws like stoning and men sitting with women etc if they were taught these laws after they matured.

We have been through this before. Are you saying every single Muslim is brainwashed? Does every single Muslim despise the jews? Or is it just the Muslims in India/Asia?

Anyone who gets taught these laws before the age they can even comprehend and believes them such are clearly brainwashed. Now it's up to them to come out of that bubble once they are matured enough And look back at the things. That depends on individual.

Even the most sensible and educated muslims face this condrum. once they reaches a certain age they learns evolution, learns the defects in religious laws, realizes there is something wrong with what was written and now they are in huge trouble. They ask themselves, if what they believed for 20 years was a lie?.. was I praying 5 times a day for 20 years for nothing ?.. they will all be reluctant to discard what they did for 20 years, things that were almost part of their life and things their life goal was built upon. Religious people knows this which is exactly why they are catching these people at a young age.

India has second most muslim population in the world and I come from muslim majority area, so I'm not really basing my opinion on one or two people. India has no Jew population yet I hear a lot of hate speech against them here, what caused that I wonder?

Recently a Muslim college expelled students for sitting together in class. The state minister who was a muslim said they are right and girls and boys should not sit together. That is a state minister although not surprised as that echos the common sentiment of the muslim community here.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Religion is a bunch of *bleep* bullshit the sooner the world rids of it the better off it will be.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:25 pm

B-Mac wrote:Religion is a bunch of *bleep* bullshit the sooner the world rids of it the better off it will be.

preach my brother. (No pun intendedmo)

It's absolute cancer, if you believe in something keep it to your *bleep* self and quietly go about it. If we're still around in 1,000 Years time hopefully those humans will be looking back on this crap and laughing the same way we all laugh at the shit humanity done back in the day.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:50 pm

By the way, I stumbled over an article in the Swiss media outlet 20min.ch today which I found somewhat intriguing.

According to that article, there is an openly gay Imam in the vicinity of Paris in whose liberal Mosque gay muslims pray next to women who don't have to wear hijabs or headscarfs. I wasn't aware that something like this could exists in the first place.

Source: http://www.20min.ch/ausland/news/story/Was-denkt-ein-schwuler-Imam-nach-dem-Attentat--23266424
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:58 am

India has about a 1 Lac population of Jews, They come under the Parsi/Zoroastrian community.

No idea how we've managed to stay mostly civil with 10 religions in one country.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:53 am

Nishankly wrote:India has about a 1 Lac population of Jews, They come under the Parsi/Zoroastrian community.

No idea how we've managed to stay mostly civil with 10 religions in one country.

In west state doesn't support any religion. The indian secularism is just opposite; we try to support all religions

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:35 am

Cruijf wrote:You're vastly overestimating the intelligence and knowledge of the average Muslim sadly. I was having a similar discussion just today actually regarding Sharia law. When people say "Sharia law" or something ridiculously general such as "the punishments in the Quran and Sunnah" the average Muslim who has no idea what the theological rulings on these issues actually is will default to supporting it. In their mind, they believe in God and Sharia Law is God's law and therefore they support it.

While I agree, but those punishment are from Islamic stand point of view valid, however there is conditions to be met, speaking about adulterers, you need to have 4 people having witnessed the people actually commit the act meaning visually seeing everything, now as far as I know people don't call up their mates and tell them to come and watch me do another men wife and then those 4 will need to actually testify in court, the likelihood of this happening is slim to none.

Adit wrote:India has second most muslim population in the world and I come from muslim majority area, so I'm not really basing my opinion on one or two people. India has no Jew population yet I hear a lot of hate speech against them here, what caused that I wonder?

People, not religion itself I know that.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:55 am

Winter is Coming wrote:.While I agree, but those punishment are from Islamic stand point of view valid, however there is conditions to be met, speaking about adulterers, you need to have 4 people having witnessed the people actually commit the act meaning visually seeing everything, now as far as I know people don't call up their mates and tell them to come and watch me do another men wife and then those 4 will need to actually testify in court, the likelihood of this happening is slim to none.    

How is it slim to none??

May be where you live but in highly populated countries people peeps into your private life too much.

Search moral policing in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh and you will see bunch of people beating people up after them catching both of them with their pants down lol. They comes to your home and searches your home and if they find a man/women then the public prosecution begins. Ask anyone in these countries.

In such cases they are caught red handed and no wonder stoning to death for adultery is a normal act in Afghanistan and some part of Pakistan. This act is only stopped by laws which were made by sensible people not because Sharia is difficult to execute.All  of you said can happen. Happens all the time . I mean 4 people catching you and testifying? You can get 50 Laughing people will testify against you for bringing shame to neighborhood.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Adit wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:.While I agree, but those punishment are from Islamic stand point of view valid, however there is conditions to be met, speaking about adulterers, you need to have 4 people having witnessed the people actually commit the act meaning visually seeing everything, now as far as I know people don't call up their mates and tell them to come and watch me do another men wife and then those 4 will need to actually testify in court, the likelihood of this happening is slim to none.    

How is it slim to none??

May be where you live but in highly populated countries people peeps into your private life too much.

Search moral policing in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh and you will see bunch of people beating people up after them catching both of them with their pants down lol. They comes to your home and searches your home and if they find a man/women then the public prosecution begins. Ask anyone in these countries.

In such cases they are caught red handed and no wonder stoning to death for adultery is a normal act in Afghanistan and some part of Pakistan. This act is only stopped by laws which were made by sensible people not because Sharia is difficult to execute.All  of you said can happen. Happens all the time . I mean 4 people catching you and testifying? You can get 50 Laughing people will testify against you for bringing shame to neighborhood.

Yes, I don't hear of this much and even when I do it's only one person who caught the person or they saw a text or something, but neither of the two should be held in sharia court, unless 4 people physically with their own eyes saw you committing the act.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:20 pm

That can easily happen, here in highly populated countries.

Any way why wait for 4 guys testifying? A simple DNA test is far more reliable. Also why are these people stoned to death when they will get the punishment in hell. Punishing twice for same crime is unconstitutional .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Stoning to death is just another barbaric Wahabi punishment as it was never stated in the Quran and I don't think it's practiced anymore. Also, if I'm not mistaken, in Islam if you get your punishment in this life, you won't be punished for it again in the afterlife.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:14 am

Just to touch on the pt raised by Cruyff about people overestimating the intelligence of muslims - I do agree with this pt and it is one not often raised.

Its not to say pinpoint muslims as really that rule can apply to any group of people - including atheists. People are generally stupid and if you go out and survey the general public you are going to get people purporting to have convictions that they do not fully understand and when you actually break it down for them - most will take a more balanced view on the matter.

I was recently at a comedy gig where the comedian was being intentionally provocative and frankly inciting a lot of hatred towards muslim people. The pts he was raising were flawed on a number of levels but the audience (predominantly white, uni educated, secular) were absolutely lapping it up.
Without going into too much.. one example is where the comedian said something to the effect of "I effin hates the musos (muslims) - we should stick 'em all on the back of the train (context not required) and remove the coupling so they all *eff* off and die so we can move on and let humanity progress". The audience seemed to agree and a most got very excited by the proposition.

Tell me, if I showed you this video how would you feel towards the demographic of educated white people?

It is not my experience that most muslims "hate jews". Most will happily make derogatory jokes about jews- akin to English and Welsh, American and Canadian - etc etc. A number of muslims I know view Jews as people of "the book".
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:08 pm

turkey has been hit now
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:15 pm

turkey get hit every day
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Firenze wrote:turkey get hit every day
looks like my family wont be going on holiday to turkey this year then. is there anywhere left that's safe to visit
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:24 pm

skegness or bognor
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:27 pm

Firenze wrote:skegness or bognor
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Algeria and Morocco
I'm serious
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:22 am

For some reason, ISIS never take credit for attacks in Turkey, even though all signs show they're CLEARLY the ones behind them. I wonder why. It's unusual because they usually can't wait to take credit even for attacks that had no connection to them at all (like the Orlando one).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next