Kaladin
rwo power
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Vibe
Robespierre
35 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Your oddest beliefs? - Page 3 Empty Re: Your oddest beliefs?

Post by sumon_blue Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:46 am

I believed Arsenal was going to win UCL-2006.

sumon_blue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Not sure how odd these are but I'll give it a go:

1) Arsenal's Invincibles are the most ovverated team I have ever seen. A lot of my Arsenal mates say they are one of the best teams of all time and even compares them to prime Pepcelona. I don't even think they are the best epl team! United from 07-09 and Chelsea from 04/05 get my vote there.

They aren't even the best unbeaten side I have seen. Capello's Milan and van Gaal's Ajax are on another level. Ironically van Gaal's ajax beat that team 3 games in a row. Only reason they are talked about so much is because sky and premfaces keep shoving them in our faces.

2) United's treble is the  worst I have seen and the most ovverated. They gave us a bigger lesson in football than Barcelona did in 2011 final, or Bayern did against Chelsea in 2012. Another ovverated team that was outclassed by some scrub Madrid team when we were defending champions. They don't hold a candle to our 08 team. Another team shoved down our throats by sky.

3) Had Louis Saha been less injury prone, he could have become a world class striker. He had it all.

4) I find it odd that people on this forum discredit CR with words such as tap in merchant then try to use the same thing to claim Neytap is better. You know yourselves. I actually think CR is underrated tbh. If Messi wasn't here people would appreciate him a bit more. Is he the most complete goal scorer of all time? Perhaps. What I am certain of is that he has more in his repitoire than Thiago Messi.

5) Romario was ovverated. Thought so then, think so now. Baggio was incredible. Beckham is underrated.

6) Pirlo has gone from being underrated to being grossly ovverated. This happened right around the time he dominated England in Euros 12. Before that most of those clowns didn't have a clue who he was. His best years were at Juve for me where he was the undisputed playmaker. At Milan they had Rui Costa, Seedorf and Kaka.

Last edited by jibers on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Odd beliefs or just odd thoughts? I shall go with the latter...

I was incredibly annoyed when Real Madrid let Portillo leave. Swear I thought he was our next Raul.

Believed Mourinho when he said Obi Mikel would be world class in five years back in 05. Still waiting on that, pretty sure he regressed.

Thought Paul Robinson would have been part of the great English goal keepers discussion. Speaking of Leeds, I rated Seth Johnson quite highly at one point in time.

Of the serious belief an unnatural amount of football managers use FM to scout players particularly Harry Redknapp.

Thought the poster Mole (real name probably Rupert) was actually from Newcastle.

Of the real belief Gil isn't one person but brothers or friends using one account.

Also think the Invincibles were incredibly over hyped as they barely did much when they face Valencia that year. (Turns out, they actually were that good of a team).

Last edited by Doc on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Dante wrote:I also liked Real's Guti a lot , i always thought he was kinda underappreciated at Real , because of their hype for the big names in football. I always though Guti was quality and on par with many other top midfielders in his day .

Guti had the talent that was on par with Xavi but chose to chase trannies and look like Redondo instead of putting his head down and work. He also basically showed up once a month and had probably 2 legitimately good seasons at the club. Other than that, wonderful f-ing footballer to watch.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Laughing Name is Jack mate, fortunately nothing like our dear friend Jack Warner.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Nice try, Rupert
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Laughing This is going to become a thing now isn't it?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:28 pm

i believed mou screwed over sahin and he could've been great for us, even for arsenal he would have been great and mou made sure to send him to freaking rogers :facepalm:

also truly think that illarra can be better than xabi, if given proper support instead being treated like an outcast, but expected to be great the few games he gets Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Rupert Hernandez Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:34 pm

chad4401 wrote:i believed mou screwed over sahin and he could've been great for us, even for arsenal he would have been great and mou made sure to send him to freaking rogers :facepalm:

also truly think that illarra can be better than xabi, if given proper support instead being treated like an outcast, but expected to be great the few games he gets Laughing

Your oddest beliefs? - Page 3 669
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:43 pm

S wrote:Rupert Hernandez Proud

More like

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Laughing This is going to become a thing now isn't it?

Yeah but when in doubt, blame Rebs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Agreed Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:09 pm

laugh now dante but even if it isn't with madrid, illarra gonna be special
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:14 pm

that falcao will return to glory... Sad
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:21 pm

chad4401 wrote:laugh now dante but even if it isn't with madrid, illarra gonna be special

I could agree Illarramendi has , maybe , the right skillset required to perhaps become a really important player in the years to come , tbh i kinda like him too as a player no matter what they say about his price and all , but come on . He'll never be as good as Xabi , let alone better than him. 23 years old Xabi was playing a CL final against the strongest Milan of the 00s and in any case , he had shown better skill and wit than Illara has in his career so far . Illara's achievement at that age was a transfer to Real Madrid , not to diminish him as they both won the CL at the same age (right?) , but Illara didn't quite have the same impact Xabi did for his team to win the CL .

Maybe not the best argument i could make , but from what i remember at least , Xabi was better by that age and certainly became better and better season after season . Can't say i am nearly as impressed as i was with Xabi Alonso.  

Just my opinion , like you have yours . Xabi was already a beast by 25 ffs , i don't see the same quality in Illara i saw from Xabi at that age . Even if his technique improves a lot over the years , i really doubt he has the same football intelligence Xabi has shown in his career . Dude can pass you the ball within 35-45m and make it seem it was the simplest shit ever rofl

He has a long way to go , let's leave it at that .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3