LeVersacci
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Fallout 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Fallout 4

Post by Firenze Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:32 pm

story was the worst ever in this one IMO, you should get on new vegas eventually, with mods on PC it should still hold up, I quit it about 1/6th of the way in due to fatigue but I hear it's very good.

I loved exploring the open world in this at the time because I love the setting but when I think back, it wasn't particularly rewarding. There wasn't too many great secrets/sidequests to find.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Wasn't as big as i thought it would be. most areas were re-skinned. Institute was unique though.

Quest game was nowhere near how it was in witcher 3 for example. msot quests in this one made you go find object x and kill mutants/ghouls/raiders.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:38 pm

I could never persist with a game I don't enjoy lol, for example since Witcher 3 I have completed two games and one was Life is Strange so I'm not sure that counts.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Oh I enjoyed it. Wasn't put off by it at anytime. Spent like a month or so on it afterall.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:51 pm

I mean completely hmm

Sounds like you didn't enjoy the story or it's characters tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Wasn't really playing for the story. Delayed the main quest till i had nothing left. Other aspects of the game were quite enjoyable though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:43 am

Why does it bother some people so much that others enjoy games that they don't? Seems a bit desperate, to be honest.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:39 am

My last great gun I found was an unlimited ammo railgun. Wish it was unlimited ammo in general and not just regarding reload but it was still amazing.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:22 am

Time to start playing again; the Creation Kit beta is out =D
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 08, 2016 8:18 am

A new case from Valentine's Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we've ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 08, 2016 10:40 am

Is it free though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 08, 2016 10:53 am

Nah hmm

£20 if I recall which is fair enough considering its a whole new story in a whole new area and in Bethesda words " the largest land mass we have created for a DLC "
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 19, 2016 9:45 pm

How is the DLC thimmy?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 19, 2016 9:47 pm

heard it runs like shit on console
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 20, 2016 12:05 am

RealGunner wrote:How is the DLC thimmy?

I haven't even started on it, yet Razz I'm doing the Mechanist DLC right now. Will start on Far Harbor once I'm done with the last one. I'm not at all impressed by the Mechanist DLC.

Being able to build your own customizable robot companion is pretty cool, but they made it so that the upgrades are tiered, and as a result, you'll always go for the last and consequently best robot companion upgrade you've discovered/as opposed to having multiple different options. I'm on the last part of the story - where you confront the Mechanist. The new mission has been pretty mediocre up until this point. I do like the new Tesla cannon gun I found along the way, though. I hope Far Harbor will be a lot better than this one, because the Mechanist DLC has been a long and boring fetch quest, so far. All I've been doing is going back to old locations to pick up item x, y and zZzzz.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 20, 2016 12:10 am

Firenze wrote:heard it runs like shit on console

That doesn't surprise me at all. I noticed significant frame rate drops, as soon as I booted up the game... and I haven't even started on Far Harbor, yet.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Thimmy wrote:

I haven't even started on it, yet Razz I'm doing the Mechanist DLC right now. Will start on Far Harbor once I'm done with the last one. I'm not at all impressed by the Mechanist DLC.

Being able to build your own customizable robot companion is pretty cool, but they made it so that the upgrades are tiered, and as a result, you'll always go for the last and consequently best robot companion upgrade you've discovered/as opposed to having multiple different options. I'm on the last part of the story - where you confront the Mechanist. The new mission has been pretty mediocre up until this point. I do like the new Tesla cannon gun I found along the way, though. I hope Far Harbor will be a lot better than this one, because the Mechanist DLC has been a long and boring fetch quest, so far. All I've been doing is going back to old locations to pick up item x, y and zZzzz.

Heard harbor is massive and quite a lot of stuff to do. I doubt i'll get it anytime soon but still interested to see what u think of it. Update me when you are done with it pls
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 20, 2016 9:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Heard harbor is massive and quite a lot of stuff to do. I doubt i'll get it anytime soon but still interested to see what u think of it. Update me when you are done with it pls

I'm going to start on it right now. If it's as large as I hear it is, I probably won't be able to finish it until sometime next week. The Mechanist sidequest was pathetic. I won't even bother to spoil it. Forgettable. Worst plot twist, ever.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 20, 2016 9:47 pm

lmao it looked quite bad tbh.

I still dont understand fallout 4. I spent so long on it and was so addicted but i don't even think it was a great game.

same feelings about the DLC. I really dont feel like getting it but at the same time i want to try it at some point

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 20, 2016 9:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:
I still dont understand fallout 4. I spent so long on it and was so addicted but i don't even think it was a great game.

That's the feeling I was left with after completing the game, as well. It's a pretty large game, and it has it's strong points, but overall it's not really that great a game, in my opinion. Basically, it did some things quite well, but nothing about the game was great.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 25, 2016 10:25 pm

OK, so this DLC was significantly larger than I had expected. Also, Battleborn just released it's 26th character, so finishing Far Harbor looks like it's going to take some time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 26, 2016 1:06 pm

heard people saying Far harbor is better than commonwealth?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu May 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Heard they revoked those free season passes from months ago ppl like me got ffs, would check it otherwise. game was far too average to spend more money and time on
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 26, 2016 8:19 pm

RealGunner wrote:heard people saying Far harbor is better than commonwealth?

I don't know about that. I haven't explored the entirety of Far Harbor/The Island yet, but it's not that different. The scenery is very dark and gloomy, and there's fog everywhere. I do like the new song that plays in the background when you're on the island, though. I want to continue on the main quest, but I had an RG moment and decided to take on all of the sidequests first Laughing All I've gotten for it so far, is a few crap, legendary weapons and a couple of settlements that I probably won't ever use. I've noticed that every time a quest giver tells me that I'm getting a family heirloom or something that sounds valuable, it turns out to be a shitty, legendary hayfork or something :facepalm:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 28, 2016 4:25 am

I've finished the Far Harbour DLC, and I deleted Fallout 4 since I probably won't ever be tempted to play the game again. The DLC is alright. It's basically just more of what was already there. The setting of The Island is darker, and some areas of it look pretty damn good at times - especially during sunset. The actual content isn't really an improvement on the main game, though.

The main quest in the DLC was decently interesting, but like the game itself, I don't think there was anything spectacular about it. There are 3 brand new weapons, and one or two new monsters + one new companion.. which is pretty neat, I guess. Wohoo. I'm pretty sure I finished all of the sidequests in the new area, and they were mostly underwhelming/on par with the rest of the sidequests in the game. I probably wouldn't recommend the Far Harbor DLC to anyone who's expecting anything else than more of what was already there. They might as well have used an area of Commonwealth, toned sunlight way down, added lots of fog and trees, and no one would've complained about it. The change of atmosphere was refreshing for a short while, but since the scenery, the enemies, and the soundtrack are all mostly the same/repetitive - it didn't feel that different from Commonwealth. In Commonwealth there's a lot of desert everywhere, while on The Island there's fog and trees everywhere. I suppose I shouldn't expect The Witcher- level of detail in Fallout 4, but these landscapes have so little variation from area to area that they start looking stale after a while.

Also, there's a "Tron"- like part of the main quest, where you have to solve an old-school puzzle in a computer world. I thought it was alright at first, but you have to complete 5 stages of it, and it REALLY broke the immersion from the main quest. There's a pretty good amount of content in Far Harbor, but there's hardly anything new in it.
IGN's journalist apparently enjoyed the DLC a lot more than I did.

Dan Stapleton wrote:By Dan Stapleton Far Harbor may be perpetually gloomy, but it’s big: this expansion presents a whole island’s worth of some of the strongest quest content we’ve seen in Fallout 4 yet. It’s packed with interesting characters who present tough, morally gray decisions, and their outcome had me feeling like I’d left a real mark on this self-contained region. 8.3/10

Some people have reported performance issues while playing Far Harbor on PS4. I didn't really notice anything personally, but I've gotten used to FPS drops in Fallout 4, due to my massive, glitched settlements.

Minor spoiler:

Spoiler:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 28, 2016 8:40 am

Yea think I'll give it a pass unless its available for free.

Would only play it to explore anyways. Don't want to spend £20 odd just for that.

Thanks for the review though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next