McAgger
Muppet
Art Morte
Dredg
DeletedUser#1
19 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Official Rodgers Out Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Rodgers Out Thread

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:11 am

My point of a DoF is of some one experienced to guide the policies of transfers better. To better negotiate with FSG and also better provide for Rodgers. Also a recognised DoF has significant pull the market as well.

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rodgers Out Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Rodgers Out Thread

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:35 am

My problem with a director of football or transfer committees is that no one knows - at least no one should know - better than the manager what the team needs. Therefore the manager should clearly be the one making all the calls in regards to which players the club's trying to bring in (to the senior squad).

When DoFs and the likes start making the calls on buying players, that's when you get deals like Bebe, Osvaldo, Shevchenko etc. Deals that happen because a player was available, because a player was offered at a good price, because someone else than the manager thought "this guy's good enough to play for us, so let's get him". But it's only the manager who knows well enough what the team needs. That's why I don't like DoFs or committees or whatever, because their "help" to the manager about transfers is also a distraction, because they don't know as well as the manager what precisely is needed, so they may recommend players who look good on paper / come at a good price / show potential, but aren't exactly what is needed.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:22 pm

I wouldn't be upset with getting Klopp, but I still think it's selling Rodgers short and being way too hasty. Like I said in the other topic:

Oh well, on to the next. I think this season if nothing else will be a big growing experience and learning experience for the squad and the manager. If he stays on, and I hope he does since I think FSG aren't going to judge Rodgers solely on a few bad months when his large body of work has been successful with Liverpool, I think that he will be able to adjust and work around his failures of this season.

It's easy enough for flip-flopping fans on a message board to say "WE NEED TO SCORE" but who is going to do the scoring exactly? We've already spread the goals all around the team without a decent goalscorer but it will only go so far before you need a reliable striker and Sturridge is not that man. Call it over-sight, ignorance or stupidity but I think Rodgers has shown what he is capable of when he has a good squad (and it was only good with Suarez, imagine him under the helm of squads that Arsenal, United, City and Chelsea can put out). I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he can be provided with a legitimate goalscorer next season to see our fortunes change.

Ultimately unless Rodgers seriously outmanaged all of Mourinho, Wenger, Pelle and LvG top 4 wasn't realistic with the team we were fielding, especially since Sturridge is not nearly good enough to carry the line by himself and has been dealing with non-stop injuries.

Red Alert wrote:De Boer is better than Rodgers but I agree that we should pass.

So you clearly don't watch the Eredivisie at all, and have no clue what you are talking about. You would be hard pressed to find a single Ajax fan that actually lives in the Netherlands or follows the team that thinks FdB is a good coach lol
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:51 pm

El Cujo wrote:
It's easy enough for flip-flopping fans on a message board to say "WE NEED TO SCORE" but who is going to do the scoring exactly?

We need to play faster and with more urgency in attack and that's exactly what the manager can and should have an impact on. Rodgers doesn't need to be going "we need to score!" at the players, but he does need to be saying "we need to play faster and take more risks in final third!", but he isn't doing that. We've seen us play like against West Brom countless of times by now. Total control of the game, but way way way too slow in attack.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:29 pm

When do the players take responsibility for that though? Again it's easy to say 'play faster' but it's much more difficult to put it into effect if the players are struggling or not in form. Sterling specifically has been really poor in the final third basically all year and often enough Coutinho's penetration and chances come to nothing. Teams are sitting back and putting a lot of players behind the ball making it even more difficult to play fast because it's easy to be dispossessed -- it's almost forcing us to probe.

Meh, I think Rodgers has definitely shown some areas he needs work on this season, but he's also shown some good things and deserves more time and more respect than he's received.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Art, we did not have a DoF but I think Rodgers was still forced to get Balotelli just because he was available :coffee:
A model with DoF has its own pros and cons, you just have to make sure that the cons get avoided by having the right understanding between coach and DoF!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:35 am

"Forced to get Balotelli" rofl

No. He had 2 f***** months to replace Suarez. TWO MONTHS.

He stalled on addressing the issue until deadline day. Where he had to "choose" from Eto'o OR Balotelli because they were the only ones available then and there.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Art, we did not have a DoF but I think Rodgers was still forced to get Balotelli just because he was available :coffee:
A model with DoF has its own pros and cons, you just have to make sure that the cons get avoided by having the right understanding between coach and DoF!

I said "DoF or the likes", there shouldn't be anyone or anything buying players for the senior squad over the manager.

Personally I'm in the opinion that Balotelli was a good buy, though, and should be given more chances, just preferably not as the lone striker.

Also what Albert said. If Rodgers didn't want Balotelli, he should have brought someone else in.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Rodgers tried to get Costa. Sanchez and Reus supposedly. None of them wanted to come here. You guys have no idea who he tried or dudnt try to get the only thing we've heard is that the main targets Rodgers wanted went elsewhere or didn't want to move and he didn't want Balotelli.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:08 am

Cujo, what's your excuse for Rodgers scrubbing against Villa, WBA, Hull in consecutive matches in the 3 most important matches of the season.

*Ignoring the fact that these results are following absolute embarrassments against Arsenal and United.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:24 am

He should be sacked so I don't have to read endless whining about him when our players play poorly.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:29 am

El Cujo wrote:He should be sacked so I don't have to read endless whining about him when our players play poorly.

And who's responsibility is it to make sure players don't play poorly. Like train them, motivate them and get them up the pitch ?

Is it the players that have gone back to rigid 4-3-3 that had us in relegation form after Sturridge's injury from September to mid-December ?

Is it the players that keep playing that piss-take Balotelli as a lone striker when we had a 3 months proof that it wasn't working ?

And he's been here for 3 years now. This is his squad. He can't complain about "players" EVEN if they are the ones letting him down. It's the players he has assembled.

I'm sick of this accepting mediocrity and defeatism among the fan base. If FSG aren't contacting Klopp now, then I hope they go bankrupt.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:50 am

Natalie Portman wrote:I'm sick of this accepting mediocrity and defeatism among the fan base. If FSG aren't contacting Klopp now, then I hope they go bankrupt.

And I'm sick of the instant gratification needed and entitled attitudes. As though we deserve a top 4 spot despite having a lower budget, worse players, and a young manager. On top of this players that could put us over the edge don't want to come here. Yes throw Rodgers to the wolves because he has had one poor season (a season in which there have been a ton of bad circumstances and he should still secure 5th place).

I don't really carewhat happens I'll support the club no matter what but Rodgers deserves another season and maybe some players that can score.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:42 am

And I'm sick of the instant gratification needed and entitled attitudes.
Shocked

For half the games we have played this season, we have been poor. Even at this stage of the season, he isn't getting the formation, players and substitution right.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:13 am

El Cujo wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:I'm sick of this accepting mediocrity and defeatism among the fan base. If FSG aren't contacting Klopp now, then I hope they go bankrupt.

And I'm sick of the instant gratification needed and entitled attitudes. As though we deserve a top 4 spot despite having a lower budget, worse players, and a young manager. On top of this players that could put us over the edge don't want to come here. Yes throw Rodgers to the wolves because he has had one poor season (a season in which there have been a ton of bad circumstances and he should still secure 5th place).

I don't really carewhat happens I'll support the club no matter what but Rodgers deserves another season and maybe some players that can score.

What about Basel, did they have a bigger budget and better players?

What about Besiktas?

What about Aston Villa?

And to go from 84 points last season to what will probably be something like 65 points, with over 100m to spend to replace your one departing big player and with a young and hungry team that's supposed to be entering its peak, in a league that's been at its weakest for years this season, it's just not good management. We are Liverpool and we shouldn't settle for this level of standard.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:40 am

El Cujo wrote:Rodgers tried to get Costa. Sanchez and Reus supposedly. None of them wanted to come here. You guys have no idea who he tried or dudnt try to get the only thing we've heard is that the main targets Rodgers wanted went elsewhere or didn't want to move and he didn't want Balotelli.

Costa used Liverpool to get a luxury deal at Atletico.
Where have we even been linked to Reus?
Sanchez rejected us because Arsenal has a better future / is better than us because of Rodgers "limitations". lmao

Again, he didn't want Balotelli. Who cares. Let's take Balotelli out of the equation. Why did it take TO DEADLINE DAY to push for a striker? He lost Suarez in June pretty much. (official in July or whatever)

HE KNEW Sturridge was injury prone.

So our season failed because we signed Mario at the end of it?

El Cujo wrote:He should be sacked so I don't have to read endless whining about him when our players play poorly.

So Rodgers takes all the credit for last season (when it was clearly because of Suarez) when players were performing and takes absolutely nothing when we "failed"?

I honestly hope you follow him to Manchester City. Save me a headache with endless aimless re-writing propaganda. Also cannot wait for the day you tell your children how you were blessed to watch such a miracle worker in Brendan. Proud

Art Morte wrote:
El Cujo wrote:

What about Basel, did they have a bigger budget and better players?

What about Besiktas?

What about Aston Villa?

And to go from 84 points last season to what will probably be something like 65 points, with over 100m to spend to replace your one departing big player and with a young and hungry team that's supposed to be entering its peak, in a league that's been at its weakest for years this season, it's just not good management. We are Liverpool and we shouldn't settle for this level of standard.

Finally. Took 2 years of being called a "fake fan" and "pessimist" and all this other shit, but people are finally opening their eyes. Get Klopp in and consider me a happy man. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:02 am

Just being emo.

Embarassed

Last edited by El Cujo on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:12 am

Sanchez rejected us because Arsenal has a better future / is better than us because of Rodgers "limitations". lmao

LMAO just making shit up as you go lol
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Wenger is very appealing to players, he's been through it all, is widely respected and players know he wants his teams to play good football. London is also a more appealing place for foreign players to live in than Liverpool. I think as long as Wenger is at Arsenal, they'll be more appealing to players than us, regardless who's our manager (although Klopp might attract some German players).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Art Morte wrote:Wenger is very appealing to players, he's been through it all, is widely respected and players know he wants his teams to play good football. London is also a more appealing place for foreign players to live in than Liverpool. I think as long as Wenger is at Arsenal, they'll be more appealing to players than us, regardless who's our manager (although Klopp might attract some German players).

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Rodgers wrote:"We were fighting so hard in those games - we won 10 out of 13," he said. "We were playing catch up for a lot of the season and we got ourselves into a great position.

"We lost a couple of big games, which probably dented our confidence a bit. That's the challenge for me for next year, building a team that can get through the rough waters as well.

"That's going to be critical for us. We have got a lot of fantastic players and youthful players but at the times in the season where it is tough, we have to be able to get through that.

"If you're going to make a challenge, like we did last year, at the top end that's what you're going to need.

"That will be the challenge for me between now and the end of pre-season, to rebuild a group and team that can get through not just the smooth but the rough waters."

He doesn't sound worried about the future, but obviously if we completely fold to end this season or Klopp shows interest in Liverpool I could see him go.

mr-r34 wrote:Sanchez rejected us because Arsenal has a better future / is better than us because of Rodgers "limitations". lmao

From what I heard actually was that we had a deal in place for Sanchez before Arsenal even became interested but whoever does our negotiating for contracts was squabbling too much over the wages/structure and Arsenal got in afterwards so he turned away. In theory we could have got him if we had not fought too much over the contract details and made the signing more quickly.

I think that in part Rodgers can be blamed for our failures in the market, but I don't think it's fair to give him the majority of the blame. Maybe his back-up targets have not been great but in reality it seems too often like it's the contract negotiations and urgency of getting a signing done that have been our real issues of late. I don't understand why that's allowed to persist. If they identify a target (especially one as talented as Sanchez for example) they need to go out and get it done.

Even now with the rumours of us being interested in Memphis and United has not yet contacted him because they're hoping to have him as a back-up if they can't get Bale. They need to get in now and buy him, get the contract hammered out and not give other teams a chance to snake in. There's no reason why our dealings have to always be at the last minute, and with the most shrewd of negotiations. None.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:27 pm

My confusion is that. . . there aren't even any rumors about Klopp!!! And we are making points and arguing like 10 year olds!!

I mean at least let there be something of any substance affraid

Shocked :brickwall:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:43 am

Luckily this time around we have stability in terms of owners.

In terms of management, even if Klopp or Rafa takes over from Rodgers, I doubt I will be straight forward happy with the choice(unlike some of you) until we win a trophy like EPL Title or consistently finish top 4 for like 2-3 seasons. So for me it all lools gloomy right now.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:02 am

mr-r34 wrote:Sanchez rejected us because Arsenal has a better future / is better than us because of Rodgers "limitations". lmao

Making shit up how? "LMAO"

Or is next year our year??? Actually, what exactly ARE your thoughts? Would like to hear them. I mean, one week you're on your knees for Rodgers and the next you're full against him... about as bipolar as the other special 3.

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Luckily this time around we have stability in terms of owners.

In terms of management, even if Klopp or Rafa takes over from Rodgers, I doubt I will be straight forward happy with the choice(unlike some of you) until we win a trophy like EPL Title or consistently finish top 4 for like 2-3 seasons. So for me it all lools gloomy right now.

Because you're delighted with Rodgers winning the EPL title and consistently finishing in the top 4 amirite? lmao
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:35 am

Red Alert wrote:

Making shit up how? "LMAO"

Or is next year our year??? Actually, what exactly ARE your thoughts? Would like to hear them. I mean, one week you're on your knees for Rodgers and the next you're full against him... about as bipolar as the other special 3.

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Luckily this time around we have stability in terms of owners.

Because you're delighted with Rodgers winning the EPL title and consistently finishing in the top 4 amirite? lmao

oh and I am sure you would be delighted Klopp taking us at least half a season in relegation zone Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Not Really, me arguing that you can't just make shit up and blame everything on Rodgers doesn't mean he has my full backing.

Can you please provide me on a quote or did you just come back from a coffee with Sanchez when he told you Rodgers limitations was a key in him not coming.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next