Harmonica
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
McAgger
Jonathan28
85 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

CL Final: Juventus Vs Barcelona - Page 24 Empty Re: CL Final: Juventus Vs Barcelona

Post by The Franchise Mon 8 Jun - 18:09:13

Cruijf wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

The only exception refs make is when the hand is in an unnatural position. For example when a man in the wall puts his hand in front of his face and the ball hits it. Not intentional, but still a handball.

Nope. That's another misconception.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

No mention of this 'unnatural position' BS pundits throw around to sound like they know the rules. In fact, it actually says:

"The position of the hand does not necessarily mean there is an infringement."

A handball is only a handball if it is done deliberately. That's why, in the example you used, refs will almost never call handballs if the hand is just in front of the face as a protective reflex. They will call it if the hand is over the face or away from the body, because they're inferring no one would put their hand their except to block the flight of the ball, thus being a deliberate handball.

I know thats not part of the rule, but that is most certainly how refs do it.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

CL Final: Juventus Vs Barcelona - Page 24 Empty Re: CL Final: Juventus Vs Barcelona

Post by Thimmy Mon 8 Jun - 20:34:56

Bankz wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:A handball must be intentional...I thought everyone already knew this, this is surprising.

The only exception refs make is when the hand is in an unnatural position. For example when a man in the wall puts his hand in front of his face and the ball hits it. Not intentional, but still a handball.

That can be exploited. I don't think Neymar put his hand there intentionally, but to me, it looked like the header would've missed the goal entirely if it hadn't rebounded slightly off his hand. It's going to take some really bad acting for hand balls to look intentional in a situation where you head the ball onto your hand, and so it's very possible to use one's hand to narrow down the angle of the headed shot without making it look intentional.

You really, slightly, maybe just believe that a player who is on a goal really feels he genuinely would be better aided to score if he uses his hand from a header? Neymar must be a genius Very Happy

Well, I thought we were discussing the rule, not this particular incident. Clearly, I didn't explain it well. What I'm basically saying is that the hand could act as a safety net, in case one's header doesn't connect well with the ball for whatever reason.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon 8 Jun - 20:46:56

Anyone else thought Juventus were due a penalty before Suarez's goal?

Alves practically tried to pin Pogba like they were in a wrestling ring.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon 8 Jun - 21:00:04

There's a few pages of discussing that alleged penalty... lets end this because the refereeing been almost flawless.

The better team won and thats all.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Mon 8 Jun - 23:40:48

congrats to barca and all of their fans. they were by far the best team and it wasnt for buffon they would of won by 4 or 5.

so happy watching juve lose in europe again. Smile
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24