windkick
BarrileteCosmico
Myesyats
neuro11
Beautiful Football
25 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

UCL | 1/2 (1st Leg) | FC Barcelona vs FC Bayern Munich - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL | 1/2 (1st Leg) | FC Barcelona vs FC Bayern Munich

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 6 May - 22:21:48

MEEESSIIIIII!!!

Alves just got his renewal

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

UCL | 1/2 (1st Leg) | FC Barcelona vs FC Bayern Munich - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL | 1/2 (1st Leg) | FC Barcelona vs FC Bayern Munich

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 6 May - 22:22:43

alexjanosik wrote:I get playing direct to exploit them but we have messed up a lot of chances by rushing plays.Patient play would have led to better openings.
On the flip side Bayern just messed up a 4 vs 2 play at around the 65th minute because they played it too patiently.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed 6 May - 22:39:40

Alves had an immense game.Best player on the pitch after Messi.I hope he has silenced his critics once and for all.Been a beast all season.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed 6 May - 22:44:33

"Bayern's midfield is much better than Barca's and Thiago would dominate the midfield in this game." - ?

Anyone wishes to replace the '?' with his name ???

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed 6 May - 22:46:39

I agree with alex. About the only thing I could find fault with today in our team is that at times we are a bit rushed in possession. In fact in only two ways did I think Bayern could possibly be better than us - a little more calm in possession and Manuel Neuer.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed 6 May - 22:48:20

If ever I have said this I have said this with at least a shred of doubt but for once let me say Lionel Messi is quite simply the greatest footballer I have ever seen playing the game.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed 6 May - 22:49:42

i never in my life wanna hear a suarez or neymar comparison to messi.
like get shat on bayern..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed 6 May - 22:51:00

Thank you for playing the game Leo.
I have no other words for now.
Further assessment tomorrow
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed 6 May - 22:54:10

Now on to Luis Enrique.

1. I have mentioned earlier how the signing of Luis Suarez gave us an extra dimension. Luis deserves full credit for making best use of him.

2. As people have mentioned before Neymar has improved maybe partly thanks to Luis.

3. It's a big irony that the coach who supposedly fought with Messi to the extent that it's one or the other has rediscovered Messi. I can't recognize this player from the one from last season. Last season he sometimes sleepwalked but still made lots of goals and assists. This season he is so completed involved in the game.

4. Ivan Rakitic - At least one way in which he is miles better than Fabregas is that his off the ball movement is several times better and given the way Barca are used to playing that makes a big difference. A very nice game today. Here too Luis deserves credit for using him well.

5. I must not forget to say this. After ages Barca have again learned how to press. Wonderful work from the entire team today in winning the ball all across the pitch not to mention the various twists, turns and nutmegs with which we managed to move it here and there making them chase shadows. Many players deserve credit here.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed 6 May - 22:57:14

also Mascherano or not in CB we are efficient in defending this year.
I don't know how or why but we are.
Props to LE
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed 6 May - 22:58:03

Now on to Pep Guardiola and Bayern Munich.

Not for a second have I been completely convinced by this team and especially when they are without Robben I perhaps don't even see them as a great team. They all play in a style that's not too difficult to break but Robben makes the difference. He is the outball who really makes all their play dangerous. Without him they are largely toothless.

Of course Pep is a brilliant coach but that does not mean he can go and build that Barca anywhere and everywhere simply because he just cannot find Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc. again.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed 6 May - 23:04:31

Just read this on Twitter :-

Bayern Munich: Tonight failed to have a shot on target for the first time in a league or European match since October 2009

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed 6 May - 23:17:56

Halftime possession for anybody curious

Barcelona: 52%
Bayern : 48%

Final possession stats
Barcelona: 45%
Bayern : 55%
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed 6 May - 23:20:14

People will complain for low possession stats aren't they?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed 6 May - 23:21:01

I just wrote this on Twitter :-

If this season's Lionel Messi had played WC 2014 Argentina would have won the trophy.

At least we should win Copa America 2015.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Wed 6 May - 23:30:00; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 6 May - 23:21:08

What did you guys think of Pep and Bayern approach to the game?

I felt they were pretty spot on other then the first 30 minutes or so they played with at the back, but Pep fixed that. At the end Messi came in for us big time and Boateng let the back line down for them.

Anyways funny thing is every CL game we've had from group stages till now has been against league winners in the pervious season Laughing

Hope Juve pull through, so we can make this memorable if we win.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Wed 6 May - 23:31:23

Told ya we'd hammer them. It could have been a manita, too.

I'm glad to see Alves has rediscovered his true self this season. I hope he stays for at least another one.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Wed 6 May - 23:32:15

Vengeance for '13
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 6 May - 23:36:09

danyjr wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So nothing like the Madrid game then?

On the contrary, watch the match until the 60th minute. It was all Madrid and then a goal from Suárez which came out of nowhere changed the match.

Except no it wasn't Madrid had a lot of the ball, but hardly forced Bravo into a save outside of a couple of Benzema chances.

Barca created more chances in last 20 minutes alone when they laid seige to the Madrid goal.

Good day to you sir.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed 6 May - 23:38:32

Another good one from Twitter :-

Heard at the Camp Nou
- (a friend to an Argentinean) You must be happy for your compatriot
- he's not Argentinean, he is from Mars

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 6 May - 23:49:23

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Except no it wasn't Madrid had a lot of the ball, but hardly forced Bravo into a save outside of a couple of Benzema chances.

Barca created more chances in last 20 minutes alone when they laid seige to the Madrid goal.

Good day to you sir.

What are you talking about Laughing

12': Cristiano hits the bar
13': Isco shot just wide
19': Mathieu scores from a free kick
30': Neymar misses shot from Suárez after a free kick
31': Cristiano scores from some beautiful one touch play football
40': Benzema fails to score
41': Bale's goal ruled out for offside (matter of an inch)
42': Cristiano tests Bravo from distance
45': Bale and Benzema again fail to capitalise a chance from a few yards out (corner kick)
48': Ronaldo and Benzema once again link up superbly but the Frenchman again fails on the big occasion to convert his one on one chance
56': Suárez scores from a long ball

This is the turning point of the game. To think Barcelona were the better team prior to this moment is absurd. A couple of chances made from free kicks and long balls is what Barcelona fans are proud of these days? Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed 6 May - 23:52:43

Care to talk about the cl game?
Pretty proud of that by the way

Last edited by billy_gr on Wed 6 May - 23:53:38; edited 1 time in total
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 6 May - 23:52:59

Messi still has me in awe
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 7 May - 1:21:36

Barcelona didn't allow any shot on target in 4 games this season: Elche (24A), Villarreal (31A), Elche (8J), Bayern (6May)

Bayern our new Elche. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu 7 May - 3:48:52

What a great team game, good lord
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 7 May - 4:52:43

The feeling after this game overshadows even beating Madrid, which is hard to do.

It was a beautiful game, and to come out with a win, and in such a fashion...I can't stop smiling. What a great day for football.

Lionel Messi has to be the greatest of all time, he has to be.

And I agree with Alex, Dani Alves was the second best on the pitch after Messi. If Messi was human, Alves would have been the best on the pitch today--he was unreal. Pressing after every ball, harassing every Bayern player near him, winning the ball up top. Should have had a goal to top it off if not for a great Neuer save. Insane game from him.

Iniesta I thought raised his game and looked much more like the old Iniesta we've seen. Perhaps not as penetrative as he would like (however he still looked confined in his role) but still had some great passes, did some good defending and his dribbling was brilliant at times. Did his role well.

Pique looked back to his best. Despite Mascherano at times trying his best to put the Barca backline in trouble, Pique didn't really put a step wrong. Good distribution and stopped everything that came his way.

Alba actually looked good tonight. Was a threat offensively running in behind Bayern at times and his pace troubled and inhibited Rafinha. Had several good interceptions and his passing tonight wasn't bad either. I wouldn't say he was outstanding at all but he had a solid, reliable game where he looked good and I can commend him for that.

Suarez didn't take his chances but was fantastic all night. The difference he makes to this team is unreal. Also, his workrate upfront is great to see week in week out and he does a job winning the ball back up in dangerous positions. Was dangerous all night and kept Bayern's hands full as well.

Neymar drifted in and out of the game but had some moments of pure magic. The boy will take over the team when Messi is done, he's something special. To kill off the tie in the dying moments of the game, running up to an intimidating goalkeeper like Neuer and slotting it home, at his age, as cool as you like? Cold blooded.

Of course, like I said...Messi...greatest of all time. That's all I can say.

What a brilliant game to watch. Beautiful game, beautiful team. I'm ecstatic.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next