windkick
BarrileteCosmico
Myesyats
neuro11
Beautiful Football
25 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

UCL | 1/2 (1st Leg) | FC Barcelona vs FC Bayern Munich - Page 7 Empty Re: UCL | 1/2 (1st Leg) | FC Barcelona vs FC Bayern Munich

Post by The Franchise Fri May 08, 2015 11:46 am

Fußball wrote:If you put it like that. Any run off the mill coach can also put his defensive line around the center circle and make a world class squad like Bayern's crush a competition like Bundesliga with total offense football while getting undone against the very best at CL semi-final level. I think AVB can also achieve that. Which is obviously only half the truth but then again organizing counterattacking tactics is also not as simple as dropping back and mindlessly inviting pressure and getting lucky on the break. Getting the balance right it's what it's all about. Neither Pep nor Mourinho do that. One plays total offense, the other total defense. Jupp had the perfect balance and Barca this season also has a near perfect balance.

Jupp? Where was this perfect balance all these years before Bayern? Barca this season? Where was this perfect balance against Madrid? Get off it mate.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

UCL | 1/2 (1st Leg) | FC Barcelona vs FC Bayern Munich - Page 7 Empty Re: UCL | 1/2 (1st Leg) | FC Barcelona vs FC Bayern Munich

Post by The Franchise Fri May 08, 2015 11:57 am

Fußball wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That's fine Futbol but that isn't the reason they lost lol.

In fact until Messi switched on god mode thanks to some misplaced passes from certain Bayern defenders it was really looking like a 0-0 and Barca were stifled once they made the formation switch to something more normal early on.

Yesterday Pep played with 7 defensive (minded) players + 1 CM: 2 CBs, 3 fullbacks, 2 defensive midfielders. On top of that the best GK in the world (who says if Suarez scores that 1 on 1 early on Bayern won't falter already in the first half like they did after the actual 1-0 and the flood gates won't open earlier?). Of course they stiffled Barca with that player material. And even though it was 0-0 for a long time it doesn't mean his tactics were right. A goalkick ending up in a 1 vs. 1 with Neuer? Great approach in a semi-final of the CL.

The tactics were wrong the first 15 minutes, everyone knows that. But it was 0-0 at that point.

What tactics were wrong when we actually won the game?

And that tactic which allowed the chance for the goal kick. What happened? Messi won a header? Who expected Messi to win a long aerial ball and flick it perfectly into the path for a running Suarez? Even if he won the header, they were supposed to be playing the runner offside (high line, sweeper goalie, offside is just logical) but Benatia messed up and played Suarez on. This is not bad tactics, this is the inexplicable.

And in any case as already said, this is all irrelevant because no goals were conceded at that point of Pep's error in judgement.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri May 08, 2015 6:08 pm

Fußball wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:And it's funny because you pretended like Bernat instead of Alaba would not be a quality difference..

What? Me? Alexjanosik said that. I was just doing the usual anti-jinxing stuff. Laughing I knew that he was a random run off the mill Valencia leftback and was hiding my laughter about alexjanosik hyping him up, knowing very well his dislike of Alba while Bernat is actually a worse leftback than Alba. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. Laughing

Hapless_Hans wrote:Individually, we lacked quality

Well, get used to it then if Pep can't make it work without Robbery. Robben is 31, Ribery is 32. Both are made of glass, both will decline within the next 2 seasons. Unless you can get someone like Hazard which you can't, GOATze-Lewa-Müller is your starting attack very soon. Enjoy. :coffee:

I said Bernat has had a very good season and arguably performed better than Alaba.That doesnt mean he is an overall better player.
I also dont agree that Pep is tactically inflexible.He is the most tactically flexible coach on the planet.The only caveat is that the tactics have to fit his philosophy of play.
Do you really think Pep cant set up a team to PTB and counter.Any run of the mill idiot of a manager worth his salt can set up a team to PTB and counter.Which is why the tactic is used by 99 % of the managers out there. It is not exactly rocket science.Do you seriously think the likes of Tony Pulis,Allardyce and Mourinho can PTB but Pep cant?
Any idiot can do it.But it takes a special coach to play the way Pep does.I for one admire him for playing the game the only way it is supposed to be played,the Cruyff way.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Bernat had a very good season and I'm not slating him.
On the contrary he was a very positive surprise.
But he just wasn't up to this game.

Also, he never played ahead of Alaba, only alongside, when Alaba was fit, so it's not an either/or situation.
To say he performed better than Alaba is just very wrong though imo. I think he rather could perform steadily, a bit under the radar, because of Alaba at his side and to support him when needed, while enabling Alaba's roaming.

Apart from that it's not a debate that we wouldn't have looked better if Contento was still our 'backup' left back lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 08, 2015 6:26 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Fußball wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:And it's funny because you pretended like Bernat instead of Alaba would not be a quality difference..

What? Me? Alexjanosik said that. I was just doing the usual anti-jinxing stuff. Laughing I knew that he was a random run off the mill Valencia leftback and was hiding my laughter about alexjanosik hyping him up, knowing very well his dislike of Alba while Bernat is actually a worse leftback than Alba. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. Laughing

Hapless_Hans wrote:Individually, we lacked quality

Well, get used to it then if Pep can't make it work without Robbery. Robben is 31, Ribery is 32. Both are made of glass, both will decline within the next 2 seasons. Unless you can get someone like Hazard which you can't, GOATze-Lewa-Müller is your starting attack very soon. Enjoy. :coffee:

I said Bernat has had a very good season and arguably performed better than Alaba.That doesnt mean he is an overall better player.
I also dont agree that Pep is tactically inflexible.He is the most tactically flexible coach on the planet.The only caveat is that the tactics have to fit his philosophy of play.
Do you really think Pep cant set up a team to PTB and counter.Any run of the mill idiot of a manager worth his salt can set up a team to PTB and counter.Which is why the tactic is used by 99 % of the managers out there. It is not exactly rocket science.Do you seriously think the likes of Tony Pulis,Allardyce and Mourinho can PTB but Pep cant?
Any idiot can do it.But it takes a special coach to play the way Pep does.I for one admire him for playing the game the only way it is supposed to be played,the Cruyff way.

This is the problem with you guys. You only see "Cruyffian totalitarian 70 % possession" or "Big Sam/Mourinho camp your own box with 11 players and hope for God and the Queen to nick a goal upfront" type of football. Football isn't that black and white.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 08, 2015 6:29 pm

My opinion is:

Whether you set them up like Pep or Mourinho, you cannot win a LEAGUE (even a village cringefodderLOL league as you like to call it) without getting your team to gel and perform, and that's why it's ridiculous to say "any run of the mill coach could do x and win the league", whether x is PTB or 50m high line.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 08, 2015 6:32 pm

I didn't actually say that though.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Yeah. You were echoing Franchise I realize now. I apologize for the 'pile of shit' comment..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Yeah. You were echoing Franchise I realize now. I apologize for the 'pile of shit' comment..

No harm done. You only owe me a Warsteiner now.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat May 09, 2015 4:39 pm

so what happens to pique, alves and neymar if they recieve an yellow in the second leg?? will they miss final if we progress???

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 09, 2015 4:57 pm

You get suspended after 3 yellow cards, not 2. No one is in danger of suspension (unless red card).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
free_cat wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:I read an article by 'Sid Lowe' about how there are fragments within Barcelona who hate Pep Guardiola and will not welcome him warmly. Maybe I'll share the link some time as I don't have it now.

Does anyone have a link to this article?

It's in my other laptop. I'll try to share it as soon as possible.

Sorry for the delay. Here's the link.

http://www.espnfc.com/uefa-champions-league/2/blog/post/2427816/on-pep-guardiolas-barcelona-return-by-sid-lowe

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue May 12, 2015 11:48 pm

double
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 13, 2015 8:34 am

messixaviesta wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Does anyone have a link to this article?

It's in my other laptop. I'll try to share it as soon as possible.

Sorry for the delay. Here's the link.

http://www.espnfc.com/uefa-champions-league/2/blog/post/2427816/on-pep-guardiolas-barcelona-return-by-sid-lowe

Oh, Ok, I see. When you said "fragments within Barcelona" I thought you meant some players or coaches/staff. It is well known that a part of the media (and consequently of the manipulated fans by the media) hate Pep mainly because they are Nuñez/Rosell supporters and dislike Pep because he is a Cruyff/Laporta man. While he was with us winning everything, they were quite, but once he left, they started a campaign to diminish his importance and prestige.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7