Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Milan - Inter Empty Re: Milan - Inter

Post by dostoevsky Sun 19 Apr - 3:24:01

Jack's been included in the squad and the suggestions are he and Honda are cleared to play however Destro and Lopez will undergo late fitness tests.

Inter will be missing Brozovic, a player who brings a lot of balance to their side and Guarin, whose longs shots are always a threat, but they're strengthened by the return of Santon.

AC Milan Squad: Abbiati, Diego Lopez, Donnarumma; Abate, Antonelli, Alex, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Paletta, Rami, Zapata; De Jong, Mastalli, Poli, Suso, Van Ginkel; Bonaventura, Cerci, Destro, Honda, Menez, Pazzini

Inter Squad: Handanovic, Carrizo, Berni; Juan Jesus, Andreolli, Vidic, Santon, Ranocchia, Felipe, D'Ambrosio, Donkor, Nagatomo, Dimarco; Kovacic, Medel, Obi, Gnoukouri, Hernanes, Palazzi; Palacio, Icardi, Podolski, Puscas, Shaqiri, Bonazzoli
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 19 Apr - 20:18:11

Milan - Inter CC-VJXLWMAAHhdv
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 19 Apr - 22:47:22

I nearly broke my laptop when Menez did his thing.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 19 Apr - 22:53:51

Positives:
-DL
-Suso
-NDJ
-Ref (The OG he disallowed)
-Alex

Negatives:
-Menez
-Allegri on the wings (should be in midfield imo)
-Ref (The goal he denied)
-Abate paranoia (Doesn't have the best track record in derbies, almost let Palacio get the better of him most times)

Meh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr - 22:57:05

lucky to have drew this game. but impressed with lopez mexes abate, and suso.

antonelli has a disastrous game again giving de ambrosio hernanes and the inter youngster so much licence to run freely

not impressed with poli and van ginkel either, we just lack so much of quality to create chance from midfield. hopefully this will be the last season that we see something like this and under new helm and ownership things change for better.

destro cerci well i be damned if we buy them. nothing to offer.

my man of the match is Diego Lopez and Mexes
Lopez because he made string of unbelievable saves!!! just one mistake of almost making icardi get ball off from him otherwise absolutely amazing.

mexes, this guy was on it today, so many important aerial and ground interceptions, really played well to clear ball off the defense. i would have still seen him as one of the best players on the field despite his own goal, because he did so much better things tonight than that own goal.

and also suso was great, saw players in spaces, also went for goal himself, he need regular games

menez also sucked btw... he just refuses to chase opponents when he is just like few meters away from him

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu 21 May - 15:05:14

Again, given that this game is no longer recent, I will not say much. I just wanted to comment however on the difference between the Milan clubs that comes about as a result of the relative levels of our coaches.

Our results have essentially both been equally terrible. Both sides are inconsistent, mistake prone disasters. Inter's problems however stem largely from random individual mistakes whilst our own issues are largely systematic. Under Mancini, Inter have regularly played well but failed to secure a result.

One of the most dramatic differences in the existence of a style of play. Mancini, often criticised for an overly defensive approach, has actually had Inter doing very well with the ball for the most part during his short reign but suffering from naivete or stupidity at the back. Where they impress however is their capacity to change both formation and players and still fundamentally look like the same side playing by the same ideals. It is a consistency of philosophy that Mancini has drilled into the side in a short time that is completely absent from Milan.

Mancini has shifted the shape of the side, dropping and returning wingers, inside forwards, trequartistas from month to month but fundamentally retaining the same ideas. Shaqiri, Hernanes, Kovacic and Podolski have been coming in and out like yo-yos, Santon has been replaced with a central defender in Juan Jesus and yet it has not affected their approach. Naturally, they possess different individual skill sets which mean that the expression of football within games may play - from Santon's reliance on his ability to dribble to Jesus' capacity instead to pick a moment to make an overlapping run - but they don't change drastically from week to week.

This is the main reason that Inter could bring in 19 year old Gnoukouri and have him look like he's been playing for years. He found space easily, his footwork was clean and sharp whilst he made the right, simple decision time and time again. He did not look out of place for a second against seasoned professionals and a potential weak link instead became part of a well oiled machine.

Contrast this with our side. Inter have brought in players and changed formation as often as we have this season but what has not altered - under the one coach of course, excluding Mazzari's tenure - is their approach. Conversely, we may play 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 from week to week but change from sitting deep and trying to counter to taking the game to our opposition to wandering about like nomads wondering what on earth the strange round thing is and why we can't get it.

We were fortunate to get the result but what happens on any one day in football may not be particularly reflective of a side's quality. What is more concerning however is that Inter have a coach in place and the spine of a squad to start ironing out the problems in their play and return to being consistent competitors. The need for consistency in the ideas we bring to the table is even more imperative than our line up each week and Inzaghi simply can not bring this to the table. The only consistent thing about our team is that Lopez is generally the star of the show but as we learnt against Sassuolo, that can't happen every week. We might not have lost against Inter this year but if we don't make the right managerial changes this summer, we may have to get used to it next season.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri 22 May - 1:45:15

Great summaries on the last 3 matches Dost, great diligence, i don't know where you find the motivation for your writeups considering our current predicament but nonetheless fantastic work Thumbs up

V Inter: Spot on with the Mancini/Pippo comparison, despite them not doing that much better than us. Its clear that Mancini is instilling a gameplan for his team. I think one thing Pippo should be credited for is starting Suso, he held his own against JJ and Kovacic on the right flank despite not getting a lot of gametime with us.

V Roma: Can't comment as i've yet to see the game, was travelling.

V Sassuolo: Again, i agree with yu on Berardi's assessment, we make him out to be the Italian Maradonna against us. I don't know why Pippo started Bonera at LB, but Pippo gonna Pip. Its just another game against minnows where we shoot ourselves in the foot.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down