Vibe
Shed
huntsman
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Improving our Striking Force  - Page 2 Empty Re: Improving our Striking Force

Post by huntsman Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:52 am

Of course,  if your only concern is for Chelsea to compete against Southampton, Swansea and West ham, then there is hardly a problem with Chelsea let alone with the strikers and maybe they should only go for one CM as you have been repeatedly suggesting. But if we are to compete at the highest levels against teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, then we have big problems. See the term "problem" is relative. One team's problem is another one's gain.  Stats sometimes can be misleading. At the highest levels, every detail counts.

Costa is a good CF, only recently he has not been playing as a CF but more like a winger and Hazard is taking the # 10 role (past few games including the psg at home). But even as a CF, Costa has nothing over Ibra. Costa and Remy play very similar roles. They're good CF / poachers, but they don't bring a tactical advantage to Mourinho if he decides to change the game plan. This is why I had been calling for us to go after technical strikers for several months now, ever since I saw how limited our options are upfront. I didn't call candidate names back then until Ibra's recent fall out with the French Media. Benzema has always not been flashy enough for the Madrid Galacticos Project and he has always been on the chop list for the past few years. That doesn't mean that we will be able to secure the services of either or both. It just means there is an opportunity which we should consider, because we do have problems in our front-line.

I do agree, that Chelsea's cracks extend beyond the striking role and is mainly in the midfield.

It depends on Mourinho's vision, whether he still wants to play with a rock solid defensive formation  or he wants to reshape the team to be like water; water which could eat through any type of rock. He already understands that this will be his last chapter at Chelsea unless he tries to bring something new which even if he fails at, it would still be a very good experience and a mutual benefit for him as a manager and the Club.

So If you want Chelsea to compete at the highest levels and play dominant football, the core team needs re-building.

I actually liked the way Chelsea played at home against PSG even when PSG where down to 10 players. Chelsea were trying and they almost succeeded if it weren't for the injury time goals conceded but I also understood that this is the best Chelsea can offer with the current players profiles. If the loss didn't come from PSG it would have came from Dortmund, Juve, Atleti or any other tier 1 or 2 teams.  Btw I have literally warned you about the exact scenario happening word for word if you remember except I called it a penalty leveler whereas it came from a corner but you decided I was reading too much into it and that we have already qualified to the quarter finals. Maybe you should try and consider what I am saying this time at least?

huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:50 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:02 am

Our strikeforce which averages a goal every other game is pony and a winger whose goals and assists you can count on one hand in April is one of our best players. I give up.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:11 pm

How many goals did Diego Costa score in 7 CL games? Nothing.
He managed to score against Burnley, Leicester, Everton (2 goals), Swansea (3 goals), Arsenal (1 goal) and 1 goal against liverpool when both teams were struggling during the first half of the season, against west Ham, West Bromwich, Tottenham (2 games, 2 goals, 1 per game) and in the draw against southampton.

One shouldnt build a case just on the back of those 20 goals scored. He scored 35% of those goals in the first 4 appearances against Burnley, Leicester Everton and Swansea. Not bad, but hardly impressive.

Only a naive person would think that based on those stats Chelsea are ready to compete with the Big Dogs or the Sharks as Jose likes to call them.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:34 pm

Saved by the Grace of Willian. I hope you guys are starting to slightly comprehend and factor in the importance of Willian in this Chelsea group. Jose rewarded Willian today by not subbing him.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2