iftikhar
Kick
CBarca
rwo power
McAgger
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Heung-Min Son? Empty How highly do you rate Heung-Min Son?

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:16 pm

He's too good for Leverkusen. Best current Asian player on the planet imo. When will a top team come in for him?

And teams won't be just buying his talents. That bandwagon goldmine in the far east Proud

SAF would have signed him by now to replace Kagawa. Laughing It's as if United didn't learn anything from him.

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Heung-Min Son? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Heung-Min Son?

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Son Heung-Min is a very hard working young player (I saw an interview with him a while ago and he's very seriously working on his performance and style) and he has a contract till 2018 at a club that doesn't need to sell. It could be either tricky or really expensive or both to pry him away from Bayer. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Heung-Min Son? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Heung-Min Son?

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Had no idea Spurs actually signed him. Heard rumors but didn't think it was official.

Great signing. I really rate him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:04 am

I don't think anybody actually realizes it. Almost went over my head.

Don't really know anything about the guy, would appreciate some bundesfodder fans telling me how pos amazing he is.

Spent a pretty penny on him too so let's hope he turns out alright. One thing is for sure, Tottenham were looking for another striker/option up front...Spurs could have bought much worse from the little I have seen him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:06 am

He is the ultimate Spurs player, tbh.

He'll beast for one game, then disappear for three.

He is a decent player but I don't rate him that highly, mostly because he lacks consistency.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:09 am

Awesome, I was hoping for that.

Spurs to beat Man City 4-1 this year and lose to Bournemouth 2-0 the very next week :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:07 am

Kick wrote:He is a decent player but I don't rate him that highly, mostly because he lacks consistency.
Also, he is a bit injury-prone.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 12, 2018 2:44 pm

i find it odd that this guy, who could start in any team in the top 6 is not talked about a bit more, is he the most underrated player in EPL?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 12, 2018 2:56 pm

I always put him in my FIFA team, great player and I agree that he sort of flies under the radar
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 12, 2018 2:56 pm

he's one of the most inconsistent players you will ever see

I also don't recall him having a great game against a top side

I rate him highly as do a lot of fans

he was notorious on Fifa last season for being better than Ronaldo though..he had like 20 upgrades throughout the year and was in 9/10 teams you would play, no exagerration

he wouldn't start for City btw
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 12, 2018 3:38 pm

He got plenty of hype this year, I'd say he's rated right?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Son is another one of those players that's only ever mentioned when there's occasion to laud him, when he's done something great.
There there's weeks and weeks where you don't hear anything about him.
With elite players, the expectation is they do something noteworthy every week. Proof that instinctively we know Son isn't one.

Not the only time I’ve seen comments like this on here. So, what’s the general verdict on him now? Overrated? Fittingly rated? Underrated?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:20 pm

Fittingly. A very complete forward who performs superbly under pressure and beyond our expectations as a whole for what he is. Very impressive footballer.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Very good footballer, but I wouldn't call him elite. He's a classic case of an underrated footballer becoming overrated because of his perception of being underrated so people have to exaggerate his level to compensate.

He isn't the only one like that though. Mane is another example. I read some calling him the best in the world, he isn't even the best on his team or in the PL ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:03 pm

Elite level since the PL re-started. MOTM every game.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:32 pm

Is he the greatest Asian player ever ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Robespierre wrote:Is he the greatest Asian player ever ?

Not until they write poems about him like German authors did for BUM-KUN CHA :bow: :bow:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:48 pm

I always thought me and CB were the only ones who rated him on here. Not a perfect player, by any means, but a very complete one, in my opinion.

I clearly recall mentioning him as one of the Bundesliga exports that were surprisingly snapped up for cheap by Tottenham despite showing so much promise at Leverkusen, and the common consensus on here seemed to be that he was either mediocre or «Tottenham-level». I believe that last part was Hans.

Some may have underrated him, but I also recall more than one person on here pointing out that wasn’t able to carry Tottenham when they needed him to, which was a pretty high standard to set for a player who wasn’t a regular starter at the time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:01 pm

He definitely has been carrying them. With Kane playing as a playmaker he's their main goal threat, and really only goal threat. You can tell that Spurs really struggle against teams that are able to successfully break the Kane > Son connection.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:41 pm

Robespierre wrote:Is he the greatest Asian player ever ?

technically speaking, yes!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:33 pm

Yeah, he's great. But who's gonna remember him after wasting his prime at Tottenham? At least Hazard won a few trophies.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:16 pm

While Ronaldo is scoring a hattrick,
his Korean wannabe impersonator just keeps falling over

Levels.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:38 pm

One is often a standout performer, even when his team doesn't step up to the task. Didn't perform today, though.

The other has been misfiring recently, and conveniently missed out on the embarrassment of his team's performance against Man City, but stepped up to the task today.

Sometimes, I genuinely wonder if you prefer short bursts of great performances over consistency hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 22, 2022 5:35 pm

@hapless_Hans

topscorer in the PL this season
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 22, 2022 5:36 pm

So happy to see him win pichichi over that self proclaimed best player in the world
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next