Nishankly
Helmer
Art Morte
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Liverpool v Tottenham Empty Liverpool v Tottenham

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:29 am

Right, well, I'm still very frustrated about only drawing against Everton when we totally had them at the Goodison. They had nothing on us. Frustrated, because I don't think we gave ourselves the best possible chance of scoring and winning by starting Gerrard as attacking midfielder. Frustrated, because Rodgers makes a sentimental decision to play Gerrard for 90 minutes while subbing off our best and most creative AM Coutinho. I am frustrated.

Well, at least it has to be pretty much certain that Gerrard won't start this one after playing two full games this week. Tottenham come to Anfield already on Tuesday with a four point lead over us. Obviously only a victory will help us, so we should just go for it from the start, no reason to "feel Tottenham out" or see how they have come to play at Anfield. Time to throw caution to the wind.

The line-up should be interesting to see, who is fit to start (Lucas, Sturridge, Markovic?), is anyone going to be rested (Henderson, Coutinho?), which players are going to come in?

There are 14 games left in the season and a win would keep us in the top-4 race. A draw would make it look very difficult already and a defeat would probably mean that Tottenham are going to finish the season above us. A make or break game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Tottenham Empty Re: Liverpool v Tottenham

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:24 pm

I think we should target their fullbacks, specially Rose, it will be very nice if Ibe and Sterling can combine on that side to create havoc and create chances for Studge :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Just beat them. Must win.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:17 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I think we should target their fullbacks, specially Rose, it will be very nice if Ibe and Sterling can combine on that side to create havoc and create chances for Studge :coffee:

Tbh their whole back-four is there for the taking. Not one of their defenders have been convincing this season and they've been changing it around a lot.

We could be our own worst enemy in a game like this if we play to Tottenham's strengths, but if we play the way we should this could be easy as the Swansea game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 pm

Well the greatest threat is Eriksen and the newly nicknamed Hurricane!!

Ibe should start with his brilliant performance and i would be all for trying Marko (if fit) in place of Gerrard in an attacking position. No harm in trying :coffee:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Mignolet
Johnson-Skrtel-Sakho
Ibe-Henderson-Emre-Moreno
Raheem-Coutinho
Sturridge

This is if Markovic & Lucas isn't fit. If fit, They should replace Moreno (who hasn't been any better than Markovic) and Johnson (Emre going back to CB) respectively.

I don't know who said/posted this that, but Rodgers & 3-4-3 will face the real test (along with the authenticity of our resurgence) against teams like Everton, Spurs etc. in the crunch period.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:25 pm

@Marty, Rodgers goes to being a pos only in away games Laughing . At home, performance wise, I am sure we will perform good in this game. Specially in big games, we always perform. It will only come down to whether we score when get chances. Sturridge should start this and what a game it will be because Spurs was the last team against whom he had started his last game. It is kind of stupid to think now that I was excited at the return of Studge where as he hasnt yet been involved so much in Feb, specially I was expecting him to do something against Everton. But cant blame him, because as soon as Coutinho was off, we couldnt create so much.

@Ifty, shifting Can to midfield is really tricky. You change the back three which is putting such a consistent defensive good performance and then you are getting someone like Johnson in place of Can. So I think Allen should be fine in place of Lucas because I think this will be one of those games where we will have lot of possessions and it suits to Allens style imo and defensively we will be fine. I just hope now that it doesnt end something like 1-1.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:56 am

Eriksen vs Allen. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:16 am

Damian
‏@DamianLFCpl
Lucas is out of Tuesday’s pivotal showdown with Tottenham and could be facing a lengthy absence – Paul Joyce, Daily Express

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:51 am

I really hope Rodgers would put Can in midfield instead of Allen or Gerrard. Or even Rossiter xD
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:01 am

Hope you guys crush them. Liverpool v Tottenham 2276801876

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:48 am

I am telling you guys, Spurs are going to get shit scared when they come on the pitch at Anfield. I am sure Poc will try to play mostly on the counter and play as compact as possible because he knows we struggle to break down teams when they defend deep. Well it was hilarious the way Everton CBs were near their own box all the time and refuse to come forward even when Sterling was almost near half way line, Laughing

We just need to be clever when we choose our moments in the final third and score one or two of those 20 shots and 7 on target.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:43 pm

We certainly aren't going to drop deep against the Spurs like Arsenal did. Home or not. We will take the game to them and they are not organized enough to withstand our pressure -- the key is going to be finishing all the chances we create (is that anything new?).

As far as I'm concerned this should be our line-up:

Skrtel - Can - Sakho
Sterling - Henderson - Allen - Moreno
Lallana - Coutinho
Sturridge

Assuming Studge can actually start a game this time. Otherwise Markovic/Ibe switch with Sterling and he moves up front.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:51 pm

@Ifty, shifting Can to midfield is really tricky. You change the back three which is putting such a consistent defensive good performance and then you are getting someone like Johnson in place of Can. So I think Allen should be fine in place of Lucas because I think this will be one of those games where we will have lot of possessions and it suits to Allens style imo and defensively we will be fine. I just hope now that it doesnt end something like 1-1.
I know changing the back three which has worked so well is a gamble. But you and me both know that Allen can't play the defensive midfield role, certainly not against Spurs. The choices are:

#1. Make the defense a bit 'weaker' while having the cover from Emre.

#2. Keep the defense strong while making it susceptible from midfield.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:56 pm

No, Allen should be fine for a home at Anfield, doesnt matter if it is Spurs. If Gerrard doesnt start, Allen-Hendo and the rest of team will function properly in terms of pressing. I think that should work.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:00 pm

I think having Allen in place of Lucas is not as bad as people are making it out to be. Especially since we are going to be driving forward for most of the game. Allen is tenacious and knows how to take a tactical foul. He'll do just fine.

It's the prospect of starting Gerrard instead of Lucas that scares me.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:58 pm

What if we start like this

Mignolet
Johnson-Skrtel-Lovern-Enrique
Emre
Henderson-Allen
Lallana
Balotelli-Lambert
hmm Suspect
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Ifty, it must be late there..pls go to sleep :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:41 pm

Lucas unlike Allen passes forward 90% of the times, He's always looking for that incisive pass in the center.

Art ffs you jinxed us, I only hope your confidence in this team without Lucas is legit because im shitting my pants here, Make or break month and we lose our best midfielder for a month ( apparently). This is Henderson red card against City all over again. Sad Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:58 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Ifty, it must be late there..pls go to sleep :coffee:
I did it Chaka banana

Nope, it's 12 AM Razz
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Also this isn't Redknapp's Spurs that we need to keep them quiet for the first 30 mins, This team is now the most prolific in the final 15 mins. That's the time when we are at our worst. Need an early goal because people are gonna get leggy after relatively less recovery time from the derbies.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:30 pm

Nishy wrote:Lucas unlike Allen passes forward 90% of the times, He's always looking for that incisive pass in the center.

Art ffs you jinxed us, I only hope your confidence in this team without Lucas is legit because im shitting my pants here, Make or break month and we lose our best midfielder for a month ( apparently). This is Henderson red card against City all over again. Sad Sad

BINGO.

and that's one of the main differences that has transformed our build up play since the introduction of Lucas to the side.

Neither Allen/Gerrard to this. Lucas is the king of those short forward passes that break the lines and get the ball to likes of Coutinho/Sterling/Lallana in dangerous areas.

So gutted and less confident without him now in that run. We need Allen to perform like his first 2 months...he won't though Sad

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:05 am

I think we will struggle without Lucas in away games but in home games we should be fine. Tomorrow will be a very good test of that opinion :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:37 am

I'm honestly not sure who I'd pick for this one. These guys must be feeling the effects of so many games by now. I just hope we're not too fatigued to keep up with them.

I haven't watched much of Tottenham this season.

I'd go all out attack.

Mignolet
Johnson/Skrtel/Sakho
Markovic-Hendo-Can-Ibe
Sterling-Cou
Sturridge

Man, I've had a long day...
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:44 am

I would not go all out attack, Harry Kane on present form will rip you a part.

Get someone to mark him out of the game and then stop Eriksen and they are useless.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next