Jack Daniels
izzy
halamadrid2
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Liverpool

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:32 pm

What has been evident with our last couple of games is that we play better with a 442 than 433. I am going to be very dissapointed if we go back to 433 just to let Bale be part of the attack and have James hovering around the penalty area going back to the 433 on paper but 424 in reality. Bale has no place as a starter, he doesn't combine well with our fullbacks and has a poor allround game

Isco is unfortunately the one to sit out despite being the best of the three so far this season

Wouldn't mind Bale as a CF because he has strikers instincts but for who?? Both Ronaldo wnd Benzema are in the form of their lives atm

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Neither Bale (nor Ronaldo for that matter) do the things that a trained CF can do.  You have to be able to do the follow things:
-  Score obviously
-  link up
-  play with your back to the goal
-  make diagonal and off shoulder runs, not just vertical speed ones
-  have a decent air game

CR7 and Bale can score, make vertical runs and have an air presence.  But since so much of their game is predicated on having space to use their speed...  they are reduced to being average at CF.

With or without Benz playing well, putting either of those two at CF is not a good idea.  Chicha is more effective than them at the position.

I mean, can you imagine Bale having to technically out-maneuver people in tight spaces? He just doesn't have that kind of skill.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:07 pm

I'd rather have him somewhere where he isn't part of our general play and no a CF doesn't need to be good at link up, he is good in the air and makes good runs, scores goals so he fits most of the criteria you mentioned
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:13 pm

He doesn't make the runs... he makes one of the runs. There's more than just one type of run that a CF needs to make.

And yes... effective CFs need to link up effectively. All of the best ones do. If you can't, defenders just overplay your runs since they can react to plays where you decide to hold up and try to link... if you're bad at it, chances are you'll do nothing they need to worry about.

You're underestimating what goes into being a CF.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:34 pm

The good cf's i know don't do much link-up play and i doubt it is a necessary criteria too..not everybody can be benzema, neymar, messi or ibra or even suarez. Bale has the most importand thing needed, which is scoring instincts and moreso he makes good runs, good enough to be an effective cf..btw, i doubt few cfs (chicha inclusive) ticks all the boxes you mentioned.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:35 pm

The good cf's i know don't do much link-up play and i doubt it is a necessary criteria too..not everybody can be benzema, neymar, messi or ibra or even suarez. Bale has the most importand thing needed, which is scoring instincts and moreso he makes good runs, good enough to be an effective cf..btw, i doubt few cfs (chicha inclusive) ticks all the boxes you mentioned.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:47 pm

i agree with hala and bankz to an extent....a good cf doesn't necessarily have to be good at link up plays, for the most part its about instincts and positioning...However, where I think sports may be coming from is that 'at madrid', the cf has to have such a feature in his arsenal. you can't be an inzaghi (great cf imo) type cf at madrid and help the team, b'cos the main scorer predominantly plays out wide, and isn't a playmaker, so what you'll have is the team playing like they are a man down, cos the cf will just roam the front lines waiting for chances without actually participating.......and No, i don't think bale nor cristiano can play or even like to play in the cf position; they might roam there occasionally doesn't mean you can restrict them to that, they are very much still inside forwards (not typical wingers)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:15 am

rofl so if benzema doesn't link up consistently, who flows the attacks? cr or bale? this is not fifa ffs grow up already, someone has to do specific jobs, so the team as a whole can function smh, why does the team play better without bale? if you can just drag and drop players? i swear you guys say the stupidest things when the answers are right in front of you, isco is getting benched
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:10 am

Trust me when i say this, CR and Bale CAN'T play well as a striker in madrids system. They can't play their back to goal. Thats something that you can't just learn all of a sudden. The amount of turnovers they would have is ridiculous. As physical as both of them are, both CR and bale have abmysal balance and fall easily, unless challenging for a ball shoulder-to-shoulder or going for a header. As a cf you need to be tough and neither of them are. Bale looks like hes ice skating sometimes Laughing

Cr has good close control but bale has absolutely none. Plus they need space to fire off shots and both are direct players who run towards goal, not create. Ronaldos technical ability saves him but bale again has none, and their style doesn't suit cf, they're wingers.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:25 am

what your saying this isn't fifa? i thought as long as you score=cf/false 9 Laughing..... this forum and logic Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:18 am

Lol, i was only talking about bale and cf's in general not madrids specific playing system..comparing bale to benz is moronic in the first place as an average football fan knows benz is just a supperior player to bale in almost every category bar speed (and stat padding)..its like day and night tbh.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2