Is Reus the heartbeat of Dortmund?

5 posters

Go down

Is Reus the heartbeat of Dortmund? Empty Is Reus the heartbeat of Dortmund?

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Reus has been injured and glad to see him back and seem to his best already. Dortmund have really struggled, at least in the league, and I believe largely down to their best player by far being out. Although they have brought in many players over the past few years, losing their 2 real stars to Bayern and if the last one left is injured you really see a drop in level, no matter how hard they play.

Do you agree with my assessment? Do you think they need to strengthen further if they want to challenge Bayern again? Or dp u think they will be up there with their current squad? And what of Reus, will he be tempted to move like the others?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Is Reus the heartbeat of Dortmund? Empty Re: Is Reus the heartbeat of Dortmund?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Wat

Yes I think 14th placed Dortmund will have to improve their squad to compete with Bayern. As extreme and crazy as it sounds.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Apperantly, it's injuries that have disbalanced Dortmund atm. I think Klopp is the heartbeat of Dortmund but Reus definitely their leader along with Hummels.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:03 pm

If anything, Gündogan was their heartbeat during the 12/13 season.
He's coming back right now, though it remains to be seen to what extent.
At the least you would expect him to need a couple of months to reach top form again, if he physically can. Couldn't play, train, run or maybe partly even properly walk for a year after all.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Gundogan is more reliant on Technique and Stamina so I'm guessing he'll come back more or less unhampered. He'll be fine methinks.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Let's hope so. Such a great player.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:49 pm

He's the best player they have. Obviously having your best player out hurts though they should still have done better in the league so far. They will have to improve further obviously just like any team should always try to become better but apart from that unfortunately they'll certainly lose him either 2015 or 2016 (imo the former).
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:38 pm

He just seems so important to them though and such a class player. So all round and the one who lifts them all the time and makes the key difference whenever I watch them pretty much...

Anyway, I guess thats why Dortmund have been such a top team for the past few years, now just him, but the others too. But cant help but feel he cannot leave them, if he does, they wont have that elite individual able to lift them to that level anymore.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:06 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:He just seems so important to them though and such a class player. So all round and the one who lifts them all the time and makes the key difference whenever I watch them pretty much...

Anyway, I guess thats why Dortmund have been such a top team for the past few years, now just him, but the others too. But cant help but feel he cannot leave them, if he does, they wont have that elite individual able to lift them to that level anymore.

Afaik they won't be able to keep him if he wants to leave and even worse he can leave for quite a small amount of money.. something like 35m though I don't remember all that too well.

It's not that bad though. Of course losing him will hit Dortmund hard just like losing Lewandowski hit them hard but that's the way of life. They'll have to invest into some quality players..and yeah I know whoever they'd buy, not one of them would be as good as Reus. At least not right from the start.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down