RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

23y.o Ronaldo vs Reus Empty Re: 23y.o Ronaldo vs Reus

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 18, 2013 2:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:Lol without a doubt. Ronaldo won Balon d'Or at 23

But do you think a 23 y.o Ronaldo would win the Balon d'Or today ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Hard to say. He will be 2nd best for sure after Messi. But it's not fair to compare the different ages since the united team was one of the best in the world at that time compared to this madrid one if Ronaldo plays there at 23 hypothetically.

I would say that year Ronaldo was probably at his best.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Ronaldo by a mile.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue May 28, 2013 5:32 pm

I love Reus to death, but he is "just" f*cking great right now, CR at 23 was world class already. Reus is getting there, maybe I fail to remember Ronaldos flaws, but selfishness aside, he was just too good to give this to Reus. Especially the fact that he just scored more, no matter how you dress it up. Ronaldo delivered.
Reus is great, but he's much more of a team player and creator, he might improve your team more overall, but CR was more likely to win a shit team an important match.

I'd rather have Reus in my team, though, because I prefer teams to not play through one man only (even if I'm exaggarating, I'm sure most know what I mean).
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 5:34 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I love Reus to death, but he is "just" f*cking great right now, CR at 23 was world class already. Reus is getting there, maybe I fail to remember Ronaldos flaws, but selfishness aside, he was just too good to give this to Reus. Especially the fact that he just scored more, no matter how you dress it up. Ronaldo delivered.
Reus is great, but he's much more of a team player and creator, he might improve your team more overall, but CR was more likely to win a shit team an important match.

I'd rather have Reus in my team, though, because I prefer teams to not play through one man only (even if I'm exaggarating, I'm sure most know what I mean).

Depends what kind of team you are building, Reus is a better link up player than Ronaldo ever was.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm

what kind of team can you build where ronaldo isnt a liability on his left side Jibers? It's well establishd already that you dont need to have ronaldo in your team to win trophies and to be elite.

oh wait, let me get my umbrella... 23y.o Ronaldo vs Reus Umbrella
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:what kind of team can you build where ronaldo isnt a liability on his left side Jibers? It's well establishd already that you dont need to have ronaldo in your team to win trophies and to be elite.

oh wait, let me get my umbrella... 23y.o Ronaldo vs Reus Umbrella

LOL. Inb4Giggity

Ronaldo is a tacticall liabilty and would never have worked under any of the greatest coaches.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Reus is more intelligent than Ronaldo was a 23, and a better playmaker. Ronaldo was more athletic, had a better shot, dribbling is debatable.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Ronaldo scored 42 goals when he was 23 years old and won the Ballon d'Or. He was a main event player.

I don't think there's any way Reus can be better.

In terms of him winning the Ballon d'Or at 23 years old this year, he wouldn't, since Messi's better. However he'd still be 2nd and ahead of Reus.

There's a lot of players who are better than Reus.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Ronaldo scored 42 goals when he was 23 years old and won the Ballon d'Or. He was a main event player.

In terms of him winning the Ballon d'Or at 23 years old this year, he wouldn't, since Messi's better. However he'd still be 2nd and ahead of Reus.

Reus isn't the focal point or BVB's target man, neither takes every FK and penalties. 2008 Utd was built around Ronaldo. I'm not saying he wasn't brilliant, but the difference between them isn't that big.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Ronaldo scored 42 goals when he was 23 years old and won the Ballon d'Or. He was a main event player.

Reus isn't the focal point or BVB's target man, neither takes every FK and penalties. 2008 Utd was built around Ronaldo. I'm not saying he wasn't brilliant, but the difference between them isn't that big.

Agreed. Plus the EPL hype was in overdrive.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue May 28, 2013 6:54 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Reus isn't the focal point or BVB's target man, neither takes every FK and penalties. 2008 Utd was built around Ronaldo. I'm not saying he wasn't brilliaont, but the difference between them isn't that big.

Agreed. Plus the EPL hype was in overdrive.

I remember some sky sports pundit claiming he was the best player in history Proud

Last edited by Diego Armando Maradona on Tue May 28, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

If Reus scored a lot of goals for Dortmund, then they would maybe consider giving him more freedom.

Same could be said about a lot of players compared vs Ronaldo. Aguero for example is a good dribbler, link up player etc and he scored around 30 goals at the age of 23 in the 11-12 season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

If Reus scored a lot of goals for Dortmund, then they would maybe consider giving him more freedom.

Same could be said about a lot of players compared vs Ronaldo. Aguero for example is a good dribbler, link up player etc and he scored around 30 goals at the age of 23 in the 11-12 season.

That doesn't happen because they are a TEAM, not a ONE MAN TEAM.

PS : Even Benzema is better than Kun, let alone Reus.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 28, 2013 7:23 pm

They're a team, just like Bayern, however one of the reasons for that is due to them not having a player who's better than the others. Reus, Gotze, Lewandowski are all on a similar level. So are Robben, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Ribery etc.

Whereas Messi and Ronaldo are clearly the best players at their clubs.

If Reus suddenly started to do really well, then may give him slightly more freedom.

In terms of Benzema vs Aguero, Benzema has 15 goals in the CL and La Liga this season while Aguero has 14 in those 2 competitions, so they're both similar. Both didn't really have the best of seasons.

Last season they scored 28 in the CL/Europe and League. So I think both are on a similar level.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down