El Gunner
Hapless_Hans
Raptorgunner
TalkingReckless
RealGunner
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anderlecht Vs Arsenal[Champions League] Empty Anderlecht Vs Arsenal[Champions League]

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:34 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/sep_14/gun__1410948588_ox_dortmund2.jpg

Anderlecht Vs Arsenal
Wednesday 22nd October: 19:45 BST
Constant Vanden Stock Arena

Crisis Point

We are at the stage where things don't really seem bright any more. Injuries, Poor performances in the league, lack of ideas everywhere and so on. All of that has put up pressure on the Team and with great pressure, comes more problems. We can't perform anymore like the way we used to. Much has already been said about that so I won't repeat anything else. However what I would say is that maybe it's really not that late to start a road to recovery. We are getting few of our key players back in Walcott and Ramsey while Arteta coming back is a major boost as well despite what we all feel about him. Surely we will improve in midfield and attack now. Arsene talked about the lack of balance this week and he is most definitely right. But it's not us who can fix this problem, it's him. Obviously he knows more than us for what goes behind in the training ground however when we get the likes of Walcott, Sanchez, Welbeck, Ramsey all functional, then surely our season will turn on its head?

Tomorrow, I think we will be fine. Anderlecht gave Galatasaray problems at home but we should be beating them. Probably not a dominating performance like it was against Gala but I am confident of a win. We don't deserve to be in the CL if we can't beat the likes of them, with all due respect. Expecting few changes. Big day for Martinez in goal. Perhaps we might even get lucky and see Diaby on the bench. I would drop Wilshere and Oxlade for Ramsey and Joel though. But can't see Arsene sharing that view.

Team News

For Arsenal, Chambers is back while Ospina is out for 3 months. Nothing more.

Expected Arsenal Team

-------------------------Martinez-------------------------------
Bellerin--------Mertesacker-----Chambers------------Gibbs
---------------Ramsey-----------Arteta---------------------
Oxlade------------------Cazorla--------------------Sanchez
---------------------Welbeck--------------------------------

Expected Anderlecht Team

-----------------------Proto----------------------------
Vanden Borre-------Mbemba------Heylen------- Deschacht
------------------Defour--------Tielemans------------------
Najar---------------- Praet-------------Suarez------------
-------------------------Mitrovic-----------------------------

Match Facts(FourFourTWo)

• Anderlecht and Arsenal have faced each off only twice in European competition - that was in the final of the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup 1969-70.
  • These two matches ended with one win for each team, but Arsenal lifted the trophy, by winning 4-3 on aggregate.
  • There have been 12 previous meetings between Arsenal and Belgian sides: the Gunners have lost only three times (W7 D2). The Gunners have won each of their last five against teams from Belgium.
  • Anderlecht suffered their worst loss in Europe against an English side: 10-0 against Manchester United in the European Cup preliminary round in 1956/57.
  • The Gunners' joint-biggest win in Europe came against a Belgian team, beating Standard Liege 7-0 in the Cup Winners Cup in 1993/94.
  • Arsenal have found the net only once in their last four away games in European competition, including qualifying.
  • Anderlecht's last win in Europe came November 2012 (1-0 against Zenit St. Petersburg), with seven losses and three draws since.
  • The Belgians have conceded in each of these 10 matches, 2.6 per game on average.
  • Only one of the last six Anderlecht's Champions League goals has been netted by a striker.

Final Words

Let's hope we are more towards the bayern, Shakhtar and Chelsea of tonight rather than Roma or BATE.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Anderlecht Vs Arsenal[Champions League] Empty Re: Anderlecht Vs Arsenal[Champions League]

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Joel really needs to start, he was pretty good last game in the few minutes he played, Wenger needs to start rotating, our team is already razor thin and we don't need any more of them getting injured

I would really like Joel, Podolski and Rozza (if not injured) to play
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Anderlecht Vs Arsenal[Champions League] Empty Re: Anderlecht Vs Arsenal[Champions League]

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:00 pm

I didn't even know we play in CL anymore. Laughing

We are going through a rough time and I dont think this is going to be easy. We would be lucky to walk away with a tie. I am sure they would get more chances than Hull did and you all know teams score every chance they get against us.
Another big game for Arsenal and Wenger. Smile If we lose it will be just another day off for Wenger. Shows how far we have dropped….Hull and Anderlecht are BIG games for us now. eco smile

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Jesus Christ Raptor you are a spoilsport Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Jesus Christ Raptor you are a spoilsport Laughing

You got to have some fun, I am glad we are not facing bayern till next round though. Wink

Anderlecht will get us ready for big team if make second round. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:32 pm

I wonder what type of performance we'll be seeing today???
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:33 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I didn't even know we play in CL anymore. Laughing

My intern said to me when I was leaving work, 'Don't forget to watch the game tonight!' And I replied, 'What game?!'
She then told me, Arsenal plays tonight.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:35 pm

El Gunner wrote:I wonder what type of performance we'll be seeing today???

What's to wonder? It will be another eye sore shitfest with 4-1-4-1, unless Anderlecht rolls over and plays dead.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:38 pm

srigooner wrote:

My intern said to me when I was leaving work, 'Don't forget to watch the game tonight!' And I replied, 'What game?!'

Admit it, the only reason you posted this was to let us know you have a female intern working for you.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Admit it, the only reason you posted this was to let us know you have a female intern working for you.

3 actually :coffee: Big deal :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:40 pm

srigooner wrote:

What's to wonder? It will be another eye sore shitfest with 4-1-4-1, unless Anderlecht rolls over and plays dead.

you're kind a spoilsport too these days, sri, I have to say Sad
season has only started, so much to be looking forward too No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
srigooner wrote:

It's ironic. I was an optimist through all those lean trophyless years. And now, after the cup and that attacking-focussed-defending-ignored-transfer-window, I can hardly bring myself to muster any of the optimism.
I bought the Puma kit and it was just lying untouched for 3 weeks, before I finally wore it when we played this weekend. It's just, meh overall.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
srigooner wrote:

You are right we still have a small chance to get another Wenger made up trophy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:43 pm

Arsène Wenger: 'A win over Anderlecht is more important than my birthday'

What a guy, I think he should know by now, when there is special day for Wenger, the players usually screw it up. rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs; Flamini; Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla; Welbeck.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Subs: Huddart, Bellerin, Rosicky, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Campbell.

lol never even heard of Huddart
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Will be amazed if we keep a clean sheet tonight, not really looking too good fro us, facing the mighty Andelecht. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:05 pm

The return of good old 4-1-4-1 Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:19 pm

EL Patron wrote:
The return of good old 4-1-4-1 Laughing

Did it ever leave? Wink
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Was considering leaving work to watch the game. 4-1-4-1 think I will pass now.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:36 pm

6unner wrote:Was considering leaving work to watch the game. 4-1-4-1 think I will pass now.

Me too, will catch some of it at work and rest at home. No point missing work for Arsenal anymore. Mad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Awful.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:32 pm

predictable.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:33 pm

It's laborious. It's basics going wrong. That's why it's *bleep* pissing off. BASICS. Bloody *bleep* BASICS.

These guys aren't even on the same wavelength anymore.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 pm

WOW. rofl rofl rofl rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next