Arsenal vs Chelsea - How do we protect Flamini?

+18
Glory
julias
Nedved
EL Patron
6unner
RealGunner
djoe26
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
MJ
Jay29
Forza
Twoism
VendettaRed07
urbaNRoots
El Gunner
REWB
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs Chelsea - How do we protect Flamini?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Chelsea - How do we protect Flamini?

Post by 6unner Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:00 pm

I actually think that if we start this game with a plan of trying to stop Cesc that we might as well put it down as a loss before the match starts. Cesc will get his time on the ball and he will create chances. We need to stay on those in front Cesc from completing those chances. I am more concerned about trying to contain Hazard, Costa and Schurlle. I also do not think that this is will be a great game for Wilshere and would go with the same team that we started against Galatasaray. If for some reason Cazoral can not go then I would choose Diaby.

Chambers-Per-Kos-Gibbs
Flamini-Cazoral/Diaby
Ox-Ozil-Sanchez
Welbeck

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Chelsea - How do we protect Flamini?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Chelsea - How do we protect Flamini?

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Lol Cazorla will get overrun in the midfield. I know he has played there before, but that was in La Liga, this is the PL, and against Chelsea of all teams.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:08 am

El Gunner wrote:Lol Cazorla will get overrun in the midfield. I know he has played there before, but that was in La Liga, this is the PL, and against Chelsea of all teams.

+1

I'd still play Santi ahead of Jack and Ramsey in certain games just not against the likes of Chelsea, City.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:45 am

How about Ozil? Guy seems to be ON & OFF. In some games he seems - Not Interested at all.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:24 am

The whole season teams have been able to counter us with ease, how can we put a stop to this?Wenger really has to make sure our fullbacks stay back and stop playing LW/RW the whole game...Chelsea loves to counterattack.
I am not even worried about Sunday game, I actually have a good feeling about the game. There is no shame in losing against a better team, as long we give everything.

One thing I know for sure, we will go there to attack them like we have done in the past. there is no way we will park the bus, this requires a lot of effort and months of training on how to accomplish this.

Sunday we will either smash them or they will smash us. rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:14 am

I would laugh my head off if Wenger pulls the biggest surprise and parks the bus ott style

Bellerin Mert Kos Gibbs
Chambers Flamini Coquelin
Oezil Diaby
Welbeck

Oezil to play through balls for Welbeck to run onto, that's it. Time wasting from minute one, come out and frustrate Maureen and then Wenger to come out post match and say Maureen got a taste of his own medicine rofl
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:59 am

play to your strength, positive attacking football and you guys can get a result here.  Play like you played against chityy.. .

arsenal I am afraid do not have players to park the bus and grind it out, hence the best thing to do is taking the game to them and if you do that well enough, in no time mourinho himself will be parking a boeing in front of their goal. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:54 am

Play like we did against City and we'll lose, Chelsea are more clinical on the counter. Dortmund last season should've been the blueprint for our big game away performance's but we didn't seem to learn from that. I do agree that it's too late for tactical overhauls, just want to see Wenger implement the basics, don't play a ridiculously high line & don't play our fullbacks as wingers.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Starting line up? Laughing
Arsenal vs Chelsea - How do we protect Flamini?  - Page 2 1412424290476_Image_galleryImage_ST_ALBANS_ENGLAND_OCTOBERArsenal vs Chelsea - How do we protect Flamini?  - Page 2 1412424077186_Image_galleryImage_ST_ALBANS_ENGLAND_OCTOBER
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Since there's absolutely no chance Wenger even attempts to park the bus, I don't see how we can come out of this with a win. The spine of our midfield is very weak and I just can't see how Flamini can contain their midfield.

I fully expect our defence to be up for it, and this game hinges on whether Ozil can produce the goods. I would be very happy with a draw considering our recent history away at Chelsea
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Amar wrote:Since there's absolutely no chance Wenger even attempts to park the bus, I don't see how we can come out of this with a win. The spine of our midfield is very weak and I just can't see how Flamini can contain their midfield.

I fully expect our defence to be up for it, and this game hinges on whether Ozil can produce the goods. I would be very happy with a draw considering our recent history away at Chelsea

This is Wenger half time talk.

Arsenal vs Chelsea - How do we protect Flamini?  - Page 2 Attack
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Chelsea XI vs Arsenal: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Arsenal XI vs Chelsea: Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Welbeck
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Özil should be dropped, he has been soo shit unfortunately.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:24 pm

In my opinion Özil has been mostly pretty good today, but I do think he's been stripped of the ball much too easily on several occasions. And getting dispossessed like that always looks bad.

Decently balanced, somewhat frustrating half. Hard to argue with the penalty decision. Cahill's foul on Alexis looks rough ... at first I thought it was a reckless yellow but seeing replays makes me wonder if a red wasn't more appropriate.

Santi has been industrious so far today, including in putting in a defensive shift.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:07 pm

The disappointing thing is that we haven't been that bad today, just a little naive in defending the counterattack as the match wore on ... which was difficult because we needed to chase the game.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:14 pm

Sanchez was pretty awful.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Arsene is so stubborn and i hate him for that. He got his favorites in team and thats affecting the results. He should've brought ox on for özil in 60th minute but he substitued cazorla who was having a decent performance. His stubborness is the reason why we have a such a bad start to the season.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:19 pm

not too sure about sanchez tbh, atm he seems like he doesnt fit in, he doesnt have good enough vision. he might improve but i dont know, barca sold him to us for a reason.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:21 pm

REWB wrote:not too sure about sanchez tbh, atm he seems like he doesnt fit in, he doesnt have good enough vision. he might improve but i dont know, barca sold him to us for a reason.

They preferred La Masia (Pedro) over Chile.

Sanchez is legit.

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Well at least it's not 6-0 and goodnight
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wenger was pretty awful.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:27 pm

We weren’t bad, just weren’t good. Wenger talks a lot about 'desire' but he seems unable to motivate. We played with no intensity or pace, just like in every game this season bar gala, we did show SOME improvement defensively, so credit where it’s due there, though not too much obviously, we lost! Laughing

The Wenger brainfart  of the day was playing Ozil on the wing, again, yes he was shit, but I don’t think it’s fair to criticize while the guy keeps getting played out of position. Other than that, sure we could’ve/should’ve started OX on the wing, Carzola shouldn’t have been subbed off etc but I doubt any of these things would see us win this fixture.

The simple truth is Wenger & the team he has assembled is just not good enough to compete at the top level.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:34 pm

The truth is we are not good enough. Wenger doesn't even even have a plan in hand if things aren't working out.

Not even a single good shot on target, really embarrassing. :facepalm:

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:37 pm

Well the good thing was that we actually looked like we were in the game at parts. unlike last year.

Think if luck had it our way we could have made it 1-1 somehow..

But I don't think we deserved to win. Nowhere near that.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:00 pm

So good to conclude another year with 4th place trophy
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:14 pm

izzy wrote:
REWB wrote:not too sure about sanchez tbh, atm he seems like he doesnt fit in, he doesnt have good enough vision. he might improve but i dont know, barca sold him to us for a reason.

They preferred La Masia (Pedro) over Chile.

Sanchez is legit.

Yeah, sanchez will come good. Give him a run as a cf and see how it goes. cause hes been playing on the wing for the past 3 seasons and hes always been better as a second striker
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next