dostoevsky
TPSPriceless
salmano9
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juventus vs Malmo Empty Juventus vs Malmo

Post by salmano9 Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 am

Pereyra will miss due to suspension. Chiellini is back. Most probably we will see tevez-llol. Asamoah to replace vidal. Evra will play as LWB. In defense, chiello bonnuci caceres. Midfield with lich pogba claudio asa evra. There may be changes to switch to a 433.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Juventus vs Malmo Empty Re: Juventus vs Malmo

Post by salmano9 Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:54 am

Juventus have named a 21-man squad for their first group stage match of the 2014-15 Champions League against Malmo.

Max Allegri is once more able to call upon the recovering Alvaro Morata, whilst Giorgio Chiellini returns from injury and suspension in defence.

As expected there is no Andrea Pirlo or Arturo Vidal just yet, whilst Andrea Barzagli also drops out of contention, having been an unused substitute at the weekend.

Roberto Pereyra also misses out through suspension.
This afternoon Coach Max Allegri and Giorgio Chiellini faced the media ahead of tomorrow evening’s match.

Juventus squad to face Malmo: Buffon, Romulo, Chiellini, Caceres, Ogbonna, Pogba, Pepe, Marchisio, Morata, Tevez, Coman, Giovinco, Llorente, Bonucci, Padoin, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner, Storari, Evra, Rubinho, Mattiello
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:35 pm

It's important to start our European campaign with a victory over minnows Malmo but just as vital as it is for us to get a victory I'd also like us to impose our style against them, something we haven't necessarily done in the last few European campaigns.
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:11 pm

12:05 - SOON THE JUVENTUS RECESSED IN HOTEL - Juventus, shortly, should return to the hotel after finishing the Stadium. At 13, in fact, for the Bianconeri lunch is provided. Allegri, seems willing to confirm the 3-5-2. The absence more the technician will miss especially in midfield where Vidal and Pirlo injured and Pereyra disqualified, in their place so there will Marchisio who will act as a director with his sides Asamoah and Pogba. Meanwhile, in Turin, the sun came out after the rain last night.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:17 pm

All the best lads, this should be a relatively simple European debut with Juventus for Allegri, though as he pointed out, Malmo will likely be more physically prepared at this stage in the season. Milan were always able to collect the necessary results under Allegri in the group stage and I believe it will be no different here to get a good start and ensure that you keep pace with Atletico from the start.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:38 am

We should attack more from the left.

Pogba is too careless with his passing.

Marchisio is nowhere to be found.

Attacking line is too isolated.

4-3-3 please.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:37 am

Can anyone find highlights from the game? And if you had to summarize the game for me what would you say? I missed the game completely
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:15 am

Juveman17 wrote:Can anyone find highlights from the game? And if you had to summarize the game for me what would you say? I missed the game completely

We played well, but we really need to improve our finishing. I think Morata is reay to play more than 5 minutes, he was the one who earned the free kick for Tevez's goal. Defensively we were good, but I think playing with 4 at the back would of been the better formation today.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:44 am

We controlled the match, but we depended a lot on licht. And he was man of the match for me. We played a similar style to conte with crosses from evra and licht. Asa played well but markizio disappeared today. I guess he is tired from last game.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks for the insight guys, appreciate it
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:20 pm

salmano9 wrote:We controlled the match, but we depended a lot on licht. And he was man of the match for me. We played a similar style to conte with crosses from evra and licht. Asa played well but markizio disappeared today. I guess he is tired from last game.

TBH, I thought Lichsteiner got into good positions but needed to make better passes or shots. Evra gave a nice cross but both Llorente and Pogba didn't reach it.

Why am I reading that Morata deserves to start over Llorente. I mean Llorente isn't playing bad imo, but I do think sooner or later Morata will get his chance. I like what I've seen so far from him. Dribbling isn't bad, faster than I thought, now let's see his finishing and hopefully his passes improve from last season. Might've had a goal if that guy didn't push him down, but he earned the free kick for Tevez's goal, and that should bring the confidence up for both players. How do you guys think Morata would be as a winger, I would like to see a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 with Coman, Morata, and Tevez, maybe even Llorente in ST at some point because I think he strives in the 4-3-3.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:09 pm

apologies for wishing bonucci injury....

but we should defo be over 3-5-2 by now, there was ONLY 1 reason Juve fans were excited about getting Allegri and it was because we all thought it would be our liberation from the tyrannical 3-5-2 :facepalm:

we have Tevez, Coman, Giovinco add even Morata who has impressed in 8 mins more than Llorente this season, why are we limiting ourselves by playing a formation that limits us so badly I still don't get....

we rely on on uncreative wing-backs to create chances, the gap between midfield to attack is too damn big, we are easily countered in this formation.....

today's results means the group just became more tougher, we cannot risk playing 3-5-2 in Madrid in 2 weeks, we will be raped, Atl will be very aggressive at home and Olympiakos away is a hard game.....

the sooner Allegri starts a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 the better because we def have the men to play a back 4, bench Bonucci for the whole season if he keeps us from playing a back 4 ffs......
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:11 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:apologies for wishing bonucci injury....

but we should defo be over 3-5-2 by now, there was ONLY 1 reason Juve fans were excited about getting Allegri and it was because we all thought it would be our liberation from the tyrannical 3-5-2 :facepalm:

we have Tevez, Coman, Giovinco add even Morata who has impressed in 8 mins more than Llorente this season, why are we limiting ourselves by playing a formation that limits us so badly I still don't get....

we rely on on uncreative wing-backs to create chances, the gap between midfield to attack is too damn big, we are easily countered in this formation.....

today's results means the group just became more tougher, we cannot risk playing 3-5-2 in Madrid in 2 weeks, we will be raped, Atl will be very aggressive at home and Olympiakos away is a hard game.....

the sooner Allegri starts a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 the better because we def have the men to play a back 4, bench Bonucci for the whole season if he keeps us from playing a back 4 ffs......

I think switching to a back 4 after 3-4 years with the 3-5-2 is hard, so it might take time, but I think we'll see it sooner or later. I'm just wondering what it will look like, I'm hoping one with wingers like the 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 and maybe try Morata in both the ST and Wing position to see if we are capable of including both him and Llorente in the same team. If not than I think Coman and Giovinco are both capable of playing on the wing, but I'm really excited to see what Coman can do.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 pm

No , I wouldn't qaste morata in the wing. His ST position is perfect, but he needs to show that he deserves to take lolo's spot. Lolo did play well but I expected him to score from that easy header chance he had.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 pm

We still haven't addressed our main issue with the team, which is our full backs who play as wing backs are used as WINGERS in the final 3rd and asked to do the job that actual Wingers are meant to do I.E be decisive in wide areas on a consistent basis

Sure you could say 'Licht should do better' but in reality it's Juve that needs to sort itself out and buy a pair of wingers instead of pushing full backs right up the pitch in hope that they'll suddenly develop a wingers skill set.

I'm so happy we won, thank God. We'd be a mess if we failed to win that. But still we use a 3-5-2 (Which we have to at times due to the inability to sign a top CAM/a pair of wingers) and we still put a lot of our attacking plays through DEFENDERS. We lack pace, creativity and explosiveness in the final 3rd. And it's not our teams fault. It's our transfer policy/budget.

I don't blame Licht for not being a pace merchant, or being able to cut in and score. I don't blame our World class CMs for not being top class playmakers and I don't blame Llorente for being pretty average at times in our system as his biggest strengths come to play with a winger either side of him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:20 pm

3-5-2 is problematic, for me, because it relies either on the dynamism from the central midfield position (from midfielders who are not attacking midfielders in the build of Ozil, Mata, Fabregas etc.), but players who are more renowned for their energy like Marchisio, Asamoah, Vidal- great in open space but struggle a bit more to break down teams. After the midfield, it's the same play, a darting diagonal run from Lichtsteiner or Evra (Salt & Pepper ffs Proud ), into a lame cross.

As for Llorente, he has replaced Quagliarella in my heart on Juventus. Severely underrated and under appreciated because he bottles chances every now and then. His link up play and what he brings to Juventus in his size, strength and intelligence is very unique. He is a definite starter. Morata has looked good but lets not forget he is just coming off an injury and he is also running at a tired defense after the game has been won, or at the very least, a lead is being held.

Great start to the season. Allegri has inherited an incredibly strong team that only improved since Conte. However, he has limited himself and will live in his shadow if this continues in my opinion. Don't fix what isn't broken, but progress is the only thing that will last. What happens if and when Licht/Evra burn out? Game plan: diminished, destroyed?

Either way: a champions league win, a Tevez brace, a clean sheet Proud

Hope you're all doing well, Tom, I think you're the best poster here brother :bow:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:27 am

LUCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU'RE ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Very Happy

seriously bro everything ok? You were gone for so long what happened?

Also Quag daddy is no longer on Juve Sad
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:27 am

I think we should really switch to 4 at the back soon, hopefully our wingers can play well too. Like I said earlier, I think Llorente strives in a 4-3-3 with wingers beside him, but I'd also like to see Morata get a chance.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:48 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:We still haven't addressed our main issue with the team, which is our full backs who play as wing backs are used as WINGERS in the final 3rd and asked to do the job that actual Wingers are meant to do I.E be decisive in wide areas on a consistent basis

Sure you could say 'Licht should do better' but in reality it's Juve that needs to sort itself out and buy a pair of wingers instead of pushing full backs right up the pitch in hope that they'll suddenly develop a wingers skill set.

I'm so happy we won, thank God. We'd be a mess if we failed to win that. But still we use a 3-5-2 (Which we have to at times due to the inability to sign a top CAM/a pair of wingers) and we still put a lot of our attacking plays through DEFENDERS. We lack pace, creativity and explosiveness in the final 3rd. And it's not our teams fault. It's our transfer policy/budget.

I don't blame Licht for not being a pace merchant, or being able to cut in and score. I don't blame our World class CMs for not being top class playmakers and I don't blame Llorente for being pretty average at times in our system as his biggest strengths come to play with a winger either side of him.

We actually do have wingers. Coman and pepe, who has been impressing in pre-season and I think he should be given a chance in our midweek game next week after Milan (Atalanta I guess). Also, we should rotate in that match cuz Tevez and Llorente are no Superman to be able to play 4 full matches in a row.

Its possible to play 433 without pepe but tevez will be used as a RAM rather than a winger, which is fine for me. He can do Messi's job of cutting in anyways and help giving assists to Llorente. We have pereyra and seba as well who can play as wingers. See, it is possible to play with 433 without wasting 20-30m on one winger. We have versatile players and that really helps in changing systems.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:06 am

Juveman17 wrote:LUCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU'RE ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Very Happy

I've just been busy, along with a lack of desire to really be posting. Lots of things have happened but I'm just here for Juve/football discussion. Hope you're doing well too

Thanks for the concern but I'm at a fantastic point in my life brother :coffee:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:17 am

Luca wrote:
Juveman17 wrote:LUCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU'RE ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Very Happy

I've just been busy, along with a lack of desire to really be posting. Lots of things have happened but I'm just here for Juve/football discussion. Hope you're doing well too

Nice to hear Smile
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:32 am

Luca wrote:

Have you been reading the forums, or did you take a long break from not posting or reading?

GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 am

I read from time to time but for the most part, took a break

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:08 am

Luca wrote:3-5-2 is problematic, for me, because it relies either on the dynamism from the central midfield position (from midfielders who are not attacking midfielders in the build of Ozil, Mata, Fabregas etc.), but players who are more renowned for their energy like Marchisio, Asamoah, Vidal- great in open space but struggle a bit more to break down teams. After the midfield, it's the same play, a darting diagonal run from Lichtsteiner or Evra (Salt & Pepper ffs Proud ), into a lame cross.

As for Llorente, he has replaced Quagliarella in my heart on Juventus. Severely underrated and under appreciated because he bottles chances every now and then. His link up play and what he brings to Juventus in his size, strength and intelligence is very unique. He is a definite starter. Morata has looked good but lets not forget he is just coming off an injury and he is also running at a tired defense after the game has been won, or at the very least, a lead is being held.

Great start to the season. Allegri has inherited an incredibly strong team that only improved since Conte. However, he has limited himself and will live in his shadow if this continues in my opinion. Don't fix what isn't broken, but progress is the only thing that will last. What happens if and when Licht/Evra burn out? Game plan: diminished, destroyed?

Either way: a champions league win, a Tevez brace, a clean sheet Proud

Hope you're all doing well, Tom, I think you're the best poster here brother :bow:

forgot me ay ? -.-
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:24 am

Devi Proud
How is everything?

Luca