Legia Warsaw 4-1 Celtic || Martin Palermo is back

+4
Arquitecto
nasir6371
VendettaRed07
DeletedUser#1
8 posters

Go down

Legia Warsaw 4-1 Celtic || Martin Palermo is back Empty Legia Warsaw 4-1 Celtic || Martin Palermo is back

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Since I am an honorary Pole, and have affiliations with Legia Warsaw during my brief spell of living in amazing country of Poland, I watched the game in full.

Legia absolutely destroyed Celtic. scored 4 goals, MISSED TWO PENALTIES (both by the same guy...the new Palermo Proud ), and Forster was amazing. This Polish Messi kid lived up to the hype :bow:

Second leg next week at Celtic Park...if Legia don't get through, the POS who missed the penalties better run away. Can't express how happy I am for people of Warsaw....this is an amazing result !

Henning Berg :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Legia Warsaw 4-1 Celtic || Martin Palermo is back Empty Re: Legia Warsaw 4-1 Celtic || Martin Palermo is back

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Not sure if Celtic or Hibernian.

Always thought Neil Lennon was a terrible manager but I should probably be eating some crow right now. Don't think they would have lost or got dominated like this if he was still there

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Legia Warsaw 4-1 Celtic || Martin Palermo is back Empty Re: Legia Warsaw 4-1 Celtic || Martin Palermo is back

Post by nasir6371 Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:56 pm

Here to Laugh at Celtic. Didn't they beat Barca last year and getting steam rolled by a Polish teams, WOW.

Here they list where they would finish in the top 15 leagues of Europe. Some of them predicted they would finish 8th in La Liga and top 10 in PL rofl  

Their serves is too busy right now.

From Celtic Forum

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143977

Where would the finish ? (non biased edition)

Spain - 15th
England - 18th
Germany - 14th
Italy - 13th
Portugal - 4th
France - 7th
Ukraine - 3rd
Russia - 5th
Netherlands - 4th
Turkey - 3rd
Belgium - 1st
Greece - 2nd
Switzerland - 2nd
Cyprus - 1st
Denmark - 1st
Austria - 2nd

Congrats Sepi
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:27 am

Very happy with this result.

I maintain that Neil Lennon for all his crude and ancient tactics IS an effective manager though for the short term as his absence has most definitely left a gap in a very aging squad to which quite obviously was not built for the future.

Legia Warszawa are the only team I have witnessed in Poland along with Poznan and forever remain in my hearts along with their fans, history and Poland as a country as a whole. Memories I will never forget.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:38 am

I think the reason for Lennon's departure was that he thought it was more difficult to get into the CL with this Celtic team, without much money to spend, and I guess he was right. Celtic got a first-half red card, though, that explains the game a little.

I wonder how Celtic fans are feeling. Their season is pretty much over before it has started. They're going to walk the Scottish league again, so there's no excitement there. Now it seems near-certain there won't be CL football. Maybe they'll get into Europa League, if not, it's going to be such a boring season for Celtic fans.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:34 pm

We don't spend anywhere near enough for what we earn. We don't have any real quality going forward.

Legia are pretty poor as well. We were an absolute disgrace last night. I don't think Legia will beat whoever they get in the next round.

We really have regressed over the last 2 years went from having players like Wanyama, Ki and Ledley in midfield to Charlie Mulgrew. Complete joke. Down to the board more than anything else.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:35 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Very happy with this result.

I maintain that Neil Lennon for all his crude and ancient tactics IS an effective manager though for the short term as his absence has most definitely left a gap in a very aging squad to which quite obviously was not built for the future.

Legia Warszawa are the only team I have witnessed in Poland along with Poznan and forever remain in my hearts along with their fans, history and Poland as a country as a whole. Memories I will never forget.

Our squad isn't ageing at all, it's just not very good anymore.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:37 pm

Yo TenMenWonTheLeague how is Pukki doing?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Yo TenMenWonTheLeague how is Pukki doing?

He started this season brightly after being a major disappointment last year. I think most Celtic fans thought he would be our top scorer last year but he really isn't the type of striker we need despite actually being quite a good wee player.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by httredskins47 Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:51 pm

I wish the the Scottish premier league would merge with BPL. Throw Celtic in the champions league and let them move up, it would be good for both the English league and the Scottish teams.

httredskins47
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 pm

httredskins47 wrote:I wish the the Scottish premier league would merge with BPL. Throw Celtic in the champions league and let them move up, it would be good for both the English league and the Scottish teams.

Tell the clubs that have been in the English system for 100+ years that they are just going to let Celtic into the top flight and hand them CL football and see how they react. Would be pure anarchy. If they ever wanted to join the epl they would have to start at the bottom.

Celtic and maybe even Rangers might be able to sniff the premiership within a decade, but it would be awful for the rest of the clubs. I mean how exactly do you merge an FA of 40+ teams with the English FA? You just can't. Most teams would just fold in the English system. I'd say about a handful live in areas populated enough and big enough support to see any benefit but even they would likely just be buried in the low leagues forever.. Which isn't better than what they have now.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down